Could Kolarik get a shot?

Forum for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins and Wheeling Nailers messages.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Could Kolarik get a shot?

Post by Penspal »

Pens have some new blood in their system with Kolarik. Based on the issues the big club is facing, and the decent AHL Season Mr. K is having, is it not worth a game or two look at the NHL level? Multiple AHL years at 20 goals does not make him a superstar, but ET is getting a look with similar numbers.....
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Could Kolarik get a shot?

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I think he's nice AHL depth, but I doubt he'd make an impact at the NHL level unless the Pens lineup is decimated.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I think he's nice AHL depth, but I doubt he'd make an impact at the NHL level unless the Pens lineup is decimated.
I wonder if the Ottawa press has ever worked in "decimate" for a Senators headline.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:I think he's nice AHL depth, but I doubt he'd make an impact at the NHL level unless the Pens lineup is decimated.
I agree DP, likely just AHL depth, but the guy he was traded for (Ben F.) played for the NY Rangers in their last game. Its a new season, and AHL "stars" are in game shape and may see a few games early on.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

columbia wrote:
I wonder if the Ottawa press has ever worked in "decimate" for a Senators headline.
I'm missing something here. So much in fact that I actually googled Ottawa and Decimate, Canadian search results only..... didn't find anything, so what's the background on Ottawa and the word decimate?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Penspal wrote:
columbia wrote:
I'm missing something here. So much in fact that I actually googled Ottawa and Decimate, Canadian search results only..... didn't find anything, so what's the background on Ottawa and the word decimate?
Bad Roman senator joke (related to their logo)....nothing to see here. :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Penspal wrote:
I agree DP, likely just AHL depth, but the guy he was traded for (Ben F.) played for the NY Rangers in their last game. Its a new season, and AHL "stars" are in game shape and may see a few games early on.
Benn Ferriero played because the Rangers bottom 6 is... just atrocious. He got PT because they were terrible. Not because he's good or anything.

It's more an indictment on New York's bottom 6 than it is on Ray Shero trading away an "NHL ready guy".

They would've signed Jason Arnott to play in the bottom 6 had he passed the physical. That may have been a decent signing if it were 2006.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Penspal »

MRandall25 wrote:
Penspal wrote:
Benn Ferriero played because the Rangers bottom 6 is... just atrocious. He got PT because they were terrible. Not because he's good or anything.

It's more an indictment on New York's bottom 6 than it is on Ray Shero trading away an "NHL ready guy".

They would've signed Jason Arnott to play in the bottom 6 had he passed the physical. That may have been a decent signing if it were 2006.
Asham, Rupp... c'mon, they are Penguins cast offs, they can't be that bad :P

But you touched on a good point, bottom six.... Kolarik is a goal scorer, top 6 potential.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Notice how Asham and Rupp are the only two you know ;)

But in seriousness, they were sitting Stu Bickel and Brian Boyle (two vets) to get Ferriero in there