Paris

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Paris

Post by penny lane »

http://time.com/4112697/paris-peace-symbol-attacks/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/we- ... 3773492675" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2 ... sis-france" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My prayers to the victims of terrorism in Paris. My prayers of peace to all of us.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Paris

Post by penny lane »

dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

:fist:

I put these in the gdt, admittedly disinterested in the game.

Saw these later... this one, so important:

lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Couldn't disagree with you or Ruffalo any more.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

lemieuxReturns wrote:Couldn't disagree with you or Ruffalo any more.
Which is your prerogative.

Namaste. :fist:
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

dagny wrote:

Have to wonder in the early years of Nazi Germany if people were asking for tolerance towards Nazis.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

lemieuxReturns wrote:
dagny wrote:

Have to wonder in the early years of Nazi Germany if people were asking for tolerance towards Nazis.
:shock:

Omai! Is that how you interpreted it? :lol:

No, no, no.... No tolerance for heartless, soulless, butchers who can not be negotiated with. Islamic terrorists must be destroyed.

I'm armed and willing to defend, if necessary. That call for tolerance is about not lumping all Muslims in with the radical jihadis. It's about not blaming or retaliating against all Muslims for the actions of the terrorists. It's about not giving ISIS what it wants by adding to the divisiveness.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

dagny wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
dagny wrote:

No, no, no.... No tolerance for heartless, soulless, butchers who can not be negotiated with. Islamic terrorists must be destroyed.

I'm armed and willing to defend, if necessary. That call for tolerance is about not lumping all Muslims in with the radical jihadis. It's about not blaming or retaliating against all Muslims for the actions of the terrorists. It's about not giving ISIS what it wants by adding to the divisiveness.
As Peduto said on the radio yesterday... there has always been "the other group" to hate or blame things on.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

dagny wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
dagny wrote:

Islamic terrorists must be destroyed?????

How will know who they are? Minneapolis has a large Somali population, some of whom have joined ISIS. Dearborn, MI, now affectionately known as Dearbornistan, has a huge and growing Muslim population. The Tsarnaev brothers were refugees who apparently slipped in to our country under the nose of our protectors.

My point is, they are among us now and Obama, Wolf and Peduto are willing to roll the dice and invite more.

We will only know some were militants when the sirens go off and the dust is settling.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

The world would be better without religion.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Jim wrote:The world would be better without religion.
While I tend to agree, it won't be hard to have it come down to some other thing a group can latch onto and kill in the name of.

I really think so much could be accomplished if we would set aside these things and work towards a "greater good". But who decides what the "greater good" is?
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Since the 1972 Munich Olympics there has been one religion, and pretty much the only one, that has been on an absolute roll when it comes to terrorism.

I suspect if one would ask them (assuming one could close enough), the response would be: "what we are doing is for the greater good, we are ridding the world of kafirs".