NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:
MWB wrote:So we've got the following theories out there:

kill the skilled players
kill the quiet players
kill the players that cause confusion

I voted for pfidc and thinking about it more I'm still thinking that's good. He and shafnutz throw a lot out there it seems. This can get confusing and cause the village to run crazy. Is this good for the village or bad?
Better than everyone following one theory like zombies and bandwagon voting every time. I make people THINK...which seems to be lacking in this game a lot up until today
I agree, it does make people think. My question was serious at the end. I'm just not sure if it's good to be thinking about 20 different theories and going back and forth several times when there isn't much behind each theory. Or maybe it is.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

heres the truth -- no one knows anything, and we are basing our suspicions on randomness. We all have no idea other identities other than slugs so saying "what evidence do you have" shows nothing from person to person. its too early in the game that people wouldve made mistakes and we are all just in it picking names out of a hat. we can argue all day. in fact of the 8 people accused, statistically all of them are villagers as far as im concerned. so we just need to go with something, since we are all basing our own opinions on who we think it is.. simply because of them not being here, or being here too much... its just an excuse to back up a random vote. Yes. my vote is random. i have no basis, and if yu claim you have some, you are lying.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

dagny wrote:Caught up! I will now be typing up my post.

I have a question, though.

IrishEyes ARE YOU A SLUG? Alpha or otherwise, I'm putting the question to you.
You know, I'm almost getting tired of this question. I'll tell you flat out that no, I'm not a slug. And I know people will be all like, "IE doesn't usually lie." Eventually, I am going to end up being a slug (or wolf) in a game, and I'll you right now, I WILL lie.

:scared: But I'm not now.

Take it FWIW, dags. :D
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

IrishEyes wrote:

You know, I'm almost getting tired of this question. I'll tell you flat out that no, I'm not a slug. And I know people will be all like, "IE doesn't usually lie." Eventually, I am going to end up being a slug (or wolf) in a game, and I'll you right now, I WILL lie.

I think we have two lady slugs trying to pull fast one on us.... :scared:
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

IrishEyes wrote:

I was going to ask this as well but I didnt want you to yell at me :scared:

you were a wolf before and said you wouldnt lie so now you are lieing about lieing or am I lieing about you lieing? :scared:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

sdm5055 wrote:I was going to ask this as well but I didnt want you to yell at me :scared:

you were a wolf before and said you wouldnt lie so now you are lieing about lieing or am I lieing about you lieing? :scared:
:lol:
What I'm saying is that I haven't ever lied in the past, and I'm not lying now. But that doesn't mean in the future I won't.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

First, what I've been waiting for until substantive evidence of someone else comes to light: salt JC.

Shafty, your noobness is shining through in thinking I'm a veteran player. I didn't start playing these games til about vi or vii, and I always got killed early. I believe I only lasted to the end of one game, and that's cuz I was the Angel.

Just because I'm a veteran poster, does not make me a veteran player. However, for all your clamoring and flipping, you are definitely on my radar as either a slug or a RP. I am interested in this Kicksave theory. I had forgetten about him, but I do know when he's around, cuz he's usually in the chat.

The following is all based on instinct, take it fwiw:

The Juice subject: After reading a bit, I agree that it would be too obvious for the Slugs to recruit Juice. That doesn't mean they didn't. They could go with reverse psychology, expecting us to see it as too obvious (same for canaan), or just be dumb. I believe Juice may be a RP, though.

My instincts also tell me that we need to be wary of the Slugs playing one against the other, as villagers, in the thread. I have strong feeling that the slugs are employing the strategy, during the day, of going after each other, so they're not obvious.

IE always tells the truth, so I did put the question to her, for today.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

IrishEyes wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:I was going to ask this as well but I didnt want you to yell at me :scared:

:lol:
What I'm saying is that I haven't ever lied in the past, and I'm not lying now. But that doesn't mean in the future I won't.
I fail at spelling lying
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

10 minutes and no posts :scared:
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

IrishEyes wrote:

So, what you're saying is, the notion that's carried through as many games as I've played, that you won't lie, should now be tossed out the window.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Troy Loney wrote:10 minutes and no posts :scared:
I think I hit a wall........................ now I will just sit and watch what happens :pop:
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

dagny wrote:So, what you're saying is, the notion that's carried through as many games as I've played, that you won't lie, should now be tossed out the window.
It can be carried through until tomorrow. :D All I'm saying is that the one game in the future where I do actually end up being a slug/wolf, and someone asks me if I'm one of them, if I skirt around the question, I'm dead. It's cool to be known as the one that doesn't lie, but some game, it's going to get me lynched or salted.

I haven't been a role player in several games. It's getting kinda boring.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

So, what you're saying is, the notion that's carried through as many games as I've played, that you won't lie, should now be tossed out the window.
She probably wont be lying unless she's a slug...in which case she would be lying....right?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Lynch slug wars.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

So now that everyone has thrown a theory out and it's gotten us nowhere can we just lynch zaro pls
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

And, just for effect, this is what shafty saw when he logged in.... if he'd scrolled up he would've seen more talk that he probably wouldn't understand because nobody understand what the heck me and idoit are saying when we're talking about Bloodlines... haha!

THIS is the "incriminating" evidence shafty applied to his "logic":

Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

unsalt mwb

salt zarovich

I'm done w/canaan for the time being....don't think its going to happen...but i really do think that its too obvious for alpha to recruit the inactives while killing the profile guys.

I'm really leaning towards the active players in the middle right now though....actually i have no idea...lets just kill someone and cross our fingers.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

am i and pfidc getting worked by shaft?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

btw....i didnt see juice's post before i made mine...not that it matters or anything..
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

dagny wrote:THIS is the "incriminating" evidence shafty applied to his "logic":
dagny, I saw what you were talking about up there. I didn't find it odd that you had been in the chat for a half hour. I just thought it was an odd coincidence that you were talking about bloodlines, and 90 seconds after MWB asked where you have been in the Slug Wars thread you are suddenly interested and chatting about that. It's not the substance, it's the timing. Makes me think you were laying back watching what was going on, and had to cover your tracks :pop:
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

canaan wrote:am i and pfidc getting worked by shaft?
huh? I actually am one of the few that isn't suspicious of either of you.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Juice wrote:So now that everyone has thrown a theory out and it's gotten us nowhere can we just lynch zaro pls
Or we could just lynch you. :pop:

Think of it this way, Juice. If the entire village blindly follows you and gets rid of Zaro, then the slugs know the village trusts you, and recruits you.

If you're not already the alpha.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Troy Loney wrote:but i really do think that its too obvious for alpha to recruit the inactives while killing the profile guys.
Can you explain this a little more please?
I contend that it is 2nd/3rd level thinking on the alphas part to recruit inactives while killing high profile players. You're saying it's the simple strategy?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Are you guys waiting on anything? I've been completely unavailable since last night and have almost 20 PMs to go through.

bhaw been takin' care of Yinz?