*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by Malkamaniac »

MWB wrote:I think I agree that the angel should come out. Reward is much greater than any risk that I can see. It provides a solid, trustworthy villager. However, we all must realize that if the angel comes out it doesn't mean that every vote they make is the right vote.... we don't want to rely too much on that one opinion, but at least we'll know it's not a misleading opinion.

This is one thing I fear, it happened last game, even after I and others went nuts, people followed what they had to say as godspeak. I hope that doesn't happen again.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

canaan wrote:i dont really see shafnutz as a wolf at this point. im really confused by why people are voting for him...can someone explain?
I agree. The alpha is either a vet and someone who is around a lot or the alpha is using this person as a recruit, and smart enough to pick strong recruits and nom key people.

my updated list of potentials: canaan, dangy, juice, npv, pfidc

unsalt neophool (for now...but no more slug love!)

Gotta think about it a little more before choosing...but currently leaning towards pfidc
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Also, if they go after the vig both the Alpha and the Vig die right?
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

no idea who to throw industrial salt on. also, for some reason, i'm less scared of slugs then werewolves. so i'm not panicking just yet.

gonna go to the bank, eat a panini, and NOT drink a beer. be back in a bit
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

wow you posted like 2 minutes after someone mentioned your name NEO. Why not post earlier? If you did I missed it
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Whoops Edit: nevermind, you posted doh :(
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I second MWB's opinion...so here is my final analysis:

-I switched from Juice to wicked child...now I am even more confident that Juice is not ANY Kind of slug, because he is smart enough to realize outing the angel would not be beneficial to them

-Kicksave supported the theory that Juice was the wolf; after I switched my vote to wicked child, he soonafter joined the bandwagon to salt me. Now I am starting to think, being pretty confident that Juice is NOT a slug, that kicksave initially wanted us to go ahead and lynch a smart villager. When I jumped ship to wicked child, he immediately voted to salt me.

Here is a plausible theory:

-Kicksave is the alpha...even if wicked child is a slug that he recruited, he could throw some token support towards that theory to make himself look even less suspect when wicked child is eventually salted

-After I really started to push the wicked child theory, that's when Kicksave went from Juice to me. Maybe he was worried that i was onto something? Who knows...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

shafnutz05 wrote:I second MWB's opinion...so here is my final analysis:

-I switched from Juice to wicked child...now I am even more confident that Juice is not ANY Kind of slug, because he is smart enough to realize outing the angel would not be beneficial to them

-Kicksave supported the theory that Juice was the wolf; after I switched my vote to wicked child, he soonafter joined the bandwagon to salt me. Now I am starting to think, being pretty confident that Juice is NOT a slug, that kicksave initially wanted us to go ahead and lynch a smart villager. When I jumped ship to wicked child, he immediately voted to salt me.

Here is a plausible theory:

-Kicksave is the alpha...even if wicked child is a slug that he recruited, he could throw some token support towards that theory to make himself look even less suspect when wicked child is eventually salted

-After I really started to push the wicked child theory, that's when Kicksave went from Juice to me. Maybe he was worried that i was onto something? Who knows...

My head is spinning! :(
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

SolidSnake wrote:My head is spinning! :(
haha..I will make it simple:

Kicksave = probable Alpha
wicked child/zarovich = possible slugs

I really am not sold on the PFIDC theory.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

Malkamaniac wrote:Also, if they go after the vig both the Alpha and the Vig die right?

no.. see my post on the last page.

I believe the rules have been changed back to the original rules that the vig can be nomed just like anyone else

and if he is recruited they just get told he is a role player

unless this rule was changed back again
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

My head is spinning! :(
Sadly mine is too. Kicksave any thoughts?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

sdm5055 wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:Also, if they go after the vig both the Alpha and the Vig die right?

I believe the rules have been changed back to the original rules that the vig can be nomed just like anyone else

well whatever, their chances of NOMing the vig are no better than NOMing anyone else, so I don't really see the need to protect the vig. Like you said, the vig doesn't know better than any of us anyhow
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

parting thought before i stuff my face, i'd bet the farm that the alpha is a vet, and the recruits are vets as well. they slugged beerman, and he is a strong player. they got incrible lucky that he was the gardener i guess, but they wanted to take him out regardless. if the slugs have strong players, the best option is to eat our strong players, and decrease our overall strength. obvious, yeah, but easily forgetable when the accusations and slug slime start flying.

you don't take out Craig Adams knees, you take out Sidney Crosby's.

probably beens tated before, so sorry but i support this theory.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

shafnutz05 wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:

well whatever, their chances of NOMing the vig are no better than NOMing anyone else, so I don't really see the need to protect the vig. Like you said, the vig doesn't know better than any of us anyhow
agreed. I was just pointing out that the vig can die so the vig doesnt come out thinking they are invincible
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

salt canaan

Don't let it go to your head, but you're definitely smart enough to nom NAN and beerman right off the bat. :D
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

Malkamaniac wrote:Whoops Edit: nevermind, you posted doh :(
:scared:

didn't you get all suspicious of me last game too lol? :D trust me, i'm a villiger, just like last game. i'm just going to be alittle more contributive this game.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

unsalt shafnutz
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

i'm going to be heading out in about an hour
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

IrishEyes wrote:salt canaan

Don't let it go to your head, but you're definitely smart enough to nom NAN and beerman right off the bat. :D
i'm going to have to agree with you...I was leaning towards PFIDC, but, Canaan has been the one really pushing him and trying to lay out strategies. I think it's a false front...If not, all we are doing is salting him before he gets nom'd in the next night or two anyways probably (being a vet...).

salt canaan, final answer.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Well, being that I wasn't here for the first 15 pages of the game and it all progressed without me, I'm not the slug. It's obvious that shafnutz05 is going after me because I brought him up.

I haven't made any real moves so far this game, this was my first real gut feeling and I went with it after shafnutz05 threw out several different theories and acted strangely. Now he has ANOTHER theory that I'm the alpha after I called him out.

I will just say this. Going after me would be a waste of time.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

neophool wrote:

didn't you get all suspicious of me last game too lol? :D trust me, i'm a villiger, just like last game. i'm just going to be alittle more contributive this game.
I've been weary of you for some reason. I think it's your name to be honest. For some reason all I think is NEO from the Matrix, and I have flashbacks of how garbage the second and third were. So obviously, I just blame you. :(
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

crayz wrote:
canaan wrote:i dont really see shafnutz as a wolf at this point. im really confused by why people are voting for him...can someone explain?
I agree. The alpha is either a vet and someone who is around a lot or the alpha is using this person as a recruit, and smart enough to pick strong recruits and nom key people.

my updated list of potentials: canaan, dangy, juice, npv, pfidc
First you agree with what he's saying, then decide it was time to move him to the top of your salt list?
wat?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Wasn't shafnutz the one who went back and forth with someone last game also? He seems to be in the middle of a lot. Not sure if that's really slug-like behavior.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

Malkamaniac wrote:
neophool wrote:

I've been weary of you for some reason. I think it's your name to be honest. For some reason all I think is NEO from the Matrix, and I have flashbacks of how garbage the second and third were. So obviously, I just blame you. :(
LOL fair enough.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

So what's the updated vote total?