*** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** SLUG WARS I GAME THREAD ***

Post by dagny »

It's been made so obvious that most of you think the Alpha will go after accomplished players, or vets if you like.

So, why would they do that now, knowing that's what most of the village(voters) expect?

Salt JC!
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I just don't see the benefit in getting a quiet person this early and sharing my reasoning behind it. I'm starting to get adamant as all day we have been here with no vote and the majority has changed...what, 5 times now? I'd like to see us get a vote, get a write-up and see where it takes us...not waste an entire day running in circles.[/quote]

Well then who would you like again?[/quote]

My current salt is on canaan. Someone with a LOT of influence and even if he isn't a slug, is in my eyes based on previous nom's...a prime nom target[/quote]

This logic befuddles me. And it's not just you that's been saying this...

Why, as a village, would we want to get rid of someone that we're sure would get nommed? That...just doesn't make sense.[/quote]

jay, I think we just basically said the same thing.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

lol... day 4 started on page 19... we are on page 36. still 4 hours and 40 minutes to go :pop:
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

everyone is afraid to bandwagon on night 4. why?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Senka wrote:everyone is afraid to bandwagon on night 4. why?
dunno...but i'm leavin work soon and won't be nearly as active at home. i'm ready to jump on a bandwagon if we had a clear leader...........

this game makes me tired :face:
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I don't have any great logic to my pick... and I have only had one succesful hunch out of many in the 1+ games I've played. I tried to read through when I got the chance at work, but the insanity that took place makes it very difficult to get a read on anything.

Discussion = good.
Chaos = bad for village, great for slugs.

I am going to unsalt dagny for now since I made that pick hastily without much thought in between craziness at work.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

crayz wrote:My question to those who want Zaro....If Zaro is NOT a slug...what do we learn/gain from salting him? What are the benefits if he is not a slug?

If zaro is simply inactive, which could VERY well be the case...then the chances of him getting nom'd are slim to none...or recruited for that matter. They aren't going to recruit someone who isn't actively playing? Whereas they would someone active and someone who has the ability to impact the vote.

This is why I am sticking with my top 5 for now unless someone can give another reason.....Canaan, dagny, pfidc, juice, or JC...although, I still don't trust npv :pop:
Don't necessarily disagree with you about Zaro, but what do we gain from salting any villager? If we salt shafnutz (or whoever is in the lead right now) and he's not a slug, what benefit do we have there?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

MWB wrote:
crayz wrote:My question to those who want Zaro....If Zaro is NOT a slug...what do we learn/gain from salting him? What are the benefits if he is not a slug?

If zaro is simply inactive, which could VERY well be the case...then the chances of him getting nom'd are slim to none...or recruited for that matter. They aren't going to recruit someone who isn't actively playing? Whereas they would someone active and someone who has the ability to impact the vote.

This is why I am sticking with my top 5 for now unless someone can give another reason.....Canaan, dagny, pfidc, juice, or JC...although, I still don't trust npv :pop:
Don't necessarily disagree with you about Zaro, but what do we gain from salting any villager? If we salt shafnutz (or whoever is in the lead right now) and he's not a slug, what benefit do we have there?
Yeah...we gotta stop pussyfooting around here. It's a sad fact that innocents are going to die for the greater good. At least if we have some salts under our belts, we can look at voting trends, etc. Right now, the village as a whole has NOTHING to go on. It's a problem that happens when you start with 30 people, there are far more regulars than RPers.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

It doesn't matter at this point. The gardener is dead, we won't get any 100% info now. Unless the Mayor/ Bird/ or Sexta gets outted, the slugs are in control.

lynch shafnutz

lynch me, shaf or whoever.

That's 2, Juicy :thumb:
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Well, best of luck, for the rest of this day. I'm off for Hofbrauhaus Tuesday! Woo!

I'll probably definitely be unsober when I return.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

If everyone's ready for a bandwagon, jump on this one to SALT JC............ :D :thumb:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

unsalt canaan
salt shafnutz

only because he has the most votes and i'd like to see his salt someone - i'll go back to my theories next day

shafnutz 7
PFIDC 4
canaan 2
zarovich 3
dagny 2
IrishEyes 1
jose cuervo 1
Juice 1
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Code: Select all

7 shafnutz05
4 PensFanInDC
3 Zarovich
2 canaan
2 dagny
1 IrishEyes 
1 Jose Cuervo 
1 Juice
You guys have about 5 hours to bring that buck shot down to a bullet.

Damn you crayz, sneakin' in there!
Last edited by Corvidae on Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Corvidae wrote:

Code: Select all

shafnutz 7
PFIDC 4
canaan 2
zarovich 3
dagny 2
IrishEyes 1
jose cuervo 1
Juice 1
You guys have about 5 hours to bring that buck shot down to a bullet.
fixed w/ latest
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

:face: :face: :face:

This village is hopeless...I think I have learned my lesson. Those who don't contribute to the game survive the longest (read: Zarovich or wicked child), and anyone that tries to throw out different theories is "confusing" and "sketchy". No one even has a concrete theory worked out as to why I am a slug, except that "I throw a lot of things out there" and "I cause chaos". Next time I will remember to keep my mouth shut and just go with what the popular bandwagon theory is...since that's worked so far :pop:

At least somewhere out there the slugs are laughing...and I am sure I will be too
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kicksave wrote:salt shafnutz05
And amazing that people can make posts like this without even being questioned as to why they are salting someone for apparently no reason. Has anyone even questioned Kicksave this game? Or JC seriously? Or dagny?
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

shafnutz05 wrote:
And amazing that people can make posts like this without even being questioned as to why they are salting someone for apparently no reason. Has anyone even questioned Kicksave this game? Or JC seriously? Or dagny?
I brought up Kicksave... aren't you paying attention?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

shafnutz05 wrote:
People aren't voting for you because of anything I said. They're reading the same things I'm reading.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

the last few people voted for me because of the bandwagon effect...that's fine. I just don't see what the big deal is if a lynch vote ends at 12 hours ? I would rather have a well thought out vote where 7 or 8 different people get voted for salting, then have everyone suddenly switch their votes from who they were thinking to me for the sake of speeding the game along.

I just don't see why everyone is so AFRAID of letting it go the full day. That way, everyone votes for who they REALLY think is the alpha/slug. If the leading vote getter has 8 votes, who cares? That beats mindless bandwagoning anyday.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

shafnutz05 wrote:the last few people voted for me because of the bandwagon effect...that's fine. I just don't see what the big deal is if a lynch vote ends at 12 hours ? I would rather have a well thought out vote where 7 or 8 different people get voted for salting, then have everyone suddenly switch their votes from who they were thinking to me for the sake of speeding the game along.

I just don't see why everyone is so AFRAID of letting it go the full day. That way, everyone votes for who they REALLY think is the alpha/slug. If the leading vote getter has 8 votes, who cares? That beats mindless bandwagoning anyday.
Hey now. The village has won a few games before through mindless bandwagoning. :pop:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

dooooobie doooooobie dooooo
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

how many times has dags said to salt me?

It's obvious she's a slug. Only a slug would be so persistent to salt a villager.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

I don't know what to say.

Whichever poster called this a cluster*pizza* is right.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

dagny wrote:Posted at the exact same time... :shock:

Now, you're really freaking me out.
brain slugs can read my mind...
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

wallflower wrote:I don't know what to say.

Whichever poster called this a cluster*pizza* is right.
:scared: :scared: :scared: