Other NHL games

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Other NHL games

Post by largegarlic »

I watched the 2nd and 3rd periods of the Philly/Montreal game. It was the first time I've seen Montreal play this year, and they look like they're for real. They don't have any superstars, but seem really well-organized with good speed and physicality throughout the line-up. It makes me miss FHCMT a bit.

Philly, on the other hand, looked pretty dreadful...like the Pens on their bad days...disorganized, turnover-prone, and last to every puck. I didn't even notice Giroux until he slashed a Montreal d-man right before the end of the game.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

shmenguin wrote:
Rylan wrote:
columbia wrote:
Rylan wrote:Who didn't during that game?
I won't indulge you in that conversation.
The answer is obvious.
I am saying it was team-wide. He had to do his part whether we as Pens fans like it or not.
I'm not sure I saw Grabner or Streit or Nielsen taking baseball swings at people's ankles.
Edit - streit wasn't playing but I could list several other islanders if you need
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I watched the 2nd and 3rd periods of the Philly/Montreal game. It was the first time I've seen Montreal play this year, and they look like they're for real. They don't have any superstars, but seem really well-organized with good speed and physicality throughout the line-up. It makes me miss FHCMT a bit.

Philly, on the other hand, looked pretty dreadful...like the Pens on their bad days...disorganized, turnover-prone, and last to every puck. I didn't even notice Giroux until he slashed a Montreal d-man right before the end of the game.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

*shrugs* fair point. I maintain an "every hockey player has dirty plays" stance and refuse to allow that to factor into my disdain or liking a player. I certainly can understand people not liking him for certain acts. Just felt like trying to make a case for why I think he is awesome.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Rylan wrote:*shrugs* fair point. I maintain an "every hockey player has dirty plays" stance and refuse to allow that to factor into my disdain or liking a player. I certainly can understand people not liking him for certain acts. Just felt like trying to make a case for why I think he is awesome.
I don't actively hate the guy at least, but I'd be ok if he spent his career toiling in irrelevancy.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

largegarlic wrote:I watched the 2nd and 3rd periods of the Philly/Montreal game. It was the first time I've seen Montreal play this year, and they look like they're for real. They don't have any superstars, but seem really well-organized with good speed and physicality throughout the line-up. It makes me miss FHCMT a bit.

Right now Jeroo looks terrible. I admit celebrating along with my Flyers fan friends when he got the "C"--but for totally different reasons. I'm convinced there's a curse attached to it going back to Lindros.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I can understand that. He was 20 y/o kid, either a rookie or 2nd year, and did a nasty slash. He isn't the first nor the last. Crosby and Malkin have done some similar plays. I just can't condone him for something other players do.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Fair enough. I'll never get over that game though. It's certainly an emotionally based thing, but anyone involved in those shenanigans can go rot.

Plus, he's a little like stamkos in that he's supremely talented but I just don't love watching him play for whatever reason.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Lovejoy looks pretty good playing with da Ducks.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

shmenguin wrote:Fair enough. I'll never get over that game though. It's certainly an emotionally based thing, but anyone involved in those shenanigans can go rot.

Plus, he's a little like stamkos in that he's supremely talented but I just don't love watching him play for whatever reason.
I didn't see a large part of the game so it doesn't bother me as much. Though, that game is the sole reason I want ET to succeed.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

brwi wrote:Lovejoy looks pretty good playing with da Ducks.
The ref's on the other hand...
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Pretty intense OT in Nashville and now heading for the SO. Really good hockey game with two teams skating their butts off and both goaltenders standing tall when challenged.
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

Craig Smith...pretty sweet move there
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

The Oilers are the only Canadian team I will ever root for, such an exciting and fun team to watch.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Lt. Dish wrote:mikey, here's an exercise for you. Weave a fairy tale: What do you think has to happen for Teemu Selanne to come to the Pens as a stop-off before he retires? Use your creativity.
Sometimes life is just unfair...you're not getting what you want two-fold, LD...sorry to say...here's what tired + a moderate amount of alcohol gets you, not much...

Once upon a time
I made an unfairy tale rhyme
The winger you want for the cause
Has a no-movement clause
He wanted to be with Saku
We asked please, he said "no thank you"
So even if Shero was brave
He's got that clause he won't waive
I think he remains a Duck
Which leaves us totally f...eh, I don't know how to finish this, I'm going to bed...
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

mikey287 wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:mikey, here's an exercise for you. Weave a fairy tale: What do you think has to happen for Teemu Selanne to come to the Pens as a stop-off before he retires? Use your creativity.
Sometimes life is just unfair...you're not getting what you want two-fold, LD...sorry to say...here's what tired + a moderate amount of alcohol gets you, not much...

Once upon a time
I made an unfairy tale rhyme
The winger you want for the cause
Has a no-movement clause
He wanted to be with Saku
We asked please, he said "no thank you"
So even if Shero was brave
He's got that clause he won't waive
I think he remains a Duck
Which leaves us totally f...eh, I don't know how to finish this, I'm going to bed...
mikey, may Joe Vitale bless you. Astute, too, as the appeal for creativity was predicated on that irritating NMC. I'll drop the torch until I next have a chance to see a Ducks game. In the meantime, I'll sleep soundly in his shersey. :D

Thank you, too Fire0nIce! (Lot lizard...as if! :lol: )
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Moulson with a G and 3 As tonight.
Puffymuffin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Puffymuffin »

5 goals against and still more than .900 save percentage for Varlamov :shock:
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Rylan wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Fair enough. I'll never get over that game though. It's certainly an emotionally based thing, but anyone involved in those shenanigans can go rot.

I didn't see a large part of the game so it doesn't bother me as much. Though, that game is the sole reason I want ET to succeed.
Same
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

[youtube][/youtube]
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Garbage non call on Hawks for poking Quicks stick away. Led to. Goal. How do they all mss tht.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

DelPen wrote:Garbage non call on Hawks for poking Quicks stick away. Led to. Goal. How do they all mss tht.
I thought they got away with breaking one of the Kings players sticks with a slash right before that. So they had a guy with no stick out there and a goalie with no stick. Blackhawks are very good, but they've also been extremely lucky.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

Seabrook will be talking with a high voice for a while...
profpolisci
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by profpolisci »

...was hoping for a good game but the Kings aren't cooperating
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

The Kings aren't that good this year.