Panthers fire Boughner; set to hire Quenneville

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Panthers fire Boughner; set to hire Quenneville

Post by FLPensFan »

Word is Panthers will hire Joel Quenneville as their head coach. In addition to being a really, really good coach, you'd have to think this may further increase the Panarin to Florida odds. Panarin was rumored to like JoelQ and even be willing to go back to Chicago as a possible destination.

Florida will be heavily in for Panarin this summer. Still hearing there is also strong interest in Bobrovsky as well. Sportsnet had floated the idea that Luongo could be LTIR'd permanently (rather than retire). Luongo didn't seem too keen on the idea:

https://twitter.com/strombone1/status/1 ... 9273142272

I'd love to see Florida get back to where they were 2-3 years ago, before internal front office turmoil wrecked the team on the cusp of being an annual playoff contender. If they can get Panarin and Bob, and fix their defense, they'll be one to watch.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Panthers fire Boughner; set to hire Quenneville

Post by no name »

I get kinda tired of this Florida train ride. The attendance is so bad I wonder if its worth trying to keep that market alive. Even if the team takes off and starts to win its only time until the floor falls out and they start to lose and are right back where they started. I never would want a team to move but I hope they find a way to florish not just keep their head above water.