Despres

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
bigkam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Despres

Post by bigkam »

Went to the WBS/Hershey game last night. The Baby Pens had an almost 2 minute 5-on-3, but not a second of it for Despres. In fact, he got zero PP time the whole game from what I could see. Anyone know what the deal is? Is he in the doghouse, or is he just being misused terribly? Thanks for the info.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Despres

Post by viva la ben »

That sounds despresing
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

It might have just been precautionary, if this was the PP:"

"Simon Despres was playing a puck in his skates when Byers came over the middle and trucked him. Looked to me to be a Tito Santana-style forearm to the head. Philip Samuelsson jumped Byers. Brian Gibbons joined the fray. Despres got up, skated off on his own and shortly thereafter, returned to the game. Byers got a charging major and Samuelsson the old 2-5-10 for instigating. In 1993, it would have been a highlight-reel hit for Byers. In 2013, it a major and maybe even a short suspension."

From what I know, Despres is playing top minutes with Samuelsson against the opposition's top lines, and doing well. Not sure about his role on the PP. But he's 2nd in points for dmen behind Mikkelson.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Both Harrington and Dumoulin are both getting more PP time than Despres -- it's not just a one-game thing. However the Despres-Samuelsson pairing has basically been used as the #1 shutdown pair for the team this season.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

meecrofilm wrote:Both Harrington and Dumoulin are both getting more PP time than Despres -- it's not just a one-game thing. However the Despres-Samuelsson pairing has basically been used as the #1 shutdown pair for the team this season.
I'm okay with this. His offensive game will always be there. Let him solidify his defensive game.