*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Malkamaniac »

Just woke up and heading to work. Ill catch up when I get there.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

headed out, should it come up.....i'm not the alpha, not a convert, not a RP. I won't be uber-upset if you all think its better for the garden/village to throw salt my way.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wow, a lot more action last night than there usually is. I agree with those who said it might be a good time to look at voting records to see if any trends have developed. It seems like at this point in the game we need to follow some sort of logic to make a choice.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I will be heading out for work shortly. Some interesting points, but nothing that makes me want to jump on board at this point.

I'm not really sure why he suddenly is in the clear in some people's minds... I am sticking with my "pick" for the time being.
salt canaan

Hopefully I will be able to check in and see if anything substantial comes to light.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

salt cuervo

He's the only one out of those people who have recieved votes that i think is a slug...(except canaan)....but i guess he's invincible this game.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Here's why I don't think Canaan is a slug...and then it's back to bed for a bit...

His name is getting thrown out there early and then when it doesn't grab, for the most part, the people who voted for him have no problem switching off of him.

Take a look at the kicksave vote...3 people voted for him then switched off of him when it was clear that it wasn't going to happen.

I think Dagny is partially right, the slugs are coming on right after saltings to try and dictate the vote. They haven't had much reason to fight anything considering we're not going with the people they want, but we're not going after any slugs, either. Someone more awake than me needs to look back at the beginning of the previous two votes and see how it all plays out. (pg. 41 and 49 roundabouts)

Of course, only wicked has stayed on canaan, so canaan may have been converted the night after the kicksave vote, as well.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

jaysmiter wrote:Here's why I don't think Canaan is a slug...and then it's back to bed for a bit...

His name is getting thrown out there early and then when it doesn't grab, for the most part, the people who voted for him have no problem switching off of him.

Take a look at the kicksave vote...3 people voted for him then switched off of him when it was clear that it wasn't going to happen.

I think Dagny is partially right, the slugs are coming on right after saltings to try and dictate the vote. They haven't had much reason to fight anything considering we're not going with the people they want, but we're not going after any slugs, either. Someone more awake than me needs to look back at the beginning of the previous two votes and see how it all plays out. (pg. 41 and 49 roundabouts)

Of course, only wicked has stayed on canaan, so canaan may have been converted the night after the kicksave vote, as well.
Another thing to think of is that there are a lot of people that haven't been voting at all...perhaps the alpha is getting these people and getting them to remain quiet while the same people that are voting all of the time just keep accusing one another?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

wow a ton of stuff was talked about last night. So it seems that Canaan JC and crayz are at the top of the salt list today?

It seems like the two that have been untouchable is JC and Canaan. I've often said Canaan isn't a slug. However, now the slugs have recruited all they can get, and as I recall. People were recruited last game after so many fought to say they'd never be recruited.

In that case.

salt cuervo
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

just woke up and did some reading. not sure about the crayz salt. just doesnt seem right. i could be on with a SS vote. like dagny said i totally forgot he was even playing. very sneaky. senka had mentioned a few people and the big two that I think are PFiDC and NPV. i really cant get off the PFiDC train right now lol. Dan Hs involvement earlier to the sudden drop off is very suspicious, even with the alibi, just sayin. i am still suspicious about errey. and dag the list you provided was very extensive, well done, and three names really jumped off the page: jwie, npv, and pipes. neo i am suspicious of too, but not as much.

i think my top three right now would be jwie, pfidc, and npv. jwie would probably be the highest because they have been pretty quiet and when i did point something out a few pages ago he immediately called me a slug :pop: very odd

also, i have been voted for once by mac but he retracted his vote. i think it was in the first or second vote? cant remember
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

salt me, and the village will be in even more trouble....

I'm kinda skeptical of the two latest votes trying to salt me. Doesn't seem much reasoning behind them other than just starting a bandwagon. Anyways, I've got classes and psych experiments all day, so I may be on around 2ish.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm pretty sure I gave a reason. You've been untouchable. Which now makes your a good candidate to get converted. However, with the starting statement. I'll reserve judgment for now and unsalt.

unsalt JC.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

mac5155 wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:I'm either with juice or salting juice... those are my two options, imo.
hey, i never noticed, you're at WashU? we did some work with them (im @ PSU) concerning anthropology and baboon skulls.. i was in IST (info sci & tech) and we had to write a bunch of enterprise integration stuff concerning what they were doing.
:pop:

gotta love baboon skulls
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Malkamaniac wrote:
I'm pretty sure I gave a reason. You've been untouchable. Which now makes your a good candidate to get converted. However, with the starting statement. I'll reserve judgment for now and unsalt.

unsalt JC.
I'm in the middle of every vote... I'd make a bad conversion. I'm sure I'll get assaulted at some point, but I want to get a slug first. Look for lower-profile players; they make good conversions.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

After thinking about it, i'm sticking with my top 3: canaan, JC, npv

salt canaan

I will stay with canaan....only time I swap will be for JC or npv if they jump to a vote lead.

we've watched a few quiet ones go down with no luck, now it's time for a higher profile vet imo.

:pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Either way, it's for serious that we need to hit a slug today. Personally at this point I'm for whoever has a vote lead because honestly, I'm out of theories. I've seen too many blue names go down the drain. :(
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I dont get why PFIDC has been let off the hook so easily? he's gone from veritable "omg hes a slug" to not even being mentioned. His posting style has gone from talk, talk, talk to sporadic posting ever since he was first suspected. seems strange to me. strange enough to salt pfidc.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I thought PFiDC was an RP. Or did we not find out who the sexta was last night?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Malkamaniac wrote:I thought PFiDC was an RP. Or did we not find out who the sexta was last night?
if he is, i didn't know it :oops:

i'll backpeddle until someone can confirm/deny that.

unsalt pdifc
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

canaan wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I thought PFiDC was an RP. Or did we not find out who the sexta was last night?

unsalt pdifc
I alluded that I may be the sexta. I'm not saying 100% that I am, just that I was target #1 and the bird tried to nom the protected player last night.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:
canaan wrote:

unsalt pdifc
I alluded that I may be the sexta. I'm not saying 100% that I am, just that I was target #1 and the bird tried to nom the protected player last night.
This adds more to the confusion. It would seem that you are the sexta, or you're a slug saying maybe you're the sexta to stay off the vote line. Or you're a regular villager just trying to avoid getting killed.

This was brought up a few days ago, but do we want to consider outing the sexta? Is there a downside to this, other than relying too much on one person too much for voting purposes.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

PensFanInDC wrote:

are you or aren't you? ive spent so much time trying to figure out if you're a slug that i think ive gotten a wicked case of tunnel vision towards you. if you don't want to tell me, that's understandable, but if you're just protecting yourself (if you're the sexta) which i hope you are, then why not just help me out a bit...your ambiguity is killing me. :scared:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

:scared: :lol: :scared: :lol: :scared: :lol:
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

fair enough. i don't think you would be a slug and be this coy about it so im officially ending my pfidc slughunt.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

If your playing this game, with the are you or aren't you.

salt PFiDC.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

seriously, if your the sexta, just say it. You can protect yourself every night right?