TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Caprica back, one last final shot 1/4

Post by relantel »

hey, look at that. Out of the blue, after the abrupt pull a couple months ago, SyFy is airing the remaining episodes of Caprica tonight. Guess I am glad I didn't delete my season pass. Not into it as much as I was the Olmos-led Battlestar Galactica, but having suffered through this much of the story, wanted to see the end, and now I can without having to buy the blasted DVD later.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by columbia »

Froggy wrote:I think I'm done with the office, as much as I love Jenna Fisher...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

columbia wrote:
Froggy wrote:I think I'm done with the office, as much as I love Jenna Fisher...
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

how have i waited this long to watch Party Down. incredible
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

shmenguin wrote:how have i waited this long to watch Party Down. incredible
Wait till you get to the end of season 2 and realize that there is no more. I was depressed for...well like an hour only. It was pretty annoying though.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Wait till you get to the end of season 2 and realize that there is no more. I was depressed for...well like an hour only. It was pretty annoying though.
it makes me sad to this day....show was nothing but quality.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Idoit40fans wrote:
i don't think they could have kept adam scott and lizzy kaplan on board for that long. they had some heat at the time the show ended. though adam scott was in that piranha movie, so i might be way off about his availability...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Finally started watching Eastbound and Down Season 2 last night. I'll finish it tonight or tomorrow most likely...after watching The Cape.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Based on what others said in this thread, I started watching Party Down (saw the first 4 episodes so far). What an amazing show.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Based on what others said in this thread, I started watching Party Down (saw the first 4 episodes so far). What an amazing show.
Yeah, I can't believe I never heard about it before I did. I started watching it and ended up watching the whole thing in one weekend. So amazing.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

Welp, Showtime is ready to dig its claws into me a bit further tonight. Californication is back, as well as few other new series I'll check out. But I'll keep Showtime just for Californication.

I finished watching Arrested Development seasons on Netflix over the past week. I never had time to get into it while it was on the air, but it was great. Last season wasn't as good, but overall very quality.

Recommendations on what old shows to catch up on next? Never watched The Wire (heard it is an all-timer), Dexter, or Party Down?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah, Arrested Development could have easily left me angry that it went off the air, but then I saw the third season and realized that it had played itself out.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I thought The Cape was definitely good enough to watch again next week.
Chefpatrick871
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Not saying I'm at your mom's house, not saying I'm not.

Post by Chefpatrick871 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I thought The Cape was definitely good enough to watch again next week.
seconded, very entertaining
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Bob's Burgers was actually really funny..... Will def watch next week.....

Waiting for Archer and Funny or Die to come back
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Idoit40fans wrote:Yeah, Arrested Development could have easily left me angry that it went off the air, but then I saw the third season and realized that it had played itself out.

Very true. It didn't have a "seinfield" :pop: shelf life. The first two seasons is some of the funniest television to have ever been created.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Loaf31 wrote:Bob's Burgers was actually really funny.....
Disagree. Will not be watching again.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I decided not to watch Bob's Burgers just from the commercials ahead of time....
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

shafnutz05 wrote:I decided not to watch Bob's Burgers just from the commercials ahead of time....
Same here.
Physical_Graffiti
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Physical_Graffiti »

Ben Klingston wrote:Welp, Showtime is ready to dig its claws into me a bit further tonight. Californication is back, as well as few other new series I'll check out. But I'll keep Showtime just for Californication.

I finished watching Arrested Development seasons on Netflix over the past week. I never had time to get into it while it was on the air, but it was great. Last season wasn't as good, but overall very quality.

Recommendations on what old shows to catch up on next? Never watched The Wire (heard it is an all-timer), Dexter, or Party Down?
Eastbound and Down, Entourage, Clone High, Mission Hill, and Undergrads?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

shafnutz05 wrote:I decided not to watch Bob's Burgers just from the commercials ahead of time....
Yep.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Idoit40fans wrote:Yeah, Arrested Development could have easily left me angry that it went off the air, but then I saw the third season and realized that it had played itself out.
the 3rd season wasn't as good as the other 2, but it still blows almost every other network comedy on TV out of the water.
Point Breeze Penguins
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Point Breeze Penguins »

Idoit40fans wrote:
Yep.
It has potential. That is all I'll say.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

shmenguin wrote:
the 3rd season wasn't as good as the other 2, but it still blows almost every other network comedy on TV out of the water.
I don't agree.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

Physical_Graffiti wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:Welp, Showtime is ready to dig its claws into me a bit further tonight. Californication is back, as well as few other new series I'll check out. But I'll keep Showtime just for Californication.

Eastbound and Down, Entourage, Clone High, Mission Hill, and Undergrads?
I've watched Eastbound and Down and Entourage already. Mission Hill sounds intriguing.... anything like Life and Times of Tim (if you've seen that)?