Other NHL Games 2016-17

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Other NHL Games 2016-17

Post by ville5 »

Wild, playoff dogs and 8 more years of Parise and Suter. And theyre already 32. Glad we lost out on that deal....
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Man, who'd of though that the Blackhawk's wouldn't have scored a goal yet in the playoffs and that the Wild would be down 0-3? I think the only other surprise so far is that the Capitals are having a very tough time with Toronto through the first two games.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Great58 wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Think the Cap fans are having doubts following last nights loss? Here is a sampling of the comments in the Washington Post:

"Here we go again. Frown"

"When we go into a game thinking, "OK, we let these guys get close but we learned our lesson and will trounce them now," we merely display the kind of arrogance that gets good teams beaten. "

"We are cursed, and it has not been lifted. We will go down in five."

"Not a surprise nor naysaying, playoff hockey is a specific style. Caps have never had the group to play it, just flashy style players geared to regular season hockey."

And my personal favorite: "I love Ovie, but... Clean breakaway in OT? He's got to bury that. Anyone here think Crosby wouldn't have buried that?"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/c ... b#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You could see all of those expressions on the faces of their fans after their OT loss. Same expression as when they were down 2-0 after 1 period in game 1. Get a grip! Playoff hockey isn't all about success, and if you can't stomach the tough times, then it probably isn't for you.

I fully expect the Caps to win this series, but I've allowed myself to start playing the "what if Babcock can really coach these boys up?" thinking to creep in. Either way, I appreciate the extra hockey they are having to play, both in a longer series and in the nearly 60 extra minutes of OT they've already seen.
LeBrun has a nice little article about this. Speed and quickness is giving Washington fits. Just like the Pens will when they play each other.

http://www.tsn.ca/maple-leafs-speed-gam ... s-1.725795
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Go Leafs Go!

Tee he....
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

KG wrote:Go Leafs Go!

Tee he....
I am just loving this series. The Washington Post should be an interesting read tomorrow.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SubtropicalPenguin »

All 4 games went to ot tonight. I wonder if that has happened before. For the most part, very entertaining, though, as always, the officiating was pretty poor. Who would have called Chicago down 3-0 and Washington down 2-1? Also - lots of blown multi-goal leads. What's the story there?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

SubtropicalPenguin wrote:All 4 games went to ot tonight. I wonder if that has happened before. For the most part, very entertaining, though, as always, the officiating was pretty poor. Who would have called Chicago down 3-0 and Washington down 2-1? Also - lots of blown multi-goal leads. What's the story there?
I think it was Pierre commentating the Bos/Ott game and he flipped out over the call against Boston in OT. It was odd given what was let go up to that point, but that's par for the course.

Anyone watch the Chicago game? I felt like they forgot to bring the HD cameras for that one. Nashville is flying in that series. Blackhawks look totally unprepared and you can see the cap playing havoc on them. Their "fill in" players around the stars just look bad.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

bhaw wrote:
SubtropicalPenguin wrote: Nashville is flying in that series. Blackhawks look totally unprepared and you can see the cap playing havoc on them. Their "fill in" players around the stars just look bad.
I haven't seen a Hawks game this post season. All I can ask is what happened to them? Last we saw them they drilled us at the CEC, 5-1, IIRC. Sure, we had a depleted lineup, but when we played in Chicago is was a close game they pulled away at the end convincingly, making us pay for mistakes we made. I know they stumbled in April, but was convinced this was the result of having locked up the conference and that the Hawks of early March would return. But they haven't.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Why is the top line on the Caps only playing 15 minutes a game? OV had less ice time than some 3/4th line players.
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

Skatingpen wrote:Why is the top line on the Caps only playing 15 minutes a game? OV had less ice time than some 3/4th line players.
Yeah, what's up with that. And early in the game there was 2 minutes of 4v4 hockey and Ovechkin sat out all three shifts.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Cu11en wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:Why is the top line on the Caps only playing 15 minutes a game? OV had less ice time than some 3/4th line players.
Yeah, what's up with that. And early in the game there was 2 minutes of 4v4 hockey and Ovechkin sat out all three shifts.
Just thinking maybe the O in Ovechkin stands for Offense Only.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Humperdink wrote:
Cu11en wrote:
Or Over the hill, On the PP, Only for the mother land...
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Pruezy11881 wrote:
Humperdink wrote:
Cu11en wrote:
Or Over the hill, On the PP, Only for the mother land...
Or slapshOt frOm the left face Off dOt Only
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Caps looking dominant early
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Someone explain to me if a player flips the puck at the redline and 3 opposing players stand him up and prevent the player from getting to the puck is that legal??

I know the answer but I just saw that in the Caps/leafs game
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

I hate the Capitals so, so much. If I see Tom Wilson or Ovechkin "WOO!" after a goal one more time I'm going to lose it.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Caps fan's hearts just sank a little...
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Post by Malkintent »

Preds taking out the trash.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Malkintent wrote:Preds taking out the trash.
Toews can send that NHL 100 best jacket to Evgeni!
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Post by Malkintent »

penny lane wrote:
Malkintent wrote:Preds taking out the trash.
Toews can send that NHL 100 best jacket to Evgeni!
Lol

As soon as he scored I thought, "Great, now when his team gets swept, his worshippers will say it wasn't his fault".
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

Toews has 1 goal in his last 14 playoff games and they've gone out in the first round two straight years? Yeah, I'd say he bears some responsibility.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Preds made it happen big-time. Never would have thought they would sweep the Hawks, but Rinne was incredible and they fed off of it.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Craps D-man Kevin Shattemkirk played a mere 12.54 minutes in game 4 against the Maple Loafs. He's a minus 4 in the series.

"Shattenkirk, 28 ..... came at high cost to the Capitals, who gave up forwards Zach Sanford and Brad Malone, a first-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft and conditional draft picks......Shattenkirk is in the final season of a four-year, $17 million contract with an average annual value of $4.25 million, according to CapFriendly.com. As part of the trade, the Blues will retain 39 percent of Shattenkirk's salary and bonuses....... Shattenkirk can become an unrestricted free agent on July 1. If the Capitals re-sign him to a contract that includes the 2017-18 season, or if they advance to the 2017 Eastern Conference Final and Shattenkirk plays in at least 50 percent of their playoff games in the first two rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Blues will receive the Capitals' second-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft."

https://www.nhl.com/news/kevin-shattenk ... -287195044" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Not saying you Hugo, I know we like to bash the Caps believe me I hate them so much, but if you watch Shattenkirk play he is really good at that first pass and carrying the puck out of his end. Something that is killing the Pens right now. If the Caps get to the finals it will be worth what they gave up.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Caps playing not to lose so far. Probably waiting for the first power play.