Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by jaysmiter »

Also, with Zaro...why I think it's important we get this done today and not tomorrow or the next day...

He says that the bad guys can't kill on even nights or whatever...but didn't someone get converted that 2nd night. What if Zaro can convert people every other night or something like that? So, we let him go today and he recruits someone else tonight?
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Do we know for sure what happened on night 2?

I thought a protected player was targeted and thats why malamaniac came out as the angel but no one believed him.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Current Count:

6- zaro (azkar, tfrizz, jay, slappy, cupkeeper, PFIDC)
1- slappy (zaro)

9 to fire
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

jaysmiter wrote:Also, with Zaro...why I think it's important we get this done today and not tomorrow or the next day...

He says that the bad guys can't kill on even nights or whatever...but didn't someone get converted that 2nd night. What if Zaro can convert people every other night or something like that? So, we let him go today and he recruits someone else tonight?
If the pattern holds, there should be 2 kills tonight - with 1 by the town vigilante. Based on what I've seen, I believe the stalkers are killing on the even nights while the paparazzi kill on odd nights.

There are 4 other people I'm suspicious of - and Twisted Wrister who hasn't contributed anything whatsoever - that I could get on board with.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

cup keeper wrote:Do we know for sure what happened on night 2?

I thought a protected player was targeted and thats why malamaniac came out as the angel but no one believed him.
If you read this part of the night 2 write-up, it is a big hint that someone had converted.
crayz wrote: ****BREAKING NEWS FLASH****

TMZ Reports from an anonymous source that there is an Actor that is fed up with the way Hollywood is ran these days and equally fed up with the people in it!
TMZ has its investigators on the story and will continue to report the latest news. You can be sure that once the Actor is identified, TMZ will have it first!
This is much the same as the write-up suggesting a new vigilante in night 3, and confirming it in night 4.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

ok, didn't zarovich come out with literally no heat on him? if he is indeed a bad guy, that makes zero sense.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

bhaw wrote:seriously... why get rid of zaro if we "know" he's bad as everyone seems to think they do. Just set him aside and we can kill him later. just ignore his opinions for now.

I still have slappy and shaf. After the end of the last round, I would say MWB. He was posting occasionally all weekend then after the vote happened he's like "oh, I never had a chance to vote." Seems very weird. Not getting his hands dirty so that we can't pull voting patterns. He had opinions the whole time, but then never voted and chimed in at the end saying who he WOULD have voted for.

I'd say it's between MWB and slappy for me. Thoughts?
Well if we are ignoring Zaro then why be suspicious of Slappy? That's who Zaro is voting for.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

tfrizz wrote:
cup keeper wrote:Do we know for sure what happened on night 2?

If you read this part of the night 2 write-up, it is a big hint that someone had converted.
crayz wrote: ****BREAKING NEWS FLASH****

TMZ Reports from an anonymous source that there is an Actor that is fed up with the way Hollywood is ran these days and equally fed up with the people in it!
TMZ has its investigators on the story and will continue to report the latest news. You can be sure that once the Actor is identified, TMZ will have it first!
This is much the same as the write-up suggesting a new vigilante in night 3, and confirming it in night 4.

Whoops. That was an oversight on my part.

The fact that zaro said kills can't happen on even numbered nights but there was a recruit is interesting. If he is controlling the action on the even numbered nights then its probably a good idea to get rid of him before the next even numbered night.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

PensFanInDC wrote:
bhaw wrote:seriously... why get rid of zaro if we "know" he's bad as everyone seems to think they do. Just set him aside and we can kill him later. just ignore his opinions for now.

I still have slappy and shaf. After the end of the last round, I would say MWB. He was posting occasionally all weekend then after the vote happened he's like "oh, I never had a chance to vote." Seems very weird. Not getting his hands dirty so that we can't pull voting patterns. He had opinions the whole time, but then never voted and chimed in at the end saying who he WOULD have voted for.

Well if we are ignoring Zaro then why be suspicious of Slappy? That's who Zaro is voting for.
I don't think anyone is saying to ignore Zaro...we're just saying that we don't need to vote zaro off to find out his identity....if he survives a night kill than we'll know his identity...are you defending slappy, and if so why?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Troy Loney wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

I don't think anyone is saying to ignore Zaro...we're just saying that we don't need to vote zaro off to find out his identity....if he survives a night kill than we'll know his identity...are you defending slappy, and if so why?
Im not defending anyone.

and:
I don't think anyone is saying to ignore Zaro
really?
I also dont think waiting to see what happens tonight in any way guarantees his ID. What if the baddies just let him live and whack another good guys cause they know we would fire him the next day?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:ok, didn't zarovich come out with literally no heat on him? if he is indeed a bad guy, that makes zero sense.
No he had heat on him, for the same reasons that you claimed I did -- he voted for Malks. He then role claimed "the lawyer" which has been proven demonstrably false.

