*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by crayz »

Malkamaniac wrote:realistically, I'm looking for Canaan to see if he survives past this round. If they continue to nom, or recruit. He'd be the next one to go as far as being a veteran.
exactly...based on previous nom's, he is in line. so we either salt him now or he gets nom'd later...
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

well if he doesn't get nomed, and they convert, I'd look at him next in line. He's vital, and a good ally to anyone really. Right now, I think the best is to go for the quiet ones, and Zarovich seems rather safe pick. I don't think anything's been said in a long time.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:IE, crayz, loney, for the recent canaan push. i could get behind this, i'm leaning less towards PFIDC and Juice and further towards other veteran players like canaan dagny or JC, but i'm not sure if i'm entirely sold just yet.
Where is dagny today.... has she posted at all yet? She was pretty active yesterday.
West Coast, remember? 3 hrs time diff.

I'm trying to get caught up. I'm obviously to this point. There were 11 pages since I last checked, last night.... and the damned thing keeps growing!

I WANT TO VOTE... I'm almost there! :lol:

I have theories, I just don't want to post them til I finish reading everything.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Going to work out, be back in about an hour and change. Here's to hoping we have a choice within the next...2 hours?

Current votes:

canaan 6
PFIDC 4
shafnutz 3
dagny 2
IrishEyes 1
jose cuervo 1
Juice 1
zarovich 1
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:well if he doesn't get nomed, and they convert, I'd look at him next in line. He's vital, and a good ally to anyone really. Right now, I think the best is to go for the quiet ones, and Zarovich seems rather safe pick. I don't think anything's been said in a long time.

Zarovich is like the perennial "inactive" or "quiet" player....i wouldn't want to recruit him because at some point someone (juice today) is going to say. "we need to kill the quiet players"....and everyone is just going to be like "is zarovich even playing"...and then lynch him...and he always seems to be a regular.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:well if he doesn't get nomed, and they convert, I'd look at him next in line. He's vital, and a good ally to anyone really. Right now, I think the best is to go for the quiet ones, and Zarovich seems rather safe pick. I don't think anything's been said in a long time.

Zarovich is like the perennial "inactive" or "quiet" player....i wouldn't want to recruit him because at some point someone (juice today) is going to say. "we need to kill the quiet players"....and everyone is just going to be like "is zarovich even playing"...and then lynch him...and he always seems to be a regular.

lol Oh, I guess thats a good idea. May be a regular, but I'd like to get some input from these players!
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Troy Loney wrote:Zarovich is like the perennial "inactive" or "quiet" player....i wouldn't want to recruit him because at some point someone (juice today) is going to say. "we need to kill the quiet players"....and everyone is just going to be like "is zarovich even playing"...and then lynch him...and he always seems to be a regular.
I always want to kill the quiet ones, they are the dangerous ones.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

i've said it before, i'll say it again:

salt dagny

her and kicksave are slugarooskis
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shafnutz05 wrote:
MWB wrote:Where is dagny today.... has she posted at all yet? She was pretty active yesterday.
She has been in the chat for the last half hour or so...she said she just "checked" the Slug Wars thread for the first time since last night...

As a matter of fact, she made that comment in the chat two minutes after you asked where she has been all day.

That's kind of a weird coincidence...to say the least
Really?

Talk about flawed logic.... I am ALWAYS in the chat. I just got to MWB's post when I replied to it, and I just got to yours, now. If you scrolled up in the chat, you'd see I was talking to Idoit about Bloodlines and playing that. Getting my stats down to where I had to wait for them to fill, so I could come over here and start reading the thread.

I didn't expect it to be so damned long... and now I'm wasting time replying to you.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

i'm thinking of unsalting canaan and salting PFIDC so as to even up that score, we're pretty torn as a garden between the two right? i'm leaving for the day shortly, would this move buy the garden any more time to re-evaluate?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

dagny wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:
MWB wrote:Where is dagny today.... has she posted at all yet? She was pretty active yesterday.
She has been in the chat for the last half hour or so...she said she just "checked" the Slug Wars thread for the first time since last night...

As a matter of fact, she made that comment in the chat two minutes after you asked where she has been all day.

That's kind of a weird coincidence...to say the least
Really?

Talk about flawed logic.... I am ALWAYS in the chat. I just got to MWB's post when I replied to it, and I just got to yours, now. If you scrolled up in the chat, you'd see I was talking to Idoit about Bloodlines and playing that. Getting my stats down to where I had to wait for them to fill, so I could come over here and start reading the thread.

I didn't expect it to be so damned long... and now I'm wasting time replying to you.
:pop:
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

thank god you guys are keeping track. If you asked me to count at this point I'd just say "F it" and randomize who gets salted :D
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

dagny wrote:I didn't expect it to be so damned long... and now I'm wasting time replying to you.
:cry:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Well...i think atleast one wolf has had to have recieved a vote this round.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:thank god you guys are keeping track. If you asked me to count at this point I'd just say "F it" and randomize who gets salted :D
worst mod ever....
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

:face:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:Well...i think atleast one wolf has had to have recieved a vote this round.
Any slugs though?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

bhaw wrote:thank god you guys are keeping track. If you asked me to count at this point I'd just say "F it" and randomize who gets salted :D
yea... I'm like 20 pages behind at this point. And about to have class.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:
worst mod ever....
Wait, did I see 14 votes for TL? :scared:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

bhaw wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
worst mod ever....
Wait, did I see 14 votes for TL? :scared:
I did. :pop:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:Well...i think atleast one wolf has had to have recieved a vote this round.
Any slugs though?
unsalt canaan

salt MWB

Thats what i think about that...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

So we've got the following theories out there:

kill the skilled players
kill the quiet players
kill the players that cause confusion

I voted for pfidc and thinking about it more I'm still thinking that's good. He and shafnutz throw a lot out there it seems. This can get confusing and cause the village to run crazy. Is this good for the village or bad?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

Caught up! I will now be typing up my post.

I have a question, though.

IrishEyes ARE YOU A SLUG? Alpha or otherwise, I'm putting the question to you.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
MWB wrote:
Any slugs though?
unsalt canaan

salt MWB

Thats what i think about that...
Knew I shouldn't have said anything.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB wrote:So we've got the following theories out there:

kill the skilled players
kill the quiet players
kill the players that cause confusion

I voted for pfidc and thinking about it more I'm still thinking that's good. He and shafnutz throw a lot out there it seems. This can get confusing and cause the village to run crazy. Is this good for the village or bad?
Better than everyone following one theory like zombies and bandwagon voting every time. I make people THINK...which seems to be lacking in this game a lot up until today