Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by shmenguin »

i wish i could add threads to my foe list.

seriously, he was never going to sign here. no. matter. what.

this is 350 pages of moot
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr top 10 in scoring, thought I would post this here now before he drops off since the Flyers only play once in the next week. I am banking on this being the last time Jagr ever is in the top 10 in scoring.

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I'm actually more impressed that he's plus 6
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

It sickens me that he is in a Phi uniform...it also shocks me that he has 15p in 14g...

In a strange way I want to root for him, but I can't and won't.

Completely OT but...is anyone else just constantly amazed by Teemu Selanne? I mean, 14p in 14g for a guy who is 41!! Good lord.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jagr, though, still came to Philadelphia without any preconceived expectations or thoughts about what he might be able to accomplish as a 39-year-old who hadn't played in the NHL since 2008.

He just wanted to see if he could make it work at this level again after spending three seasons in the KHL.

"Good or bad, I was going to play through it," Jagr said. "That's why I didn't expect anything. No matter if it was bad or good, I wanted to play."

So far it's been all good for Jagr, who is playing well and cementing opinions of himself to others.

For instance, Laviolette had no idea that Jagr was such a preparation nut.

"The way he trains, the time he puts in to prepare himself to play, I don't think you get to see that when you're on the opposing bench," he said.

That work ethic has rubbed off on the Flyers' younger players like Giroux and James van Riemsdyk.

"When he came here I didn't know what to expect," Giroux said. "But when he came here he was the one that worked the hardest and gave the young players like me and van Riemsdyk a wake-up call to see that if we wanted to be one of the best we had to work at it, that it wasn't just going to come."

Voracek is happy to report that the image he had of Jagr when he was a child who used to hang posters of No. 68 on his bedroom walls matches what he now sees from his favorite player and teammate.

"I think we click pretty well," Voracek told NHL.com. "We live pretty close to each other so we keep in touch every day off the ice, as well. It's very cool to be with him."

Hartnell commented after a recent game that he still finds it surreal that Jagr is even on his team.

"That hasn't worn off yet," he said. "It's fun."

Jagr himself looks to be having a blast, as well. That much was obvious Tuesday after the Flyers came off the ice after practice.

Jagr and Voracek were laughing and telling jokes in their native tongue. Jagr was smiling and having fun with the Flyers' equipment managers. He even joked about the upcoming Flyers-Rangers Alumni Game that will be played Dec. 31 at Citizens Bank Park.

"They probably thought I was going to play in that game," Jagr said, laughing at his own joke. "I surprised everybody. Obviously I wasn't invited for that game. So I chose to play in the NHL game."

"His smile when he plays the game is almost infectious," Laviolette said. "He's happy to be here. He's happy to be a Flyer. He's having a terrific start to the season. And he shows by the way he smiles."
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=599531" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SoupOrSam
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by SoupOrSam »

Puke.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

the world is in a weird place when jaromir jagr becomes an influence on work ethic to other players.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:I'm actually more impressed that he's plus 6
:shock: :?:

Really?? He has 15 points in 14 games... when you're doing all the scoring its not hard to explain...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Pitt87 wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:I'm actually more impressed that he's plus 6
:shock: :?:

Really?? He has 15 points in 14 games... when you're doing all the scoring its not hard to explain...
So, let's take a look at Jagr's last year with the Rangers (his most recent NHL season)

Season. Team. Lea. Gam. Gls. Ast. Pts. PIM. +/-
2007-08 New York Rangers NHL 82 25 46 71 58 8

Jagr played in all 82 games and had 71 points - similar to this years pace ( he's got 15 points in 15 games, not 14 )

However his plus minus for the entire season in 07-08 was +8 (according to HockeyDB.com)

So yes, his attention to doing what needs to be done in his own end of the ice is much better this year than it was in his last full NHL season.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

canaan wrote:the world is in a weird place when jaromir jagr becomes an influence on work ethic to other players.
Is it really that weird? Jagr was always a hardworking player. He was just a head case, which tended to distract from his positive traits.
swflyers8
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by swflyers8 »

No thoughts on Talbot so far? :)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

swflyers8 wrote:No thoughts on Talbot so far? :)
He's playing out of his mind. :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Fast B wrote:
canaan wrote:the world is in a weird place when jaromir jagr becomes an influence on work ethic to other players.
Is it really that weird? Jagr was always a hardworking player. He was just a head case, which tended to distract from his positive traits.
Probably the best two sentence summation of Jaromor Jagrs career that I've read.

Good work.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Fast B wrote:
Probably the best two sentence summation of Jaromor Jagrs career that I've read.

Good work.
I aim to please. :lol:

I was always a huge fan of Jagr on the ice, but the guy is what he is.
Bill
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Bill »

the youtube video of this that was on empty netters was down, so i thought i'd post this here

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2011/11/ ... to-boo-me/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Jagr's column for "isport.cz" . For some strange reason, the website cannot be translated via Google Translate directly, so here is the link to the article in Czech followed by the Google translation cut-and-pasted directly into the translator:

http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/blogy-red ... upili.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have had in the NHL such an unusual week. If I sum up with some exaggeration, so we not train, but then suddenly we were playing twice in two days. The fact that we played, namely count and match with Tampa Bay last Wednesday where we fell 1-2 after extra time.