Also, I think you are underestimating the new way of playing. Because the baddies can have such a diverse range of actions and abilities, its not like the old WW games where you can say hes bad, just ignore him. If he is bad, he can do damage.

Obviously, you are going to vote for me in all likelihood, so I dont expect you to listen to anything I say.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:

Didnt that just happen?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I also dont think waiting to see what happens tonight in any way guarantees his ID. What if the baddies just let him live and whack another good guys cause they know we would fire him the next day?
No it really doesnt...and we can't be predictable as a village....and so we certainly can't say "if you don't die tonight, zaro, we're going to kill you"....but if he is what he says he is, the bad guys are probably going to kill him...thats all we know.

But bhaw is right about ignoring his opinion until we know for sure about him, and him voting for slappy doesn't mean anything about slappy....they can very easily both be bad.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

fire zaro

it really doesnt add up at all in the least...he did probably just come out to stay alive one extra day...and then he came out as soon as teh day started to try and prove his worth and lead teh village astray.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Honestly...at this point, here is who I'd vote for:

Zaro: potentially false claims, asst. shady dealings.
DanH: Has like 7 posts.
TW: Has 0 posts.
Azkar: Has few posts and well, it's tradition.
cupkeeper: Has few posts, but he is posting more. I actually am starting to buy his "works retail" story. That's not to say I couldn't be easily swayed. ha.

Other than that...right now...I'm not sure we have a ton to go on.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

7- zaro (azkar, tfrizz, jay, slappy, cupkeeper, PFIDC, Troy)
1- slappy (zaro)

9 to fire
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

just caught up on the thread....

fire zaro
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jaysmiter »

So, who wants to be the triggerman?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

PensFanInDC wrote:

Ignoring his opinion either way. Slappy was my own suspicion regardless of who votes for him. Zaro could be bad or good. If you don't vote for anyone who he says and he's bad, he can counter intel us and just keep throwing out names of people we keep in play b/c we don't want to vote with him.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

fire zaro I will be the dagger to get things moving along

kill me if it is a bad choice.

I am not sold on him being bad, but I am not sold he is a good RP either
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Did no one else want to comment on or notice the MWB thing? He was posting off and on while we were on break then suddenly said he never had a chance to vote. Does the fact that some people are posting infrequently take away from this sort of thing? It seems like some people are just wanting to kill people for the sake of an easy vote. If zaro is good, several of you will have a lot of explaining to do. There is a common pattern of the same people doing the same thing in both the malk and zaro votes.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

bhaw wrote:Did no one else want to comment on or notice the MWB thing? He was posting off and on while we were on break then suddenly said he never had a chance to vote. Does the fact that some people are posting infrequently take away from this sort of thing? It seems like some people are just wanting to kill people for the sake of an easy vote. If zaro is good, several of you will have a lot of explaining to do. There is a common pattern of the same people doing the same thing in both the malk and zaro votes.
I saw it. and I thought MWB was bad early on I voted for him with reasoning along the same lines as his posts during break, but no one followed along

Honestly I think its best to get zaro out regardless if he is good or bad. People will continue to question him and put votes on him leaving the village in disarray the best thing would be to leave him there without listening to him he doesn't hurt us good or bad

but people won't do that. he will get votes and we will have long discussions that were the same discussions the day phase before without looking at anything new or bringing up old names that were mentioned previously ( like you brought up MWB now)
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

oh noes, what has happened?!?! You shall find out soon enough!

write-up coming
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:Did no one else want to comment on or notice the MWB thing? He was posting off and on while we were on break then suddenly said he never had a chance to vote. Does the fact that some people are posting infrequently take away from this sort of thing? It seems like some people are just wanting to kill people for the sake of an easy vote. If zaro is good, several of you will have a lot of explaining to do. There is a common pattern of the same people doing the same thing in both the malk and zaro votes.
If people are going to role claim, and then lie about the terms of their own roles, then its unsurprising they get voted off. I didnt vote for Zaro after the first day because I didnt want to make the same mistake I did with Malks which led to me getting accused byyou in the first place. But then he lives through the night? Doesnt make any sense. I know I voted for him this round because he looked like an even more likely baddie than who I thought coming in. Nor does he defend himself after the first few pages. You act like voting for him here is some crazy move.