*** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** Wars of Beleriand Game Thread ***

Post by MRandall25 »

I still don't see how what I was doing was considered a meltdown...

People must be grasping at straws to get back to the good old days, apparently.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

MRandall25 wrote:I still don't see how what I was doing was considered a meltdown...

People must be grasping at straws to get back to the good old days, apparently.
It wasn't so much of a meltdown as it was you just talking way too much.

What's that old saying? You were given two ears and one mouth so you should listen twice as much as you speak.

It's like you were given half an ear and 6 mouths.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

slappybrown wrote:I SHOT CRANKSHAFT IN THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE

I WAS THE HEAD OF OUR FACTION

WE ARE THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY WON BECAUSE OUR ENTIRE TEAM -- ME, TWC, DODINT, AND BGMCK -- ARE ALL ALIVE

WE THE GREATEST
Pffft. We all lived too.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Kaizer wrote:

WE ARE THE ONES WHO ACTUALLY WON BECAUSE OUR ENTIRE TEAM -- ME, TWC, DODINT, AND BGMCK -- ARE ALL ALIVE

WE THE GREATEST
Pffft. We all lived to.
I SAID WE ARE THE ONES WHO WON
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

From the start of the game, MRandall was sending me like 12 PMs every hour about the game, and by the 5th one I just stopped reading them and started drinking. It actually caused physical pain for me to read them. As soon as there was some heat on me, I just figured I wanted to get out of the game as quickly as possible, but also screw him over in the process. Missionaccomplished.jpeg
Last edited by shafnutz05 on Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

slappybrown wrote:
Kaizer wrote:

WE THE GREATEST
Pffft. We all lived to.
I SAID WE ARE THE ONES WHO WON
I knew we should have shot slappy last night instead of twc...
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:From the start of the game, MRandall was sending me like 12 PMs every hour about the game, and by the 5th one I just stopped reading them and started drinking. It actually caused physical pain for me to read them. As soon as there was some heat on me, I just figured I wanted to get out of the game as quickly as possible, but also screw him over in the process. Missionaccomplished.jpeg
Kinda sheisty wouldn't you say?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

shafnutz05 wrote:From the start of the game, MRandall was sending me like 12 PMs every hour about the game, and by the 5th one I just stopped reading them and started drinking.
This is what its like to play with NAN. Non-stop PMs.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:From the start of the game, MRandall was sending me like 12 PMs every hour about the game, and by the 5th one I just stopped reading them and started drinking. It actually caused physical pain for me to read them. As soon as there was some heat on me, I just figured I wanted to get out of the game as quickly as possible, but also screw him over in the process. Missionaccomplished.jpeg
It was a joke. Although once MRandall started calling me an idiot approximately 16 times a page after my death, I went from feeling somewhat bad about it to cheering for his demise.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I was in the group with dagny, obhave and MWB. Our one kill we shot mrandall the 2nd time he was protected.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

lol OK shad.

What's the point of having people who can communicate via PM if you don't communicate?

Edit: nevermind.

And what did you expect, shad? I had to distance myself from you. That was an incredibly dumb play, probably dumber than anything I've ever done in Warz (and that's saying something).
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Shad roleclaimed my character. Wrong color, obviously.

Thanks to Blind Guardian for teaching me that the Curse of Feanor runs long, thus shaping my assumptions that they were bad.

My only concern was whether or not the blue faction was good or not.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:
It was a joke. Although once MRandall started calling me an idiot approximately 16 times a page after my death, I went from feeling somewhat bad about it to cheering for his demise.
I think our family PMd the right amount. We talked a lot but not too much.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Thanks again to redwill for running a clean game. No one broke up the bar and unless you ended up dead, you got to leave the place without being lead out in handcuffs.

The team I was on were perfect mentors. Just enough communication to see how the flow of these games go.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Thanks Shad :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Here are the PMs.

There's more details that I'll get to later, but you may chew on this stuff for now, if you like.

-------------------------

You are the House of Fingolfin. Your goal is the defeat of The Enemy. However, although that is your sole goal, it may not be enough to win. There are other forces at work.

All of you may freely communicate via PM.

Kaizer - Fingolfin, son of Finwë
- You are the House's limited Killer. You may first kill on Night 3, then only when the mod tells you. You may not save kills. If you do not kill, the kill is lost.

Zarovich - Fingon, son of Fingolfin
- You are the House's Guardian. You may protect anyone on ODD Nights, starting with Night 1.

Willie Kool - Turgon, son of Fingolfin, Lord of Gondolin
- You have two special powers: You are hidden from investigations (seer attempts) AND you cannot be killed at night.

