NHL Network

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

NHL Network

Post by Sigwolf »

I've really enjoyed the full offseason coverage on the NHL Network, but... if there has ever been a player I enjoyed watching play the game, but can't stand watching commentate... Alex Tanguay. Horrible, just plain horrible.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: NHL Network

Post by bhaw »

Sigwolf wrote:I've really enjoyed the full offseason coverage on the NHL Network, but... if there has ever been a player I enjoyed watching play the game, but can't stand watching commentate... Alex Tanguay. Horrible, just plain horrible.
He literally reminds me of this

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEW5mh7iAI[/youtube]
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

He is not as bad a Luffman, he is just silly goofy on air. I got to admit at times they are getting desperate for content to fill space.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I remember back when NHl Network first started theyvused to play "Classic Games" and series during the off season. I wish they would bring that back.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

KG wrote:I remember back when NHl Network first started theyvused to play "Classic Games" and series during the off season. I wish they would bring that back.
They have been. During the start of the offseason they pretty much replayed all the current season's playoff rounds, but for the past month or so they have been playing a lot of classics, especially past Cup winning games.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I really wish they would allow the NHL tv app to verify subscriber accounts to get NHL Network stuff like the MLB app does. It’s the same exact platform, no reason it can’t be added.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

DelPen wrote:I really wish they would allow the NHL tv app to verify subscriber accounts to get NHL Network stuff like the MLB app does. It’s the same exact platform, no reason it can’t be added.
There's no reason why they can't. The same should apply to NBC/NBC Sports games. I stopped subscribing last year for this very reason. It's ridiculous to charge full price, then black out about 25-30% of the games just because the Pens get a lot of national coverage. I'll start paying again once they stop going out their way to screw the paying customer.
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Big Easy Pens Fan »

DelPen wrote:I really wish they would allow the NHL tv app to verify subscriber accounts to get NHL Network stuff like the MLB app does. It’s the same exact platform, no reason it can’t be added.
The NHL and MLB actually share the same studio building in NYC.

BEPF