When Eaton comes back....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
SMTM
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

When Eaton comes back....

Post by SMTM »

When Eaton comes back can we move Whitney to wing. He refuses to play defense, so why is he back there. Up front he can take Malone's place, because Malone...well, he just sucks. Malone cannot take a pass, receive a pass, or shoot on net. I am sure that Whitney can pass better than him.

Can you imagine the frustration that Crosby must have with Recchi and Malone on his wings with their 4 stone paws. I think he would rather play with Koltsov and Fata. It's just painful to watch. Shero better be thinking long and hard at the trade deadline and this summer.

Games like this make want to scream. This team has a way to go.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

The problem is, we had the worst defense in the league last year, and we added one guy. That guy got injured. We have the same defense, man for man, which was the worst in the NHL last year, this year. What do you expect?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Don't be stupid.

You are going to call Ryan f'n Whitney out after tonight's game? It was because of him that the whole defense played like complete and total crap? I don't think so. You also mention Ryan Malone. He can't pass, receive a pass, or shoot on net? Did you watch the same game I did? NOT A DAMN PERSON ON THIS TEAM COULD DO THAT TONIGHT! Why point out one person.

How about blaming the whole team for the loss tonight because not one person showed up to play a whole 60 minutes.

Typical yinzer fashion, you need to direct your anger towards specific players - no matter how they or the team played.
SMTM
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by SMTM »

Yinzer? Stupid?

F! U! I called out three players, and it not for just this game, dip ****! It is a JOKE! Of course, Whitney is not going to play wing, of course the whole team sucked, but the three players I mentioned were atrocious tonight, and in Tampa as well.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

SMTM wrote:Yinzer? Stupid?

F! U! I called out three players, and it not for just this game, dip ****! It is a JOKE! Of course, Whitney is not going to play wing, of course the whole team sucked, but the three players I mentioned were atrocious tonight, and in Tampa as well.
So, those three players are what caused the Pens to play such atrocious hockey the past 3 games?

BTW - stick to your day mcjob, you're no comedian.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

He refuses to play defense
Eaton would be the only on back there if that was the criterion.
CKA24
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by CKA24 »

Quit friggin harping on Whit....

He's made dumb plays, he's made good plays. He scores goals.

So in the future.... Whit gets better defensively... he's no Lidstrom, but he's not bad. Pair him up with someone reliable like Eaton. Sounds kinda what we have when Sarge and Eaton were playing together...
Brode

Post by Brode »

People talk about Eaton coming back like it was Jesus coming back.
tjand72
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by tjand72 »

Brode wrote:People talk about Eaton coming back like it was Jesus coming back.
Jesus did probably have a broken wrist...or two.

Oh no he di'int!!
ru10tu10
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ru10tu10 »

Kicksave wrote:Don't be stupid.

You are going to call Ryan f'n Whitney out after tonight's game? It was because of him that the whole defense played like complete and total crap? I don't think so. You also mention Ryan Malone. He can't pass, receive a pass, or shoot on net? Did you watch the same game I did? NOT A DAMN PERSON ON THIS TEAM COULD DO THAT TONIGHT! Why point out one person.

How about blaming the whole team for the loss tonight because not one person showed up to play a whole 60 minutes.

Typical yinzer fashion, you need to direct your anger towards specific players - no matter how they or the team played.
Much more is expected from Malone, as evidenced by his 1.3 million salary.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

4 stone paws.
I like this and I don't think pens
stop at just having four! :)

No doubt Mark Eaton will add to the pens defense but not thinking he solves current losing streak. But, that wasn't your premise, just hear and read over and over many fans who think when Eaton returns & all is well.

Last night, R Whitney, Brooks Orpik, good old Sarge all played woefully.

If Sidney doesn't have a great game along with Marc Andre, most
times pens will not win. That has to change quickly.
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Relating to the current 6, I would agree with them at this point.
pmh118
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pmh118 »

pfim wrote:
Relating to the current 6, I would agree with them at this point.
Yeah, it's all relative. :)

It would be interesting to see how the Pens' goals against compares with and without Eaton in the lineup.
pmh118
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pmh118 »

pmh118 wrote:It would be interesting to see how the Pens' goals against compares with and without Eaton in the lineup.
I dug into this a little bit further. Eaton is officially credited with 11 games so far this season, but I'll use 10 games as a basis for comparison because he got injured within the first minute of the game against San Jose. I realize that 10 games isn't a great sample size, but it's better than nothing. Plus, if you count only the 10 games after Eaton got hurt, the numbers are very similar to the those over 32 games. Oh, I also included "goals for" because good defense usually generates more offense.

Take these numbers as you wish.

10 games with Eaton
27 GA=2.70 GA/game
37 GF=3.70 GF/game

32 games without Eaton
109 GA=3.41 GA/game
92 GF=2.88 GF/game

Difference with Eaton
-0.71 GA/game
+0.82 GF/game
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

ru10tu10 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Don't be stupid.

Much more is expected from Malone, as evidenced by his 1.3 million salary.
I totally agree that much more is expected.