PensFanInDC - Finrod Felagund of the House of Finarfin, Lord of Nargothrond
- You are the House's Seer. You may investigate another player on EVEN Nights, starting with Night 2. You may also have another task, if conditions are met.

-------------------------------

You are The Enemy. Your goal is the total destruction of the Eldar (i.e., everyone else) in Beleriand.

mac5155 - Morgoth, The Black Enemy of the World
- You cannot be killed at night. Also, if you are investigated (seered), you will CAPTURE the investigator. Finally, you possess one of the three SILMARILS. The importance of this may eventually come to light.

Troy Loney - Sauron, Chief Lieutenant of Morgoth
- You are the SEER of The Enemy. You may investigate anyone every ODD Night, starting with Night 1. Also, you are hidden from other investigations (seers).

ulf - Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs
- You are the Guardian of The Enemy. You may protect anyone on ODD Nights, starting with Night 1.

canaan - Glaurung, Father of Dragons
- You are the limited Killer of The Enemy. You may first kill on Night 2, then only when the mod tells you. HOWEVER: on any Night, but only ONCE, you may ASSASSINATE a player. Only ONCE. That player will die regardless of any protection. If you do so, you will forfeit your next kill opportunity. Be advised, however, that it is your Doom that if you attempt to kill one particular player, unknown to you, then you will die also. This does not apply to an ASSASSINATION, only a kill. You may save your ASSASSINATION, but you may not save kills. If you do not kill, the kill is lost.

-------------------------------

You are Men of the Houses of the Edain. Your goal is the defeat of The Enemy. However, although that is your sole goal, it may not be enough to win. There are other forces at work.

slappybrown - Barahir of the House of Bëor
- You are the leader of the the Elf-Friends. You have a special power which will be revealed to you if the conditions are right.

the wicked child - Beren One-Handed, son of Barahir.
- You are the SEER of the Houses of the Edain. You may investigate anyone on EVEN Nights, starting with Night 2. You also have a secret power which may reveal itself if the conditions are right. Finally, you possess one of the three SILMARILS. The importance of this may eventually come to light.

BigMcK - Hurin of the House of Hador
- You are the mightiest warrior of all the races of Men. You are the Guardian of the Houses of the Edain. You may protect anyone on EVEN Nights, starting with Night 2.

dodint - Turin Turambar, son of Hurin, Master of Doom
- You are the limited Killer of the Houses of the Edain. As Men came late to Beleriand, you may first kill on Night 5, then only when the mod tells you. You may not save kills. If you do not kill, the kill is lost. You also have a special power which may reveal itself if the conditions are right.

---------------------------------

You are the House of Fëanor, The Dispossessed. Your goal is two-fold: You must defeat The Enemy AND recover the three Silmarils.

The holders of the three Silmarils are hidden, but will be revealed to you if you successfully investigate (seer) the holder. You gain possession of a Silmaril if any one of you participate in a successful kill (day or night) of the holder, even if you did not know that person held a Silmaril.

Achieving success in ONE of your two goals accomplishes nothing. You must defeat The Enemy AND recover the Silmarils.

MRandall25 - Maedhros, son of Fëanor
- You have two special powers: If you are killed (day or night), you will be automatically protected ONCE. Also, given certain conditions which are hidden to you at this time, you may be able to form the Union of Maedhros with a few other Elves.

Sam's Drunk Dog - Maglor, son of Fëanor
- You are the House's Guardian. You may protect anyone on EVEN Nights, starting with Night 2.

Crankshaft - Celegorm the Hunter, son of Fëanor
- You are the House's Seer. You may investigate any player on ODD nights, starting with Night 1.

shafnutz05 - Curufin, son of Fëanor
- You are the House's limited Killer. You may first kill on Night 1, then only when the mod tells you. You may not save kills. If you do not kill, the kill is lost.

-----------------------------------

You are the Sindarin Elves of the Hidden Realm of Doriath. Your goal is the defeat of The Enemy. However, although that is your sole goal, it may not be enough to win. There are other forces at work.

obhave - Elu Thingol, King of Doriath
- You are the Seer of Doriath. You may investigate anyone every ODD Night, starting with Night 1. You also have a special power which may reveal itself if the conditions are right.

MWB - Luthien Tinuviel, daughter of Thingol
- You are the Guardian of the House of Thingol. You may protect anyone on ODD Nights, starting with Night 1. You also have a secret power which may reveal itself if the conditions are right. Finally, you possess one of the three SILMARILS. The importance of this may eventually come to light.

dagny - Dior Eluchíl, Thingol's Heir
- If any SILMARILS are lost, they come to you. This may be a blessing or a curse.

relantel - Beleg Strongbow
- You are the limited Killer of Doriath. You may first kill on Night 4, then only when the mod tells you. You may not save kills. If you do not kill, the kill is lost.

------------------------------------

CBear3 was randomly chosen as the odd man out. No name, no role.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Crankshaft wrote:
obhave wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Kaizer wrote:The way you explained it, combined with shaf lying wasnt conducive to your survival.
I mean, I knew I was boned from the start with shad's horrific attempt at lying.

It got frustrating, for me, when people assumed orange = bad (as in normal Warz stuff and not redwill's idea). At that point, I had to pretty much say everything I knew in an attempt to convince you guys we weren't bad, but people weren't really looking past the color.
At some point it wasnt about the color. It was your second goal that mattered. You had one, others didnt (blues and greens).

Randall's meltdown aside, I still don't agree with you re: that day vote. You have 17 people alive at that time. There was nothing urgent about that day vote.
I needed people to not vote mwb, so i made it more urgent than it was. Plus we attempted to kill him and it didnt work at night, so i wanted him out of the way so as to not waste another kill.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

obhave wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
Kaizer wrote:The way you explained it, combined with shaf lying wasnt conducive to your survival.
I mean, I knew I was boned from the start with shad's horrific attempt at lying.

It got frustrating, for me, when people assumed orange = bad (as in normal Warz stuff and not redwill's idea). At that point, I had to pretty much say everything I knew in an attempt to convince you guys we weren't bad, but people weren't really looking past the color.
At some point it wasnt about the color. It was your second goal that mattered. You had one, others didnt (blues and greens).
This. My house didn't have a mission and yours did, and since things I don't understand are scary, twc and I got together and decided MR25 and his ilk needed to go.

twc was our seer, I've known for a long time who PFiDC was, as well as MWB. We tried to see WK with the first see, and it came back blank, and we almost killed him for it.

I used my only kill to kill Troy Loney, a red, on Night 5. It was right when we pushed the vote to mac and got him lynched. Was frustrating having so much success like that and not being able to be boastful outside of the house.

Was fun having BigMcK in the crew, since it was his 2nd game, and my 3rd, so I felt like I knew more than someone for once. ;) I wanted to shoot him myself when that one vote got close, mac/mwb I think, and he voted for the wrong person and made me out MWB. That's my biggest regret of the game, but it worked out and no one seemed to notice. I think one or two folks thought I was overprotecting BigMcK (who is my Dad in the game, derp) and caught on, but not enough to matter. I didn't have a single vote on me during the game. My character, Turin Turambar, son of Hurin, Master of Doom killed canaan on Day 1 but other than voting for canaan I didn't have a direct part in it.

Again, redwill, awesome time. Really bent my brain with this the first few days. Thanks again.

PFiDC and I talked about doing a Revolutionary Warz for a bit, maybe even better now that TURN is on TV. I have been kicking around a SpeedRacer themed game in my head for a few weeks, too. Maybe I'll get one of those off the ground this fall when I take a break from school.

Oh, and slappy shot Crankshaft in the face the same night I killed Troy Loney. Awesome house.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MRandall25 wrote:That was an incredibly dumb play, probably dumber than anything I've ever done in Warz (and that's saying something).
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

redwill wrote:CBear3 was randomly chosen as the odd man out. No name, no role.
It took until slappy was revealed before I realized that in all likelihood I was playing the game solo.
A bit confusing on an island, but there were several players (Zaro, MR, and WK especially) that brought the subject material into the thread and helped me form a more complete picture of the game. Thanks for that.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

not really into that format, pretty much impossible for "bad" guys to win.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I feel like the game would've been much different if canaan hadn't been jacked the first go round.

If mac had captured someone would the captor have turned red? If so and I were mac, I would've talked and talked and talked trying to get folks to look at me.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

You guys were extremely unlucky.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Willie Kool wrote:Don't like that random.org

Lynch Shad
I thought this was funny, because this random.org had me at the exact bottom after I was saved from the WWII random.org shaf did, which had me at the top. Wasn't sure if shaf would care enough to give a little wink like that.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

dodint wrote:I feel like the game would've been much different if canaan hadn't been jacked the first go round.

If mac had captured someone would the captor have turned red? If so and I were mac, I would've talked and talked and talked trying to get folks to look at me.

He wanted to get looked at...but when all the different factions outed themselves and it was clear that everyone had a role and was clearly not possible to say "i'm just a blue". I looked at it like, welp, i'd have to research the book and find a role for myself...not going to do that.