*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by PensFanInDC »

Just in case some of you dont know...

If I am a slug, be it Alpha or Beta, as of right now, I will wear a Hartnell Jersey for the entire 2009-2010 season.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

DanH, you're right in that instance, I was just joshing of course, but I do agree.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Dan H wrote:
Pipes Hochuli wrote:PFIDC, that Hartnell jersey offer still on the table?
Can I humbly beg folks avoid the sorts of plays in which real-life, outside-the-game things are used as collateral against in-game roles? I think that kind of thing hurts the game in the same way that flipping over your role card wrecks the tabletop version. After all, if we got everyone to lay down $1000 guaranteeing he's not a slug, only the slugs would balk at it... and the game would be no fun.

Dude, rly?... unsalt IE, Salt DanH.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

PensFanInDC wrote:Just in case some of you dont know...

If I am a slug, be it Alpha or Beta, as of right now, I will wear a Hartnell Jersey for the entire 2009-2010 season.
You know, it would really suck if you got converted tonight, and then someone asked you tomorrow if the bet still held. :D
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

just because i did it all last game :P
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

IrishEyes wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Just in case some of you dont know...

You know, it would really suck if you got converted tonight, and then someone asked you tomorrow if the bet still held. :D
We will cross that bridge if needed

:scared: :D
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

honestly My time is limited in this game being a "vet" if you really call us that. lol and im just chillin cause i know none of us are getting recruited and are slowly all getting killed off.
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

you know none of the vets are recruited?
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

jaysmiter wrote:Use this logic: If the village thinks that Juice is a good player and would probably get recruited, they salt him. Why would the slugs want to recruit someone that would probably get salted?
A bunch is said here, let's look at this post a little deeper shall we...
The village seems to be decided on a couple of things:

1. I'm a slug.
2. I'm not the alpha slug.
3. The alpha slug is killing off veteran villagers.

Here's the problem. The alpha slug must be a veteran itself if it knows to kill off the veterans, amirite? So by that thought, the alpha would also be smart enough not to recruit me, knowing there is a limit on recruits, and it's safely assumed that I would be salted pretty early.
The way you guys are thinking, things are not adding up.

My theory that we should salt the quiet ones because they are getting recruited should not be thrown away "just cause we don't want to kill nubs". My thought is that the slugs are recruiting low profile, killing high profile to try and get the village to go the way it's going. I'm still sticking with crayz.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Made a quick stop to see what the votes were doing.

Sees as if I'm suspect #1 at the moment.

As I will be off for a while I leave you asking to change your vote. I am not a slug and it seems that a lot of people jumped on Canaan's vote, which by the way was determined via coin flip.

Salt whom you like, but I am no slug.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Admin wrote:Slug Wars
Hey you! Get out of here!
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Wow, I was able to catch up at work today :thumb:.

Juice makes the most sense out of all the theories right now. I'm not sold on crayz, though. I did like the idea about the wicked child.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Juice wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:Use this logic: If the village thinks that Juice is a good player and would probably get recruited, they salt him. Why would the slugs want to recruit someone that would probably get salted?

1. I'm a slug.

Here's the problem. The alpha slug must be a veteran itself if it knows to kill off the veterans, amirite? So by that thought, the alpha would also be smart enough not to recruit me, knowing there is a limit on recruits, and it's safely assumed that I would be salted pretty early.

My theory that we should salt the quiet ones because they are getting recruited should not be thrown away "just cause we don't want to kill nubs". My thought is that the slugs are recruiting low profile, killing high profile to try and get the village to go the way it's going. I'm still sticking with crayz.
What about double reverse psychology..?

Meh....i think your probably right though.

unsalt pfidc

salt crayz
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

PensFanInDC wrote:Made a quick stop to see what the votes were doing.

Sees as if I'm suspect #1 at the moment.

As I will be off for a while I leave you asking to change your vote. I am not a slug and it seems that a lot of people jumped on Canaan's vote, which by the way was determined via coin flip.

Salt whom you like, but I am no slug.
the coin flip wasnt as literal as you want it to be. you and juice are playing a similar game, imo. voting you this round makes a ton of sense to me because of your "change in tactics" but your commitment to a previous games' hartnell guarantee only confuses me more. this isn't to say that im 100% convinced you are a slug, but a lot of little things arent adding up to me.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Believe it or not, I think I am going to change my vote from Juice. The more I think about it, the weirder wicked child's posting seems. Like I said, he was here all morning (before and after the writeup, after I called him out) yet did not make one post. A noob alpha is going to be much more likely to try and stay way under the radar then risk being an active participant and getting accused. He was the only poster that was in the forum today who has not posted. I think I need to wait another round before I can realistically take out Juice. Best case scenario, my theory about wicked is right. Worst case, we lose a non-contributor.

unlynch Juice
lynch wicked child
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Im FLipFLoppiN. Cause I Can.

Unsalt DanH. Salt Juice.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

meh, I meant salt...that is a tough habit to break
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

PS: Id put money on the fact the slugs are laughing at us, cause we are currently like 0-4 on these saltings, and they really dont care who we salt today. lol
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Senka wrote:PS: Id put money on the fact the slugs are laughing at us, cause we are currently like 0-4 on these saltings, and they really dont care who we salt today. lol

which is why it would be lovely to dry one up today. Show em we mean business.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i still think juice is trying to mind **** us
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Juice wrote:A bunch is said here, let's look at this post a little deeper shall we...

1. I'm a slug.

It's a catch-22, if you think about it. Because either you are or you aren't. Using your theory, if the alpha is smart enough not to recruit you, then why didn't he/she just nom you? If the village (garden?) wastes a vote to salt you, then neither the slugs nor the village is any better off. And I personally never said you couldn't be the alpha. I think you very easily could be. But then again, Senka thinks I could be, too. :scared:
Pipes Hochuli
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pipes Hochuli »

shafnutz05 wrote:He was the only poster that was in the forum today who has not posted. I think I need to wait another round before I can realistically take out Juice. Best case scenario, my theory about wicked is right. Worst case, we lose a non-contributor.
Zarovich?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

bhaw wrote:
Admin wrote:Slug Wars
Hey you! Get out of here!
I'm salty my suggestion to use the term "Lil Sluggers" in Slug Wars was not used. Slug Wars!
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Pipes Hochuli wrote:Zarovich?
Wow.........I thought of him briefly then forgot he was even playing. He is ANOTHER player that was around this morning but didn't comment on anything...as a matter of fact, he has not made one post the entire time. I am maintaining my vote for wicked child, but Zarovich is now just as prime a suspect as wicked. Good call.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Juice wrote:

1. I'm a slug.

Quick question for you Juice...

Was it some kind of Freudian slip when one of your bullet points about my post consisted of NOTHING that was in my post? I am, of course, referring to point three. At no point in my statement did I make mention of the alpha slug killing off veteran villagers...

Now, I'm not sure if you were just using my theory as a jumping point into discussing the overall feelings of the village, errr...garden. But, I certainly made no mention of targeting veteran villagers in my statement....