The Penguins are NOT MOVING TO KANSAS!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Kansas, Missouri, Backwater Arkansas...what's the difference? They are all the same right?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

kcmo wrote:
Pitts wrote:Kansas, Missouri, Backwater Arkansas...what's the difference? They are all the same right?
nope, kc"mo" is a lot like pittsburgh actually...
Who is kc"mo"? Some new rapper or something? Does he hang wit yung"joc"?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

There is a Kansas City, Kansas though. There's also a Pittsburg, Kansas. Hmm, maybe that's where the Pens should move. 98% of the country wouldn't even realize they weren't in the same state. :lol:
Mr. T
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Mr. T »

kcmo wrote:Whatever happens, I will say that you guys are the best NHL fans I have seen. It's tough to follow hockey in KC where I think the KC Wizards (soccer) are talked about more.

I want a team to follow, but I would suck to take a team like pittsburgh. It's a mute point because it's not happening though.

Till then I will continue to drive down to StL and HOPE their fans come back. But I honestly admire your passion for hockey and the penguins. It's awesome and since finding this forum, I have a new respect for Pittsburgh.

Now, I will step aside and let many of you tell me to **** off ;)....
**** off
Gabe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Gabe »

I gotta question your knowledge of the Kansas City area, when you say that KC is all about KCMO....

Johnson County KS is continually on the top 10 list of prosperous counties and itself is probably approaching a few hundred thousand people.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

You main a thread just to tell people which state KC is in?
Mr. T
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Mr. T »

Corvidae wrote:You main a thread just to tell people which state KC is in?
In his defense, I've seen bunches of posts with people talking about Kansas. To site but one, the people that were claiming that the people in KC weren't excited about the prospect of the Penguins because the Kansas newspapers didn't have much info...
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Did you know that Kansas City, Mo is the "City of Fountains"?
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Corvidae wrote:You main a thread just to tell people which state KC is in?
Philadelphia is in Pennsylvania. Unfortunately.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

as long as its a mute point instead of a moot one, thanks for visiting the forum
edog

Re: The Penguins are NOT MOVING TO KANSAS!

Post by edog »

kcmo wrote:They might, I seriously doubt it, but they might move to MISSOURI, but Kansas will never have an NHL team.

Kansas City is in Missouri. There are suburbs of KC in Kansas, but everything that KC is all about is in Missouri.

You see, Kansas is pretty much the boring, flat state that people imagine, but KCMO is a large, urban city set in the rolling hills, forests and bluffs of Missouri. Most people have no clue what KC is really like, they picture "kansas".

I know a lot of you guys have about had it with this whole thing, so I thought I would post the title to this thread as it should get your attention.

Yea, they are not moving to Kansas!!!

I'm just messing with you a little. If you ever do want to irritate and annoy "real" KC residents, not the suburbanites in KS, then say the city is in Kansas or tell the toto and oz jokes. Nothing is worse. I have been reading forums about this from around the nation and it's funny how everybody thinks KC is in Kansas. Stupid state of KS came after the city of KCMO...

Kind of like spelling pittsburg like that ;).

KC is not getting this team. I think a team will do well in KC, but not nearly as well as Pittsburgh. KC is just going to have to wait for its next opportunity.
I have been to KC a few times when I lived in Omaha (mainly to Arrowhead to watch the Steelers kick the Chief's ass). KC is a lot like Pittsburgh. Both are midwestern in thinking (yes, I know we like to think we are East Coast, but we are more midwest than East Coast) & have relatively the same population. Pittsburgh is obviously a hockey market. KC.....? well, you complete the thought.....that being said, don't be pissed at KC. Be pissed at the idiots here in office who have us at this point. Or the voters who continue to vote these morons in. Or better yet, Howard Baldwin who put the team on this path many years ago....
eastonpensfan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by eastonpensfan »

NOT PENGUINS RELATED!!!!!

BECAUSE THEY ARE

NOT MOVING ANYWHERE!!!
Peter

Post by Peter »

Mr. T I thought you gave up on LetsGoPens.com
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Did you know that the capital of Djibouti is Djibouti?
Corban87

Re: The Penguins are NOT MOVING TO KANSAS!

Post by Corban87 »

Once lived in Pittsburgh wrote: "KCMO" is an angry Missouri resident that is jealous that all the money & educated citizens live on the Kansas side. He (like other Missouri-side folk) has to wear a flak jacket to keep himself from getting sprayed by drive by shootings.

No kidding: the MIssouri side is as dangerous as Washington DC.

And you are still a tool