TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: TV Shows

Post by PensFanInDC »

oops
Last edited by PensFanInDC on Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I thoroughly enjoyed the black sails finale. Cant wait for next season.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Maybe been mentioned, but MST3K is coming back in some form for a 3-part miniseries on National Geographic.

http://screenrant.com/mystery-science-t ... -new-show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

blackjack68 wrote:Maybe been mentioned, but MST3K is coming back in some form for a 3-part miniseries on National Geographic.

http://screenrant.com/mystery-science-t ... -new-show/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oh man. Can't wait.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

relantel wrote:Grey's... kind of ho-hum episode to me.
most of the current season has been this way. I'd probably stop watching but I feel like I've come this far so I might as well see it through. boy is it going to suck next season when there's no Yang.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

30 for 30 on the big east was quite good
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

shoeshine boy wrote:
most of the current season has been this way. I'd probably stop watching but I feel like I've come this far so I might as well see it through. boy is it going to suck next season when there's no Yang.
Hadn't heard that previously but I think that could help the show quite a bit, addition by subtraction. I think it went quite stale when they killed off Sloan. And they need the fresh Hunt from his first season on there. (And too bad Combat Hospital got the axe after one season... damn ABC. Heard it was a #1 rated show in Canada but it was too cost-prohibitive to film without the American partner ABC)
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

shoeshine boy wrote:
Spoiler:
Isaiah Washington coming back to sweep her off her feet...?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

relantel wrote: Hadn't heard that previously but I think that could help the show quite a bit, addition by subtraction. I think it went quite stale when they killed off Sloan. And they need the fresh Hunt from his first season on there. (And too bad Combat Hospital got the axe after one season... damn ABC. Heard it was a #1 rated show in Canada but it was too cost-prohibitive to film without the American partner ABC)
they're going to need to find someone as entertaining as Sandra Oh to keep it good. doesn't need to be and shouldn't be a Yang-clone but Sandra Oh totally made that role. the fact that she's never won an Emmy is a testament to what a farce those awards have become.
I don't care for Hunt but I'm not sure if it's the character or the actor. and I agree whole-heartedly that killing Sloan off was a mistake.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Amazing Race is one of the few TV shows I watch live, and often I find myself watching The Good Wife, which is on directly following tAR.

The Good Wife is a quality network TV show, excellently cast, with superb writing as well. Big, big, big plot twist last night...But I digress...it's a good show, check it out sometime.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

blackjack68 wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
Spoiler:
I haven't heard how she's going away but that could be entertaining......
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

shoeshine boy wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
Spoiler:
I haven't heard how she's going away but that could be entertaining......
Spoiler:
His return has been confirmed, so it's very likely.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

I just Netflix binge-watched Breaking Bad.... Wow what a show, so disappointed in myself for not watching when it was on TV
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

blackjack68 wrote:
Spoiler:
His return has been confirmed, so it's very likely.
Now that could make things interesting again, unless it is a one-off guest appearance in which case it better be the series finale.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I'm catching up on HIMYM, working through Season 8. I almost turned it off during the first 5 episodes or so. Nothing wrecks a show/jumps a shark like main characters having a baby. I'm 9 episodes in and it's finally back on track.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

dodint wrote:I'm catching up on HIMYM, working through Season 8. I almost turned it off during the first 5 episodes or so. Nothing wrecks a show/jumps a shark like main characters having a baby. I'm 9 episodes in and it's finally back on track.
Yeah, I didn't like season 8 that much. It had some good episodes, but you could tell they were slow playing until they figured out whether that was the last season or they were going to get a 9th season. I remember reading an article where the producer pretty much said the first half of the season, they didn't know if that was the last season or not and tried to keep options open to have a quick wrap, or drag it to get one more season.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

That makes sense, thanks. The tone definitely shifted once they got on track. I think the Godparents game show episode might be the worst of the entire series. Felt more like a That 70s Show episode.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

So Kelso finally ended up with Jackie after all. Hrmpf.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

dodint wrote:That makes sense, thanks. The tone definitely shifted once they got on track. I think the Godparents game show episode might be the worst of the entire series. Felt more like a That 70s Show episode.
If they didn't speak in rhymes the entire episode, it's not the worst one
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Loaf31 wrote:I just Netflix binge-watched Breaking Bad.... Wow what a show, so disappointed in myself for not watching when it was on TV
I need to do this with a couple of shows, Breaking bad being one of them.

I'm just excited a new Blacklist is coming on in an hour.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Im firmly of the belief that good shows should be binge watched...breaking bad is a great example...i enjoyed it way more when i was catching up than letting it be broken up week at a time.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I binged Sons of Anarchy through Season 4, and have been watching them week to week ever since. The binging might have been more immersive but by watching week to week it allows me to enjoy it with my wife. Kind of like the Blacklist, that's practically a weekly date for us.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

We binged a season and a half of HoW and then watched the rest of season 2...a few episodes into 3 i stopped watching because i hated waiting each week. A show has to be a throwaway comedy like new girl for me to watch it week by week.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

dodint wrote:I binged Sons of Anarchy through Season 4, and have been watching them week to week ever since. The binging might have been more immersive but by watching week to week it allows me to enjoy it with my wife. Kind of like the Blacklist, that's practically a weekly date for us.
Agent Kean on Blacklist makes me fear for our national security. She's a horrible agent. Love the show though. Thank God for Spader.