*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by the wicked child »

Wow. Just caught up after a crazy morning at work.

I have no idea who to vote for yet.

If being busy at work gets me salted oh well.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I've tried to catch up the best I could, seems as if Jooce is asking someone to out themselves when they don't necessarily need to? I'm confused however, so take my thought with a grain of salt(ZING!)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

salt shafnutz05
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Well the angel didn't take juices bait, or they haven't logged on yet. I don't think it's a god idea for them to come out yet.. Make the wolves waste a nom on him/her
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

This is my issue here. If most of us agree that the alpha is "most likely" a veteran - basing that on the noming of NAN and beerman - then why are people still going after noobs? I took away my salt vote for juice, but I'm still voting for a veteran... I just don't know which one, yet.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

jaysmiter wrote:Anyway...it makes sense. It gives the village someone to gather around.
This is why I suggested the sexta coming out.
It's a little bit of a give and take. You lose a night that the slugs could "possibly" try and eat the sexta, but you gain the one thing that we don't have right now, which is someone we can absolutely trust. IMO, someone that everyone knows they can trust for the duration of the game, is much more important than gaining 1 night and having nobody to trust and no definitive direction.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

I'm not opposed to switching for a veteran, but as it stands now shafnutz is sure acting strangely to me.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Juice wrote:It's a little bit of a give and take. You lose a night that the slugs could "possibly" try and eat the sexta, but you gain the one thing that we don't have right now, which is someone we can absolutely trust. IMO, someone that everyone knows they can trust for the duration of the game, is much more important than gaining 1 night and having nobody to trust and no definitive direction.
My only problem with this is that just because we can trust someone, doesn't mean it will really help. We knew that MikenIke wasn't a wolf last game, but he still shot seven villagers and didn't kill a single wolf. Being trusted doesn't necessarily make you a good voice of reason.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I dont see why the sexta angel should come out because yes we can trust them but they know just as much as the rest of the village so what good is it really?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Oh, and when I was an alpha and had kovy with me, he might as well have been the alpha. What I'm saying is, the alpha could be a rook and jus doing what a vet recruit tells him
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

shafnutz05 wrote:My only problem with this is that just because we can trust someone, doesn't mean it will really help. We knew that MikenIke wasn't a wolf last game, but he still shot seven villagers and didn't kill a single wolf. Being trusted doesn't necessarily make you a good voice of reason.
So having someone you KNOW is not a slug trying to deceive the village for THE REST OF THE GAME, isn't worth 1 measly night? There is a very real possibility that the 1 person that is the sexta won't even be an attempted recruit/nom, and we waste a bunch of time with nobody to trust :scared: :scared: :scared:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Juice wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:My only problem with this is that just because we can trust someone, doesn't mean it will really help. We knew that MikenIke wasn't a wolf last game, but he still shot seven villagers and didn't kill a single wolf. Being trusted doesn't necessarily make you a good voice of reason.
So having someone you KNOW is not a slug trying to deceive the village for THE REST OF THE GAME, isn't worth 1 measly night? There is a very real possibility that the 1 person that is the sexta won't even be an attempted recruit/nom, and we waste a bunch of time with nobody to trust :scared: :scared: :scared:
Unless they are top vote for being salted they shouldn't come out IMO....

But, in the end the sexta should decide what they feel is the best move for the village. Whether its to eat a nom or -1 from the possible slug list...
Last edited by crayz on Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

mac5155 wrote:Oh, and when I was an alpha and had kovy with me, he might as well have been the alpha. What I'm saying is, the alpha could be a rook and jus doing what a vet recruit tells him
That's true, but if we get that vet recruit, then it gives more of a chance for the alpha to make a mistake. Sure, they could recruit another vet, but it helps.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

well first off unsalt crayz

thats not going anywhere.

second...the angel should just out themselves now for two reasons.

1. The angel's best for protecting the seer while they are able to spy and tell everyone if they find something.
2. The vig might just shoot the angel anyway and out them that way. That gives teh village and the vig one less person to consider going after as a slug.

angel - secta...vig - bird....seer - gardner...whatever, you know what i mean.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Update:

(blank vote) 12
shafnutz 4
PFIDC 3
neophool 1
crayz 1
IrishEyes 1
jose cuervo 1
Dan H 1
wicked child 1
Juice 1
Litt 1
Grand Total 27
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

shafnutz05 wrote:Malks: neo hasn't really posted anything substantive...he joined the bandwagon for both MikenIke and cupkeeper. Other than that, he will post an emote here and there or something about drinking. Enough to stay under the radar but not TOO far I guess. Meh....not much to go on.
this is outlandish. i do not driunk!!!!
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

That's a great point...and Juice now I am seeing what you are saying. The only point of an angel is to protect the seer. Now that the seer is dead, what good is the angel? Sorry I did not really understand what you were saying before. It's not like the wolves can kill the vig anyway. The angel might as well just out themselves and then just self-protect the rest of the game.

Again Juice, sorry...my brain is not working too well today.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

i dont really see shafnutz as a wolf at this point. im really confused by why people are voting for him...can someone explain?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:well first off unsalt crayz

thats not going anywhere.

second...the angel should just out themselves now for two reasons.

1. The angel's best for protecting the seer while they are able to spy and tell everyone if they find something.
2. The vig might just shoot the angel anyway and out them that way. That gives teh village and the vig one less person to consider going after as a slug.

angel - secta...vig - bird....seer - gardner...whatever, you know what i mean.

Very true, but considering the gardener is dead, is it really worth it out ones self? At this point the wolves have to get a possible 2 out of 24 or whatever left. That's a pretty high fail rate to out either one of them now IMO. But were not talking about outing, we need to be talking about salting now.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

IrishEyes wrote:
mac5155 wrote:Oh, and when I was an alpha and had kovy with me, he might as well have been the alpha. What I'm saying is, the alpha could be a rook and jus doing what a vet recruit tells him
That's true, but if we get that vet recruit, then it gives more of a chance for the alpha to make a mistake. Sure, they could recruit another vet, but it helps.
good point.......
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

gotta get used to saying slug instead of wolves.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

im heading to class but im sure ill be checking in via mobile.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think I agree that the angel should come out. Reward is much greater than any risk that I can see. It provides a solid, trustworthy villager. However, we all must realize that if the angel comes out it doesn't mean that every vote they make is the right vote.... we don't want to rely too much on that one opinion, but at least we'll know it's not a misleading opinion.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

canaan wrote:i dont really see shafnutz as a wolf at this point. im really confused by why people are voting for him...can someone explain?
i had some suspicion over some quotes a few pages back, that i thought were strange, then shafnutz and jaysmiter got into it a little bit.

the bulk about it was reasoning that quiet players are salt targets.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

shafnutz05 wrote:That's a great point...and Juice now I am seeing what you are saying. The only point of an angel is to protect the seer. Now that the seer is dead, what good is the angel? Sorry I did not really understand what you were saying before. It's not like the wolves can kill the vig anyway. The angel might as well just out themselves and then just self-protect the rest of the game.

Again Juice, sorry...my brain is not working too well today.

I believe they can kill the vig this game but that is irrelevant really the vig isnt normally a huge help

thats what I was saying when i backed juice up. it isnt neccasarily that we need to follow the angel (or whatever they are called) it is the fact that we have one person that we know we dont have to worry about being a slug..

the one night the slugs waste on the angel (if they would go after them) doesnt matter if we dont get the alpha.

we can eliminate one person from the debate... that doesnt mean you need to follow what they say