Hossa to DET

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Armyrulez
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Armyrulez »

Hossa signed with Detroit?
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

Kovy27 wrote:Let me remind you...

Maybe they should retire his jersey then. He played well but not great for the balance of three months. Imo he was alot more important on the defensive side than his goals. That's going to hurt more this season.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

Kovy27 wrote: We will find if any capable scoring winger can keep up with Sid. Satan is very capable.
I believe Satan is very capable. I really just want some consistency from him. No "only scoring on the Pens" anymore, hopefully.

I also hope Therrien makes him work on some defense, but seeing as he played for buffalo, I think he's better there than a lot give him credit for.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

dude, he was totally offsides. he even tried to sabotage the Pens when he was playing for us. he sure did cover it up with his celebration once he realized the linesmen missed the offsides call.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Ron` wrote:

Maybe they should retire his jersey then. He played well but not great for the balance of three months. Imo he was alot more important on the defensive side than his goals. That's going to hurt more this season.
I totally agree about his defensive prowess! Offensively however I disagree. He was excellant when it counted most. For the last part of the regular season he was recovering from an injury. It also is understandable to take time in acclimating yourself to a new team, a new system and a new enviornment. I believe he'll be sorely missed both Offensivly as well as defensively. Satan can offset SOME of the offense he brought but nowhere near the defensive side of things.
Last edited by crzymike on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

therock48880 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
crzymike wrote:The Francis analogy really works here. He wasn't considered our first or second best player but he was part of the glue and quality depth that would help propell this team forward. If the guy was here for three and a half years I wonder if more people would care he's gone. To me it's the same thing as it pertains to losing a quality player.
I would. Thats exactly the point though, he was here for 3 months, no reason to be that attached.
I am looking at it from a perspective of pure talent and potential contributions. Just because he was here for a matter of months doesnt mean the loss is easier to take from my point of view. Players like him don't obviously come around much. We may feel worse due to the fact he was part of the Pittsburgh family and fabric for longer (3 and a half years). The loss however as far as his abilities is really the same.
Yeah but losing talent isn't generally what bothers people, its the emotional attachment being broke that bothers them. Otherwise no one would have cared about Armstrong leaving. Given I didn't care about Armstrong leaving, so I guess i'm some kind of hybrid that only really cares about players that have been around for a while and are better than dime a dozen.
Hypothetical situation: Had Hossa signed a one year, 7.4 million dollar deal with Ducks, would you guys be just as upset as you are now? Or does it have to do with the fact that he went to the Wings?

When the Wings lost in the SCF to the Devils in 94-95, I was crushed. To this day, I still can't stand the Devils. I would imagine Pitt fans feel the same way about the Wings this year. So, I'm wondering if this is a 35 page thread because Hossa left, of because Hossa became a Wing. Just curious.
Goin to the Wings of all teams stung the most IMO. If Pittsburgh won the cup it would likely have come down to us or the highest bidder (edm). Him leavin hurts because first and foremost he's a great talent. Goin to the team that defeated us for a championship and the way in which it happened certainly adds to it.
Last edited by crzymike on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Armyrulez wrote:Hossa signed with Detroit?
Sadly he did. :(
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

littlemoonboot wrote:I doubt Hossa would want to come back, but even if he did I wonder how some of the teammates would respond? I mean, we had players like Crosby and Malkin taking discounts with the belief that they were part of something really great, and I had to wonder how they felt when Hossa made his decision.
Likely the way I feel, sick, disgusted, hurt, sad, defeated, unhappy, deterred, without a lot of hope, tired and empty. You know the normal stuff. :(
malkinshair
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by malkinshair »

crzymike wrote:
littlemoonboot wrote:I doubt Hossa would want to come back, but even if he did I wonder how some of the teammates would respond? I mean, we had players like Crosby and Malkin taking discounts with the belief that they were part of something really great, and I had to wonder how they felt when Hossa made his decision.
Likely the way I feel, sick, disgusted, hurt, sad, defeated, unhappy, deterred, without a lot of hope, tired and empty. You know the normal stuff. :(
Hello, crzymike, I'd like you to meet my good friend Prozac :wink:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

spi wrote:I am hurt. time to move on
And here's the irony. The FIRST reply in this whole entire thread had pretty much summed everything up perfectly.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

malkinshair wrote:
crzymike wrote:
I always thought the little zoloft guy was the cutest thing ever. You know, that circle shaped pill thing. I always wanted to cuddle it and make it feel better forever!!!
Jimmy Straka

Post by Jimmy Straka »

back-checking two way goal scorers are way over rated.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

Jimmy Straka wrote:back-checking two way goal scorers are way over rated.
He couldn't win faceoffs like Hall.

Hall >>> Hossa.

oil of o'LOL
Jimmy Straka

Post by Jimmy Straka »

Eismann wrote:
Jimmy Straka wrote:back-checking two way goal scorers are way over rated.
He couldn't win faceoffs like Hall.

Hall >>> Hossa.

oil of o'LOL
I can't believe you pulled out the fantastic, but rarely used "greater than, greater than, greater than" sign...
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Jimmy Straka wrote:I can't believe you pulled out the fantastic, but rarely used "greater than, greater than, greater than" sign...
im more impressed with the oil of o'lol. :lol:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

malkinshair wrote:
crzymike wrote:
I try to avoid any medication if I can. I've seen too many people succumb to addiction problems. No thanks, I'll just stay addicted to the Pens. :)
farnham16
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by farnham16 »

crzymike wrote:
malkinshair wrote:
crzymike wrote:
I try to avoid any medication if I can. I've seen too many people succumb to addiction problems. No thanks, I'll just stay addicted to the Pens. :)
And that is one tough addiction to kick. :D
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

farnham16 wrote:
crzymike wrote:
malkinshair wrote:
crzymike wrote:
And that is one tough addiction to kick. :D
:heroin:
crzymike
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by crzymike »

Hossa is headed towards Detroit rock city. :(
Bob McKenzie
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: "I swear I will sign the contract, Mario." *fingers crossed*

Post by Bob McKenzie »

For the love of God, will this thread stop!!!!
Ron`
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Ron` »

This thread will stop when the season starts or something better happens to discuss. :)
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

This thread is SaWEET!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Member »

Hossa is a legend.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I don't even know why the penguins are going to play the 08-09 season. without hossa, we are DOOMED!
Jimmy Straka

Post by Jimmy Straka »

I think there might have been a minor story that no one paid any attention to about Jerome Bettis being from detroit during superbowl XL.