***OFFICIAL WWX GAMEPLAY THREAD***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: ***OFFICIAL WWX GAMEPLAY THREAD***

Post by shafnutz05 »

canaan wrote: which was awesome way off

haha I will be honest, towards the very end of this game I was CONVINCED I was right....oh well
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

bhaw wrote: I can't believe Senka could have ended the game and voted for npv instead of sdm. :face:
I was shocked when I saw that this morning. I was reading through, and was like "1 more vote and it's over". And I saw Senka's vote and when he voted for npv, I was shocked. I thought I was going to read further and see people switching again, but luckily it didn't happen.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

canaan wrote:shaf...what page did you say that? the closest thing i saw from you was this:
Canaan, look a little below that quote I cited...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

shafnutz05 wrote:
canaan wrote:shaf...what page did you say that? the closest thing i saw from you was this:
Canaan, look a little below that quote I cited...
i totally misinterpreted what you meant. many apologies.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote:
bhaw wrote: I can't believe Senka could have ended the game and voted for npv instead of sdm. :face:
I was shocked when I saw that this morning. I was reading through, and was like "1 more vote and it's over". And I saw Senka's vote and when he voted for npv, I was shocked. I thought I was going to read further and see people switching again, but luckily it didn't happen.
What was shocking to me was that after beerman voted for sdm none of the regulars changed away from him.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

MWB wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
What was shocking to me was that after beerman voted for sdm none of the regulars changed away from him.
what was more shocking than that is you saying that you felt the people voting for sdm were the wolves, then you voted for someone completely different.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

If everyone was so sure beerman was a wolf, they should have voted for him last round to get him out and prolong the game.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

[quote=]"canaan" i totally misinterpreted what you meant. many apologies.[/quote]

And none necessary :)
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

beerman wrote: what was more shocking than that is you saying that you felt the people voting for sdm were the wolves, then you voted for someone completely different.
Yeah, that was pretty stupid. I just wasn't really sure about who to vote for and then convinced myself that npv was the alpha since I was suspicious of him earlier in the game. That combined with his early voting swayed me I guess.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I definitely saw a tendency in this game for the newbs (myself included) to take the word of the veterans as gospel. This certainly worked out to beerman's advantage (but not to NAN's)
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

J-whee was on my radar, but beneath PFIDC and Bhaw. PFIDC had about the same type of voting pattern as Jw, but did the I'm-a-wolf-popcorn-man thing, too.

I had Bhaw and Senka pegged as likely regular wolves. In my little note before being led to the gallows, I was going to call them out by name, but erased that bit before posting and replaced it with a vague statement about looking at people who were calling me out for posting all the vote records. I didn't think either was the alpha, and didn't want to distract everyone from the alpha hunt. When sdm got his irrevocable 7th vote, I went into the chat room and told Bhaw, "Hey, sdm just got his lynch votes. You can come out and eat everyone now." He later told me he thought we overfocused on the alpha. Maybe I should have said something.

Two funny stories I couldn't share at the time:

The night that Jose outed himself, then retracted it, I was lying in bed thinking about Werewolf instead of sleeping. I came up with some theory that Jose might really be the vigilante, who perceived that the seer had gone to an inexperienced player, and was trying to publicly provide some guidance and also some cover. When this totally-wrong theory occurred to me, I said out loud, "Jose is the vigilante!" My wife woke up and asked "Whaaat?"

When I was first getting some lynch votes and was trying to gently defend myself, I looked up just after posting and saw I had a private message. This is, like, the second PM anyone had ever sent me in four years. My first thought, even though it was the middle of the WW day, was that I had been recruited by the wolves, and hadn't seen the PM until just then. But, alas, it was Corvidae asking me about physics. I wanted to share my heart jumping into my throat in my reply, but I didn't think non-wolves should be PMing anything game-related.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:If everyone was so sure beerman was a wolf, they should have voted for him last round to get him out and prolong the game.
I thought about making that argument, but then you guys could've recruited again and we'd probably end up with the same result. Better than what did actually happen though.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

