I love a good Coup D'etat (Official 24 thread)

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Is Jack Bauer the best badass action hero in TV history?

Yes
67%
No
No votes
Who is Jack Bauer?
33%
What is this 'TV' you speak of?
No votes

Total votes: 9

Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

I love a good Coup D'etat (Official 24 thread)

Post by Ben Klingston »

But what's up with making a ChemEng out as the badass villain this season?

His AIChE membership is SOOOOO revoked.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

I voted yes, but qualify it my saying I only recently got hooked on the show. I have not watched any of this season as I am working my way through the previous ones on DVD. I am waiting for Season 1, Disc 2 to arrive.

Viva la Netflix!
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jerez »

Please don't post any spoilers! We're TiVo'ing this season because it's more fun to have "24" mini-marathon nights where you watch like 4 hours in a row....

I love "24." The second best badass on TV is Dr. House. :twisted:

Viva TiVo!
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

netwolf wrote:I voted yes, but qualify it my saying I only recently got hooked on the show. I have not watched any of this season as I am working my way through the previous ones on DVD. I am waiting for Season 1, Disc 2 to arrive.

Viva la Netflix!
I'm in the same boat... I didn't start watching it until last year... and hadn't seen the first 3(?) seasons. But I'm watching this year's as it goes. I'm starting to work on catching up via Netflix too.

Speaking of Netflix... I LOVE IT. Just started it last month, and I'm kicking myself for not joining sooner. What is your typical turnaround (from the day I mail the discs to the day I receive the next ones)? Seems like mine are 3 days (i.e. mail back on Monday, receive new on Weds). I'm very pleased... I was thinking the turnaround would be more than that...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Jerez wrote:The second best badass on TV is Dr. House. :twisted:
We just began watching House recently, too. Sure are a lot of rare diseases in one hospital. That aphasia (sp?) episode was interesting. Man, "Noonan" has gotten old. ;)
Jerez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

House

Post by Jerez »

House is great. Just the kind of doctor you don't want unless you really need him!

(Last year my sister had a mysterious illness with severe headaches. They put her in the hospital for a couple of weeks, ran every test imaginable, did a lumbar puncture (ouch), pronounced her the healthiest sick woman they'd ever seen. Finally decided it must have been "a virus." I kept saying "we need Dr. House!" ) [btw, she's just fine now]

Hugh Laurie is a wonderful actor -- better than Keifer Sutherland, I'm afraid. Love the fake American accent. :wink:
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Ben Klingston wrote:Speaking of Netflix... I LOVE IT. Just started it last month, and I'm kicking myself for not joining sooner. What is your typical turnaround (from the day I mail the discs to the day I receive the next ones)? Seems like mine are 3 days (i.e. mail back on Monday, receive new on Weds). I'm very pleased... I was thinking the turnaround would be more than that...
About the same anywhere from 2-4, but usually 3. Used to be a day or two longer before they added a shipping hub in Pittsbugh.