Rumbles over the line…

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Theoldpenguin

Rumbles over the line…

Post by Theoldpenguin »

Does anyone else notice how often our new commentator uses the phrase, “rumbles over the line”?

How many times can someone rumble over the line each and every game?
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Rumbles over the line…

Post by Badger Bob »

Which new commentator? A name would be helpful.
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

I think it's Getzoff who uses "snapper" a lot. That can get a little annoying. I haven't heard "rumbles over the line" so I'm not sure who that is. Army maybe ?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Speaking of, am I the only one who finds it annoying that you never know who you're gonna get for color commentary on any given day? I swear the Pens now have a half roster full of commenters.

Also, WHY IS POTASH NOT DOING PLAYER INTERVIEWS???? I like Haley Hunter, but I feel like they added her simply because all the other teams have a woman doing them. Potash was an institution around these parts!
stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

I agree. Potash had chemistry with the guys. As much as I like Hailey, she doesn't, unless it's DOC. LOL The guys could play it up with Potash.....THANKS DAAAAN....not so much with Hailey. She's pretty much all business all the time
Theoldpenguin

Post by Theoldpenguin »

Badger Bob wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:13 am Which new commentator? A name would be helpful.
Sorry, Josh Getzoff.
Theoldpenguin

Post by Theoldpenguin »

stonewizard51 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:19 am I think it's Getzoff who uses "snapper" a lot. That can get a little annoying. I haven't heard "rumbles over the line" so I'm not sure who that is. Army maybe ?
Yes, Getzoff. I'm surprised you guys haven't heard "rumbles" before! He says it maybe 3 to 6 times each game, every game.
Theoldpenguin

Post by Theoldpenguin »

Drew O’Connor just rumbled on in and we’re only 9 minutes into the first :)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Theoldpenguin wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:08 pm
stonewizard51 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:19 am I think it's Getzoff who uses "snapper" a lot. That can get a little annoying. I haven't heard "rumbles over the line" so I'm not sure who that is. Army maybe ?
Yes, Getzoff. I'm surprised you guys haven't heard "rumbles" before! He says it maybe 3 to 6 times each game, every game.
Never noticed it until last night's game after reading this thread! I think most announcers have their go-to catch phrases.

We were very spoiled by the GOAT Mike Lange. Man, how I miss him.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I haven't noticed the rumble line, but when the Pens in at home he says "it's a 2 point parade on 5th avenue" meh :? lol
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

To tell you the truth, I really don't pay that much attention to what Getzoff says during his play-by-play. Just something that's not worth getting your panties all in a bunch over. Maybe if it bugs you, send an email to the Pens and register your complaint. Pretty silly to have a pet peeve over and to make a thread about, but whatev.
yinzer69
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by yinzer69 »

Badger Bob wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 2:53 pm To tell you the truth, I really don't pay that much attention to what Getzoff says during his play-by-play. Just something that's not worth getting your panties all in a bunch over. Maybe if it bugs you, send an email to the Pens and register your complaint. Pretty silly to have a pet peeve over and to make a thread about, but whatev.
People are literally ready to give up their fandom over 4TH LINE PLAYERS not playing regularly. Nothing should surprise you at this point.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

I think it was just a conversation piece. I do not think Theoldpenguin was bunched up. Constipated may be another issue - he's old! :)
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Haha, sorry I guess I was a little rough. Just pay no attention to the man behind the curtain. :D