The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by columbia »

nocera wrote:
Hockeynut! wrote:
nocera wrote:As for who is feeding the zombies, my guess is Carl.
I think it's the little girls who were naming the zombies like they were pets in ep 1.
I liked how Carl was losing his humanity. I want him to get back to that.
Or he was gaining it (in the defense of what's left of humanity)?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Either way, I just want him I be interesting. A whole season of "Get back in the house, Carl!" really hurt his character
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

I just realized the actor who plays Carl is no longer freaking horrible. He's not good, but he doesn't ruin the character anymore.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:I just realized the actor who plays Carl is no longer freaking horrible. He's not good, but he doesn't ruin the character anymore.
The boy is all grownz up.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

Finally got to watch Infected; so far, this season has elements of Alexandria and Hilltop from the comic:
Spoiler:
Rick is trying to become a bit more 'normal' again but finds that a normal life is no longer possible, the walkers are becoming 'smart' enough to get through the barriers... I suppose that means that we may meet some new settlements soon.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

There's still some aspects to the prison story they are hitting now. The only thing different is the governor storyline which was totally changed.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

In honor of that last scene....
[youtube][/youtube]
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Meh....kind of a throw away episode.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by WDWBurghGooner »

Marilyn Manson is ruining The Talking Dead. I'm not sure if he is being serious or just winding everybody up.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

WDWBurghGooner wrote:Marilyn Manson is ruining The Talking Dead. I'm not sure if he is being serious or just winding everybody up.
But hes the angel with the scabbed wings hard drug face that wants to powder his nose.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

FreeCandy44 wrote:Meh....kind of a throw away episode.
Disagree. The show is in a good place right now. Need more of this and less cheeseball crap.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

ha, my dvr cut the episode off right at the end before that big reveal...fortunately the re-airing of the episode was just behind my dvr viewing...I would have been lost.

As far as the episode - I am ok with what is going on for the most part...not sure I want both of my medical professionals in the sick house though just because they give a nice speech.

Edit - and that little girl is a bad actress...that bothers me a bit, but she does not get a ton of air time yet so it isn't as annoying as Carl wandering off every 5 seconds.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

WDWBurghGooner wrote:Marilyn Manson is ruining The Talking Dead. I'm not sure if he is being serious or just winding everybody up.
Everyone looked so lost and uncomfortable when he talked.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Spangler wrote:
Not sure if he was trying to hard to sound smart...or just on some stuff...or maybe a combo
stonyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by stonyman »

JeffDFD wrote:
Spangler wrote:
Not sure if he was trying to hard to sound smart...or just on some stuff...or maybe a combo

He was hammered. As the hour went on, he was becoming more and more incoherent. I think at the end they had turned his mic down so you couldn't hear all of the stupid things he was saying. Needless to say, I doubt he will be invited back.
Last edited by stonyman on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I wasn't planning on watching Talking dead anyway, but Marilyn Manson and Jack Osbourne made my decision super simple.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I actually think this was the "scariest" episode of the series so far. There is a simple solution to zombies: don't get bit and try to get away. That virus is scary. No escaping it. No pharmacy to go to. No hospital to check yourself into. The rest of the "colony" can't just up and leave. You're stuck in a prison with the plague on the inside and the walking dead on the outside. Plus the water issue they had. The realness of the situation was very abundant in this episode IMO.

Also, Carol is one cold hard *****.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I'm amazed at this point in the characters lives that

1) There is zero danger of damaging your car by driving at a high speed into a **** ton of zombies, therefore it's perfectly fine to worry about CD's and other cool things instead of paying attention to the road and the possible encounter with 1000+ zombies.

2) It's acceptable to not pay attention at all to zombies who are 30 feet away from you when you are outside the fence. Sure they can keep up with you as you run full speed, but you have plenty of time to get off that bridge when they are just feet away from you, therefore finish screwing on that hose or whatever the hell was so important that you were doing. A solid choice in "choosing what to risk your life for"
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

What was the final reveal? Last thing I saw was Carol saying she killed the infected people and Rick looking all shocked/confused.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

Hockeynut! wrote:What was the final reveal? Last thing I saw was Carol saying she killed the infected people and Rick looking all shocked/confused.
That was it. My DVR cut out right as Rick was all like..."Carol..."

So I knew I missed something and caught the end where he asked her if she did it and she said yes and walked away.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Any chance Carol lied to cover for that little girl? I think Carol dragged the bodies outside and burned them, but I wouldn't be surprised if the girl was the one who killed them. There was a trail of blood leading to where they were found which means they were already dead when burned.

Also I'm pretty sure that girl was faking being sick to get inside the quarantine. Not sure what's gonna happen there.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

Staggy wrote:Any chance Carol lied to cover for that little girl? I think Carol dragged the bodies outside and burned them, but I wouldn't be surprised if the girl was the one who killed them. There was a trail of blood leading to where they were found which means they were already dead when burned.

Also I'm pretty sure that girl was faking being sick to get inside the quarantine. Not sure what's gonna happen there.
I also thought the little girl was faking (or she isn't very good at act coughing). Not sure why though. I also don't think Glen has the disease. He is sick, but he didn't cough even once like everyone else. He might have regular flu as opposed to what everyone else seems to have.

Are they seriously getting their water from a stream outside the prison that all the dead people walk through? Umm no wonder you are getting sick. This prison seems to be a bit off the road. Does it not have a well?

Zombies by the car seemed to be much slower than previous episodes. There's no way dude in the car makes it out alive. Hard to believe that he makes it and that Andrea got killed by one walker she saw coming at the end of last season. I like how they just make that teenage blond girl take care of the baby all day, every day. Here girl, babies mom died now you get to be mom. Good luck.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Is this a story line in the comics?
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I wish Shane was around to start banging everyone's girlfriends/wives.
WDWBurghGooner
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by WDWBurghGooner »

That scene between Herschel and Carl before they went outside the prison fence seemed really poor and forced.