MWB wrote:
beerman wrote: what was more shocking than that is you saying that you felt the people voting for sdm were the wolves, then you voted for someone completely different.
Yeah, that was pretty stupid. I just wasn't really sure about who to vote for and then convinced myself that npv was the alpha since I was suspicious of him earlier in the game. That combined with his early voting swayed me I guess.
Yeah, when I read your post after I voted, I thought hmm this could get interesting. I was going to answer it and I thought that I'd let you sit on it without any other info and see what you come up with. I saw the npv vote and knew we were home free then. You kept bringing names up specifically mine and I couldn't figure out why you never pushed for it. Now of course I'd have done my best to push it back on top of you but I was actually surprised no one came after me. That and I thought mike should've shot me.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I can't wait to be the crazy dude again next game, I'm pumped!
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I think the one thing about this game, besides my terrible logic, is that some of the villagers who were lynched really brought it upon themselves to be lynched. Shafty is an example, as there were a ton of accusations being thrown around by him. With regards to my recent switch from bhaw, if you read closely, is that I said I believed bhaw to be a wolf, but not the alpha. I was trying to find the alpha, I never voted for sdm because of that very reason. Its not that far off if you think about it. On a side note, I had thought about jwie once or twice before for his on again off again posting style, but I kept brushing it off. I fail.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Malkamaniac wrote:I can't wait to be the crazy dude again next game, I'm pumped!
I want to be the crazy dude.... :pop:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

i had no idea i couldve ended it. i thought we had another night to go. and i dont have internet set up at school yet, so i was on my buddies computer for 3 minutes. i just popped on and voted.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

jwie, why did you try to eat me that one night? then you had to know i was the angel..

i protected myself that night because i wanted to see if someone tried to NOM JC to see if he was bluffing as the seer.. i actually didnt protect him for 3 nights and then the second time i protected him, they got me.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

I think Monday was a critical day that went very wrong, and not just cuz I ended up halfway lynched as a result. The 4 trusted villagers really needed to come out and discuss their suspicions and come up with a decent gameplan for the rest of the villagers to fall back on and for one reason or the other the 4 trusted didn't seem too interested in talking about anything with each other. That really hurt the village in the long run IMO and things deteriorated quickly afterwards. MikeEnIke was looking for guidance from these guys as a rookie on what to do with his bullets and they really didn't give him much advice so instead he ended up shooting wildly.

I know I didn't help my own cause or the village by freaking out a tad too much after JC came after me, but I had seen what happens when he spoke before.

I had ruled out slappy, PFiDC, and bhaw as the alpha but even doing that the list of potentials was still very long. sdm really had me worried for much of the game and so did errey.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

mac5155 wrote:jwie, why did you try to eat me that one night? then you had to know i was the angel..

i protected myself that night because i wanted to see if someone tried to NOM JC to see if he was bluffing as the seer.. i actually didnt protect him for 3 nights and then the second time i protected him, they got me.
I know I had you and MikeEnIke pegged as probable role players even before I was lynched. When JC came out as the seer, and it was pretty clear to me that Mike was the vig, based on your posts, I figured you must be the Angel.

I did share my suspicion with my fellow wolves. I don't know if that made a difference, but they tried to eat you that night.

So, WE all knew you WERE the Angel, while the rest of the village believed the wolves tried to eat JC.

You probably should've come out at some point and let the village know that wolves had IDed you. You were the only one, besides the wolves, who knew that YOU were the protected player that night. The village had no idea that the wolves had pegged the Angel, too.

This game was hilarious to watch unfold, and especially to not be able to make fun of you all! hahahahaha!
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

penscup wrote:I think Monday was a critical day that went very wrong, and not just cuz I ended up halfway lynched as a result. The 4 trusted villagers really needed to come out and discuss their suspicions and come up with a decent gameplan for the rest of the villagers to fall back on and for one reason or the other the 4 trusted didn't seem too interested in talking about anything with each other.
See this is where you were wrong really, the 4 trusted villagers had no more information than anyone else. To only want their info and discard anything anyone else would've said is really shortchanging the village. I'm not saying it's wrong to trust the people who have been cleared, but you don't need to be lead along by the hand by them either.

The big problem wasn't that the four trusted villagers wouldn't give suspicions but that no one else would.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Just think...if everyone would have listened to my napalm the village idea from before I was lynched, the werewolves would not be in power right now.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I agree with beerman. Basically the strategy seemed to be to vote for whoever JC or another "trusted" person voted for. The people who voiced an opinion otherwise got lynched.
neophool
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by neophool »

stinky wolves.

where's my beer?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »