KC Star Articles 1.9.07

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Pghsports
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

KC Star Articles 1.9.07

Post by Pghsports »

What is interesting is that both of these articles focus on the financial impact of a professional team on KC, and not about the actual team itself. In fact, if you went by these, the only thing that seperates the Pens from any other professional team KC may lure (read "steal") is that the daughter of Article 2's writer likes penguins.
Article 1
Article 2
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

KC has a good deal. Let's just hope that our politicans can get this done.

The one article has something right though, in KC, they do not have to deal with politicans, which as we see here in Pgh, and even today with Peduto, there will be haggling.
Guins

Post by Guins »

newarenanow wrote:KC has a good deal. Let's just hope that our politicans can get this done.

The one article has something right though, in KC, they do not have to deal with politicans, which as we see here in Pgh, and even today with Peduto, there will be haggling.
Peduto knows it's going to get done, so he has to try to one up LR who he is going to run against for Mayor, That's all He is doing that & getting some FACE TIME on TV & papers
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Maybe there's more to Peduto's Plan C than just face time. Apparently (Article 1 above) KC is ready to do the same thing to sweeten their deal to the Pens.
Guins

Post by Guins »

Pitts wrote:Maybe there's more to Peduto's Plan C than just face time. Apparently (Article 1 above) KC is ready to do the same thing to sweeten their deal to the Pens.
That means they know they are losing & probably HAVE lost
edog

Post by edog »

Pitts wrote:Maybe there's more to Peduto's Plan C than just face time. Apparently (Article 1 above) KC is ready to do the same thing to sweeten their deal to the Pens.
read the following statement.....

"Our rate of return went down badly. We’re a private company,â€￾ Leiweke quipped about the deal AEG was offering: no upfront fee, no rent, and a 50-50 split of the arena revenues."

Does this sound like a company ready to sweeten their offer..... :roll:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

edog wrote:

"Our rate of return went down badly. We’re a private company,â€￾ Leiweke quipped about the deal AEG was offering: no upfront fee, no rent, and a 50-50 split of the arena revenues."

That's where they said they may ask the city of KC for help.
edog

Post by edog »

newarenanow wrote:
edog wrote:

That's where they said they may ask the city of KC for help.
It also said, should Pittsburgh stumble....
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

edog, I can't wait for this to be done. I'm pretty optimistic it will work out, I just don't want to resign myself that it is a done deal, because stranger things have happened and there have been so many ups and downs.

I know someone that sat in on that meeting last Thursday (albeit they did not have a talking/negotiating role) and they said it was favorable that the team would stay, although nothing is a done deal.

But I wouldn't be suprised if the KC deal was sweatened just a little, although AEG really can't do much else. It would be up to the city of KC to do that.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

edog wrote:

read the following statement......

"The Cordish Co., the developer of the seven-block entertainment district being built across the street from the Sprint Center, also might be asked to assist, Leiweke said. Again, no details."

Sounds like something they can use to sweeten their offer. Also sounds very similar to what Peduto is proposing for Pittsburgh...a cut of revenue from the surrounding area. Don't roll your eyes at me - I'm just making conversation.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

CP2 mentioned the land development as part of sweetening Plan 'B' along time ago. I really think this might secure the team. But then again, it may already be in the discussions.
edog

Post by edog »

newarenanow wrote:edog, I can't wait for this to be done. I'm pretty optimistic it will work out, I just don't want to resign myself that it is a done deal, because stranger things have happened and there have been so many ups and downs.

I know someone that sat in on that meeting last Thursday (albeit they did not have a talking/negotiating role) and they said it was favorable that the team would stay, although nothing is a done deal.

But I wouldn't be suprised if the KC deal was sweatened just a little, although AEG really can't do much else. It would be up to the city of KC to do that.
I am not calling anything a done deal either as I am cautiously optimistic & like you, can't wait to get this deal done....

Could KC conceivably sweeten the deal? Yeah, they could. Will they? I don't know....
Zscout

Post by Zscout »

Boots may just kick this up by offering offering the Pens 25 million outright to move.
bill from turtle creek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by bill from turtle creek »

Why stop there? Maybe he can just offer ML a cool $500million. That ought to get it done.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Draftnik »

bill from turtle creek wrote:Why stop there? Maybe he can just offer ML a cool $500million. That ought to get it done.
Didn't Dr. Evil ask for ONE BILLION DOLLARS (after $1M) in AP2 or 3? Then JB will see the $1B and raise it by $100M...
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by netwolf »

Draftnik wrote:
bill from turtle creek wrote:Why stop there? Maybe he can just offer ML a cool $500million. That ought to get it done.
Didn't Dr. Evil ask for ONE BILLION DOLLARS (after $1M) in AP2 or 3? Then JB will see the $1B and raise it by $100M...
I say go for the throat and demand one hundred billion gajillion bobillion smizzillion shibabwhatisa dollars.
Guins

Post by Guins »

Zscout wrote:Boots may just kick this up by offering offering the Pens 25 million outright to move.
He also may offer you as the KC Scouts number 1 MORON too
ushockeyteam1980

Post by ushockeyteam1980 »

That was a bad article. Who cares if his six year old daughter like penguins? I'm thinking that after the success of last week's meeting with our officials that the Pens have a great chance of staying. Both sides did use the term "optimistic," and Lemieux's lawyer, according to an inside source, said that the meeting went really well, and even he's confident. But, I won't believe anything until that announcement in the next three weeks or so.

As my friend said about the Sprint Center, "The 70's called, they want their disco ball back." That place is tacky.
peterleefan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by peterleefan »

Zscout wrote:Boots may just kick this up by offering offering the Pens 25 million outright to move.
What 25 million - he didnt have enough to seal the deal a few summers ago when he was negotiating to become a partner.