GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: GIVE ME YOUR BEER SUGGESTIONS!!

Post by columbia »

columbia wrote:I guess this could be cross posted in the beer thread:

[youtube][/youtube]
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I'm 0% macro the past two or so years. Once I started trying to eat better and watch my calories, I feel like its just a waste of calories. It's not good, and I can't remember the last time I drank macro to get drunk, so, just no reason to drink it. On a rare occasion I guess I'll get a couple PBR pounders at Altar Bar during a show.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Wow. Just saw the Budweiser ad... no idea what the point of that was, other than an expensive dig on craft beer drinkers... for no apparent reason. Exactly no one is going to have their choice of beer affected by it. Craft beer drinkers aren't going to stop drinking craft beers, and Bud drinkers already have no taste buds. :p

I drink pretty much zero in the way of macros. The only time I do so is if I find myself in a party/bar situation where there are no alternatives... and in said situations, I might not drink at all, depending on what the choices may be... and that would never include Bud.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I will admit that after drinking 2 craft beers tonight at OTB, I moved to Yuengling because it was 2 dollars.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

If you do that more often over the next 45 years, the retired version of yourself will be thankful.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I got an e-mail from a place that I have ordered beer stuff from in the past advertising their newest beer kit:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/peac ... Resistance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

count2infinity wrote:I got an e-mail from a place that I have ordered beer stuff from in the past advertising their newest beer kit:

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/peac ... Resistance" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Do you usually use kits or from scratch?
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

count2infinity wrote:I got an e-mail from a place that I have ordered beer stuff from in the past advertising their newest beer kit:

^^^ Liberal pansy
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I do mostly extract brewing now, just do to my set-up limitations (I don't want to buy all the equipment, since I'll be doing a huge move within the next year-year and a half). But you can do a ton of customization through specialty grains, hops, and yeast that it still feels like yours. A lot of the time it is cheaper to buy the kits, rather than ingredients individually so I normally find a kit that's close to what I want to make and then adjust add ons from there.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

[youtube][/youtube]
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

My Name Is David Chang, and I Hate Fancy Beer
http://www.gq.com/life/food/201410/davi ... cheap-beer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

what a weird article... dude puts ice in his white wine, and doesn't drink coffee "because there is this great stuff called Diet Coke that has plenty of caffeine". Should have just stopped reading there. I agree though that on a hot summer day, an ice cold light beer is appropriate.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

count2infinity wrote: I agree though that on a hot summer day, an ice cold light beer is appropriate.
I'd rather just drink a glass of water. So many better options come to mind for a hot day.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

eddysnake wrote:
count2infinity wrote: I agree though that on a hot summer day, an ice cold light beer is appropriate.
I'd rather just drink a glass of water. So many better options come to mind for a hot day.
I like the bubbles when it's hot. Cold, bubbly, light... light beers are perfect.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I agree with his general idea that 1.) it's nice to have a very cold beer with your meal and 2.) quality rarely matters in that situation.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I rather drink water than beer flavored water.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

lol I can enjoy a cold light macro on a hot summer day just as much as I enjoy a solid craft curled up in a chair on a winter's night. Although that's definitely shots fired from the dopes at AB.
KennyTheKangaroo
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by KennyTheKangaroo »

Bud deserves props. If there is one thing you cab take away from being a yinzer, it is never to be ashamed of who you are or how you can't pronounce words correctly. Don't apologize for who you ae budwieser.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

ST Tripel Cafe was really good. I've been enjoying their belgian series
Allagash Saison was good, nothing special. Wasn't bad, but seemed pretty ordinary to me.
Terrapin Moo Hoo is a great beer to end the night with

looking forward to breaking out my new Icelandic boneware for this years cow and coyote hunt. Should hold a bomber of a heavy stout perfectly for all day drinking in the snow:
Spoiler:
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Found Wolaver's Organic Oatmeal Stout at my MD yesterday. Going to give it a try over the weekend.

I like their other beers, so I'm hoping this will be good.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Regardless of the selection to drink, I find it almost impossible to enjoy drinking a beer straight from the bottle. Gotta have that cup.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

I'm a really big fan of Sam Smith chocalate stout. I had one last night after I drank a Southern Tier Choklat. It tasted like watered down hot cocoa. I was a little taken back at how much a difference going from one to the other. Also surprised to see how bitter the ST is out of a bottle compared to draft. I believe Choklat is becoming my favorite winter drink. It so nice how it warms you up. For a dessert beer, it's very easy to drink.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Raison D'Extra hitting me hard right now. I'm gonna miss being this close to DFH.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Pretty excited, wife picked up a nice variety of beers I haven't gotten to try yet in the mixer at Wegman's. First up, 2Xpresso by Southern Tier. I didn't even know this beer existed until she relayed it on the phone. Have to say, it does not disappoint. I was a little bit skeptical when I saw it was also brewed with lemon peels, but surprisingly it is very well-balanced and works extremely well. Outstanding coffee (milk) stout.

Coming up later, Sierra Nevada Beer Camp, Stoudt's Fourplay IPA, and one I am very keen to try, Laurelwood Workhorse IPA. I have never even heard of Laurelwood, let alone this beer, but it looks to be quite good.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Workhorse IPA? Wow is this fantastic....great west coast IPA, you can definitely taste the galaxy and citra hops in there. Can't get over how well-balanced this is at 7.5%