Game 38 vs. Sabres - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Game 38 vs. Sabres - Thoughts from the Morning After

Post by IntangibleBeer »

• Woulda, shoulda, coulda - this was one of those games the Pens should have and could have won. Ugly. The failure to pickup 2 points against an obviously weaker opponent is likely to bite them in the playoff run. :face: I had the Buffalo feed. Even their announcers were certain the Sabres were going to cough up a loss.
  • Officiating. :face: What can I say? The officiating in last night's game wasn't even up to the quality of your average WWE match. :roll:
  • Pens had 2 goals overturned. The first was an off-sides. The second call, goalie interference, was absolutely ridiculous. The Sabre goaltender got more of a dirty look than interference. In the past, Penguin goalies have taken shots to the head with no call. The zebras then made up for their gross incompetence with a rather sketchy 5-3 PP. Even the Pens impotent PP was able to score the tying goal then.
  • Pens out shot, out hit, and won more face-offs than Buffalo but couldn't put the puck in the net.
  • I was very unhappy with POJ's play. He reminds me of the tall kid you choose for your pickup basketball game. He looks good, but can't do anything remotely useful. He needs to go - waivers, throw-in for a trade, WBS - just go.
  • Why is Puustinen not playing more minutes? He's exactly what this team needs more of.
  • Jarry. :scared:
  • Malkin - the lights are on, but there's nobody home.
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Game 38 vs. Sabres - Thoughts from the Morning After

Post by Guinness »

The goalie interference was just LOL

I'm not quite getting the anger towards Jarry that I've been seeing around this board. He should have had that first one - granted... but the second one was really more on POJ in my opinion. It would have been nice for him to stop it but if he did it would have been a 10 bell save. And obviously there was little he could do on the third.

It's such a shame that Sid was offside on DOC's goal, because his pass back to DOC was a subtle yet beautiful work of art. There are few players in the league... maybe ever... who would have had the vision, neigh, the instinct, to put that puck right on his stick, and you could see right after DOC scored that he knew it, too. But now it will just go down the memory hole as an offside play, unfortunately.

EK65 is trying to find his place. I feel confident that he eventually will. Same with Gravy, although slightly less confidently. As we have seen in the past, these things take time. Recall how HATED Petts was in his first couple of seasons... now my dude is literally our best defenseman. Patience, as it is said, is a virtue.

I'm glad to be back and talking hockey - and ONLY hockey - with you guys! Cheers!
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

If they were horses I'd shoot 'em...

... but they were zebras.
IntangibleBeer
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IntangibleBeer »

A tale of two goalies.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Cvh2zZ ... tid=jW0ne2

:lol:

Of course, had Jarry done this with last night's officials, he'd have gotten 2 minutes for interference. :roll:
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

We didn’t lose the game because of the botched goalie interference call. We lost for the same reason we failed to make the playoffs last year and we’re bounced for several years prior to that. We are stale. Sully is STALE!!! Their power play sucks and has sucked for the last few years. Jarry can’t be consistently good. He is now tired and will be mediocre the remainder of the year as always. I expect an injury to him soon. We don’t beat the teams that we should beat which negates beating good teams that we do beat. We are a .500 team at best, going nowhere slow. It sucks that these guys fall back into their lazy ways so easily. Hopefully GMKD pulls the trigger and sells as many No No Trade players on long term contracts as he can. Unload unload unload. I’m so tired of the let’s make one more run with these geriatric players theme. And most of all what needs to happen is for SULLY TO BE FIRED!!!!!!