But I take a day off because the Lightning team devised a new system, no one could not think. At first there so we just stood about five minutes, nothing happened. Actually we had a day off ...

Tampa just such a style of play, just waiting for the opponent to not attack anyone. Rather, it concretes and three stands in the middle zone. But it's her choice, everyone can play, as it may, no one she can prescribe something. And if it's good for hockey? That's another question ...

I think that even we can solve it totally differently. If I was our coach, I would certainly is attacking. Especially when standing in the middle of three courses - if you reach back for the puck and in two or three players you move, you have no chance to stop.

But one has to listen to, nothing can be done. Forward we suspected, how they play, so it was about who the coaches will have stronger nerves. It was such their chess game.

Karpov Kasparov at the time of its greatest glory hesitated half an hour to do a move. This time, fortunately, did not take that long, but equally you could say that we have players on the ice were just as figurines.

I do not think that the part of Tampa's too smart to play this at home. I do not know what a game would say our fans if we did them before something like this.

But it's their thing, they play so passively. It was just one match, one has to forget and move on. Now it's more or less in the rush of games in a season that we lost.

Then we had two days completely ice-free even without training, we spent it in teambuilding events in Florida. We had a joint activity, we have a nice rest and come to other ideas.

During the summer the team has changed a lot, so it was a matter that we know well and off the ice. As for hockey itself, it does not help anyone, because when one falls out of rhythm, it shows.

But again, this can create a better bunch, so it is generally beneficial. Although I must say that I was after that break in Sunday's game with Florida, which we won 3-2, felt awful legs did not ride much.

And even worse I waited in Carolina, against which we got in last night. Especially for me, because I used a lot of practice. When it opened up the season in such a pause, difficult to compare the with it.

But nothing can be done. I remember that even before the Rangers we had something like that, we were with the whole team on a military base in West Point, we played at being soldiers. But always it was in training camp, during the season I experienced such a joint action for the first time.

Today football players are emerging in Black Mountain. I'll keep them crossed for the EURO advanced, have a great shooter.

The first game I've seen, somehow escaped me that they play. I hope they did not coach Bilek two days off, as I did. Perhaps it neodkoukali from us, I would definitely recommend them. In this case, in Montenegro it was damn hot cruel ...
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

His English sucks :pop:
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

This was a couple of weeks ago but how about TSN's headline "Moves Like Jagr" after the game in which he scored his first two goals? Fantastic headline.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

André wrote:This was a couple of weeks ago but how about TSN's headline "Moves Like Jagr" after the game in which he scored his first two goals? Fantastic headline.
tsn also had "moves like malkin" as the highlight title for that goal against varlamov. the Jagr one was appropriate--the latter, not so much
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Jagr suffered a "lower body" injury last night during the game against Phoenix. Possible groin pull.
ffemtreed
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by ffemtreed »

llipgh2 wrote:Jagr suffered a "lower body" injury last night during the game against Phoenix. Possible groin pull.

Ahw poor baby puffnutz has a groin pull..... too bad it took this long to happen.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Another Jagr's "Comeback" (the name of his blogs for iSport.cz). Topics: Crosby & Giroux

Original:
http://isport.blesk.cz/clanek/blogy-red ... na-ne.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Google translation:
http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... 26hl%3D3ed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(The Google translated page us not formatted well. The reason is that isport.cz has some issues with Google Translate, and so one has to use a proxy server to get the translation (I used http://www.freeproxyserver.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). If somebody can find a server that will work for the translations and will keep the formats, pictures, etc. - definitely post it here. I'll use it for transtation of all Jagr's future blogs.)

Also:
Interview with Jagr where he describes the groin injury:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... 51ei5odG1s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

and "Comeback of Jaromir Jagr" blogs archive:
http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... phZ3I%253D" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

[youtube][/youtube]

Or, if you want to read it instead:
Meantime, Jagr hung around with the stragglers for another 15 minutes given nothing but refreshingly honest, analytical responses with some humor sprinkled in.
The best stuff came last.
Two days before Thanksgiving, Jagr was asked to talk about some of the things that he’s thankful for having.
He sometimes digests questions for a few seconds to think of a good answer, but needed no time here.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/articl ... ext|Flyers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Tomas wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

Or, if you want to read it instead:
Meantime, Jagr hung around with the stragglers for another 15 minutes given nothing but refreshingly honest, analytical responses with some humor sprinkled in.
The best stuff came last.
Two days before Thanksgiving, Jagr was asked to talk about some of the things that he’s thankful for having.
He sometimes digests questions for a few seconds to think of a good answer, but needed no time here.
http://www.courierpostonline.com/articl ... ext|Flyers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I was kinda hoping I'd feel better towards Jagr after watching that...

... Nope nothing.
Tomas
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Tomas »

Jagr has become the spokeperson of Czech gaming company "Sazka" (formerly the undisputed market leader, but now emerging from the bankruptcy). Here is the first commercial:
[youtube][/youtube]

"I have received a lot of offers in my life. In most cases, I said 'no.' Before I start to play for some team, I need to be sure that I can rely on it. I play with Sazka, because I believe them."

The making of:

[youtube][/youtube]

But more importantly, later this week, Sazka will start running a new spot where Jagr will be:

Last edited by Tomas on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.