Stanley Cup Finals

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Stanley Cup Finals

Post by thehockeyguru »

Anyone just see that goal by big rig?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Stanley Cup Finals

Post by brwi »

thehockeyguru wrote:Anyone just see that goal by big rig?
He looked All-World on that play.

Great game by the Stars for 2 periods and then TB woke up in the 3rd but too late. The rest of the series could be exactly like the 3rd period because it looked a lot like that in the Vegas-Stars series and Stars can win that way with Khubodin as sharp as he is.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Bad PP call for Dallas to lose on
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Good call. Had his stick under his leg and used his arm to hook his head and shoulder back while lifting his leg with his stick.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

It's ridiculous that they are labeling that as "controversial". It was clearly tripping. The real controversial call that has been brushed under the rug is the ludicrous Diving call on Point at the end of regulation. Tampa should have started the OT on the power play.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Congratulations to Tampa Bay, 2020 Champions.

In a 'bubble', players, coaches, trainers and staff left behind home to play a game they all are professionally trained in.

At the homestead here, we watched the final few minutes. Once Gary Bettman showed, the faux audio cheers were lowered. No boo's, like normal.

Those in production of the broadcast missed the opportunity of a lifetime to pump up the cheers of appreciation to the position of commissioner that finished the league final that he set out to do. Like or hate the person, the job is complete.

Congratulations to Gary Bettman for finishing the season. Take a bow. Hopefully next season the fans in attendance get a chance to be real.

As a side note: the wife asked if he is the guy that always get booed.