TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: TV Shows

Post by largegarlic »

I think I might be the only Mad Men fan who likes Megan. Now Betty on the other hand...I get that Don still needs to interact with his kids, but I don't see any need to spend any significant amount of time on Betty.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

i love silicon valley
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:i love silicon valley
It's definitely growing on me, but Richard's wishy-washy nature really annoys me. Grow a set, man!
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

This weeks Person of Interest was probably the best one in a long time. Very good story progression with good action as well.

Still one of my favorites on network TV.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Annoyed that Discovery feels the need to hype the events leading to the firing of Cody at the beginning of every episode of Dual Survival and after commercial breaks as well.

The show itself has continued to be interesting in its own right. Stop that crap already.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

The show jumped the shark when they fired Dave Canterbury and hired that jagoff Joe Teti.

On another note, I just watched the season two finale of Vikings, it's a great series that really delivers...can't wait for season 3 next year.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Enjoyed last night's Vikings.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Grey's...

They've been doing a really lousy job of spoiling themselves in promos, but I'll try not to repeat their mistake. They aired the season 3 finale (May 17, 2007) before this episode, mostly for refresher purposes I would guess. I was under impression tonight was the season finale. But alas, no, it's not. There's at least one more week of this mess. On to details in the spoiler if anyone cares.
Spoiler:
Yang is convinced to go to Zurich to make a speech, and encounters Preston Burke. Burke wows her with his hospital's technology. Offers her a position there. Yang is conflicted about possibly working with Burke and turns it down.
payoff:
Spoiler:
Burke is married with children, and doesn't want to work with Yang. Wants to turn his hospital over to Yang. Yang flies back to Seattle. Meredith knows instantly that Yang is leaving. End ep.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

The post gazette did a review of the first two episodes of 24. The review was basically "yeah, its the same ol shenangians"

which is ok
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

viva la ben wrote:The show jumped the shark when they fired Dave Canterbury and hired that jagoff Joe Teti.

On another note, I just watched the season two finale of Vikings, it's a great series that really delivers...can't wait for season 3 next year.
The guy who lied about his survival experience? I enjoyed him on the show, but Joe is fine.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I really want to like Agents of SHIELD. I like the structure of shows like this in general and I've liked previous shows produced by Whedon. But serisouly, stop with the name dropping. Every other sentance has to do with Nick Fury said this or I'll let Romanoff you said that.

We get it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:The post gazette did a review of the first two episodes of 24. The review was basically "yeah, its the same ol shenangians"

which is ok
Is it like Season 1-2, Season 3-4 or Season 5-6 shananigans?

One thing I like them doing is not having 24 actual hours. jumping forward a few hours here and there and having characters talk about what they did for the last 3 hours in a 30 second conversation is fine. Imagine if you eliminated half of the worthless dialogiue and sub plots of a 24 season, like elminate Kim completely from Season 2 and see how many hours you really have.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

DelPen wrote:I really want to like Agents of SHIELD. I like the structure of shows like this in general and I've liked previous shows produced by Whedon. But serisouly, stop with the name dropping. Every other sentance has to do with Nick Fury said this or I'll let Romanoff you said that.

We get it.
They brought up Man-Thing last episode.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Yeah, I'm actually kinda looking forward to 24 since they're only doing 12 hours. Imagine all the stupid rehashed mole in CTU plots that could have been avoided.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

CTU has the worst background checks of all time.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

supposedly there is going to be a female agent that is basically going to be jack bauser part II in the sense that they do whatever the eff the feel like doing and they are always right.

so basically they rehased robocop's character and turned robocop into a female CIA agent
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:supposedly there is going to be a female agent that is basically going to be jack bauser part II in the sense that they do whatever the eff the feel like doing and they are always right.

so basically they rehased robocop's character and turned robocop into a female CIA agent
Jack Bauer + Bowser photoshop needed immediately. :pop:
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Wild guess that the Jack-esque CIA agent will be Yvonne Strahovski's character.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Dickie Dunn wrote:Wild guess that the Jack-esque CIA agent will be Yvonne Strahovski's character.
If they were smart she would be topless for the duration of the season.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

eddysnake wrote:
Dickie Dunn wrote:Wild guess that the Jack-esque CIA agent will be Yvonne Strahovski's character.
If they were smart she would be topless for the duration of the season.
She wouldn't even do topless on Dexter. :(
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Not topless, but she will be soaking wet in her underwear on a episode of Louis this season. So at least that's something.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Rylan wrote:CTU has the worst background checks of all time.
lolol so true. So many moles.

Still, I CAN'T WAIT
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

9 hours 32 minutes...
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

KennyTheKangaroo wrote:supposedly there is going to be a female agent that is basically going to be jack bauser part II in the sense that they do whatever the eff the feel like doing and they are always right.
like Agent Walker?

I can't wait. Did anyone else see the preview Fox aired this weekend?

I think I'm going to watch during the intermissions and then once the game ends I'll be commercial free.

I'm wondering if they will even mention the fact that Chloe has a child somewhere, presumably being taken care of by Morris.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I've never seen a single episode of 24. We are thinking about binge watching the series since it's on the netflix and we are cutting the cable.