Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I cannot stand these new age car commercials of "watch how our car saves innocent people from terrible drivers".

I don't know what about it pisses me off, but I don't know how any of these people got their **** licenses. Like, these are people who change lanes, back out of their driveways, etc. without even looking.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

TV stations that show movies out of order... TNT is playing the Dark Knight Rises (inb4 "lolololol, why are you watching? that movie sucks! PLOTHOLES!!!") and The Dark Knight is up next. wtf?
cma3585
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by cma3585 »

When someone raps a memorized song that's not recorded and it's labeled as "freestyle". Drives me up the wall.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehLAUDNbha0[/youtube]
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

count2infinity wrote:TV stations that show movies out of order... TNT is playing the Dark Knight Rises (inb4 "lolololol, why are you watching? that movie sucks! PLOTHOLES!!!") and The Dark Knight is up next. wtf?
People hate that movie? I think it's probably the least highly regarded of the three but I don't think it's bad.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I like all 3. :)
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Me too
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Dark Knight set a very high bar (alltime good) and DKR comes off as a guilty pleasure kind of film.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

DKR would still be a really good movie if it weren't following Begins and Dark Knight. Its definitely the worst of the series, but still a good movie.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Still a good movie. Has a lot of story problems though - not just plot holes. But its execution is top notch
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Both have big plot holes and whatnot, but the Dark Knight is more than just a "blockbuster" which I consider DKR to be.

First there's Ledger's performance which is beyond ridiculous, the character development of Harvey Dent (lawful good to chaotic evil) and then the macro theme of "someone has to do the dirty work for good to triumph".

DKR doesn't have any character development, the plot is entirely corny (a nuke? Ugh....) and there really isn't any theme...

Again, I like DKR, but DK was just so good on so many levels
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

When I'm playing a word game on my phone and one random keypress doesn't register, resulting in having to remove most of the letters and start over.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

When Facebook or my cell phone is required to sign up for something.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

When people refuse to make small talk. I mean, I get it, I hate talking to people. But I can fake it all day long when the social situation calls for it. I had a mom, dad and toddler in recently for a photoshoot and the dad was quiet to the point of making me uncomfortable. I kept making general small talk, talking about the weather, etc. and he never bothered to give me more than a "Yeah" or "No". He just stood there and stared. You're 30+ years old, bro and even if you'd rather be anywhere but your 2 years old's photo session, you're acting like more of a baby than he is.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Maybe he and the wife just had a knock down drag out before the session...
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:Maybe he and the wife just had a knock down drag out before the session...
Meh, he could still fake it.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

All I'm saying is that you never know what someone is going through. Maybe faking it really isn't an option at that point for some people.

I agree though. Bottling up and shutting off the world is never a good idea IMO.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote:All I'm saying is that you never know what someone is going through. Maybe faking it really isn't an option at that point for some people.

I agree though. Bottling up and shutting off the world is never a good idea IMO.
I totally get that. I had to do photo sessions the day after I found out my dad had a brain tumor, the day my grandmother died, the day after her funeral, etc. I still managed to treat my clients like human beings and talk to them.

At this shoots, the wife seemed completely fine, bubbly, happy, giggling, etc. throughout the shoot. The guy meanwhile stood there with his arms crossed, left without saying thank you, etc. If they'd had a fight or there was something wrong, the mom should move to Hollywood because she's a heck of actress. I'm 99% sure the dad was just an jerk. :lol:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

he's probably a jerk. which makes the small talk even more pointless. you'd have been better off talking to the 2 year old.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:All I'm saying is that you never know what someone is going through. Maybe faking it really isn't an option at that point for some people.

I totally get that. I had to do photo sessions the day after I found out my dad had a brain tumor, the day my grandmother died, the day after her funeral, etc. I still managed to treat my clients like human beings and talk to them.

At this shoots, the wife seemed completely fine, bubbly, happy, giggling, etc. throughout the shoot. The guy meanwhile stood there with his arms crossed, left without saying thank you, etc. If they'd had a fight or there was something wrong, the mom should move to Hollywood because she's a heck of actress. I'm 99% sure the dad was just an jerk. :lol:
Did you try ticking his chin? Waving a stuffed teddy bear for him?
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

shmenguin wrote:he's probably a jerk. which makes the small talk even more pointless. you'd have been better off talking to the 2 year old.
Yeah, he was 30ish and she was 19. I doubt a happily ever after is in their future.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

PensFanInDC wrote: Did you try ticking his chin? Waving a stuffed teddy bear for him?
I'll try that next time! :lol:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I hate small talk. I'll be courteous if people try to engage me in discussion but I'm not going to give you much, especially if you are a stranger and I probably won't ever see you again. I am comfortable with silence and I generally rather be left alone with my own thoughts.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Products locked in a plastic shell that's so hard, you have to use meat bone scissors to cut open.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I hate small talk. I'll be courteous if people try to engage me in discussion but I'm not going to give you much, especially if you are a stranger and I probably won't ever see you again. I am comfortable with silence and I generally rather be left alone with my own thoughts.
No way

This does not fit with the reality I have constructed in my mind of SDD IRL

You're supposed to be obnoxiously loveable like all Italians

EY JOOCE
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Caption this