Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by Ben Klingston »

Jagr : "I didn't promise anybody anything. If the Penguins feel like I did something wrong, you know, I don't feel like I did anything wrong. If I hurt somebody, I apologize. I want to people to understand that this is my life. It is tough for me to explain in English.""
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Blah blah blah. He's a moron.

Bank on it: His number will NEVER be retired as long as the Lemieux group owns this team.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Ron Francis was a lefty as well.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Jagoffr: "It was my option. Just because somebody tells you they want you to go there (Pittsburgh), that doesn't mean that's where you have to go."
Last edited by pittsports87 on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Maybe he'll play this one year out with the Flyers and then he'll sign with the Pens in the 2012 off season. :lol: 8-)
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

jimjom wrote:Maybe he'll play this one year out with the Flyers and then he'll sign with the Pens in the 2012 off season. :lol: 8-)
No way in hell.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Ben Klingston wrote:Conference call highlights

http://blog.triblive.com/chipped-ice/20 ... ave-to-go/
Jagr: "I only have one goal," he said. "To make people happy."
This has to be the funniest quote I have read from him. He has pissed more people off than he has made happy in the last 2 days. The only fans that are actually happy he signed with the Flyers are the Flyers fans that are happy that Pens fans are pissed.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I think Jagr got more people in Pittsburgh interested in him by going to Philly than he would have by signing in Pittsburgh. You're all masking your love for him with expressions of hate. :pop:
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

With every passing day, it becomes more clear that the Pens lucked out that Jagr didn's sign here.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

"Just because somebody tells you they want you to go there (Pittsburgh), that doesn't mean that's where you have to go."

And just because Jagr says something, that doesn't mean that we have to believe he's telling the truth.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

littlemoonboot wrote:"Just because somebody tells you they want you to go there (Pittsburgh), that doesn't mean that's where you have to go."

And just because Jagr says something, that doesn't mean that we have to believe he's telling the truth.
:fist:
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

jimjom wrote:Maybe he'll play this one year out with the Flyers and then he'll sign with the Pens in the 2012 off season. :lol: 8-)
Shero would probably tell his agent to take a hike.
mnpensfan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by mnpensfan »

Lesky wrote:What he did not only ruins the great homecoming and an exciting season with the Penguins.
I admire the passion you have and I am also disappointed in the end result.....but it will be another exciting season for the Pens regardless and Jagr not playing with the Pens will not affect that. Before Crosby went down we were the top team in the East and that was without Malkin playing up to his standards. We continue to have one of the best defensive corps in the league. Malkin seems to be very motivated to return to the upper echelon of the league. I'm excited to see what Neal can do playing with a legit #1 center. I'm happy to see the excitement Sullivan has about playing with the Pens and predict he will be a nice pickup.

If you are a Pens fan first (not just a Jagr fan) then nothing about this should ruin how you feel about the current Pens team. :fist:
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Henry Hank »

What doesn't make sense with Jagr's comments about Philly is, if he had targeted them as the team he wanted to play for, why didn't he express any interest in going there until Thursday? Why did he go to both the Pens and Red Wings, talk about how much he'd like to play for either team, only to turn both teams away due to his negotiating tactics? They didn't come to him, he went to them. It's hard for Jagr or anyone else to make a convincing argument that he wasn't just trying to use the Pens and Red Wings to get a better offer from someone else - I think that Detroit blogger even mentioned that after Jagr's camp stalled all week, they were trying to get Detroit to up their offer yesterday which is what caused them to pull it off the table.

He really comes off like a child with everything he said today. Which isn't surprising given his history, but it is pretty sad considering he's going to turn 40 this season.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Rossi convinced me to no longer follow his twitter account....done. ;)
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

Lesky wrote: Jaromir just stabbed the organisation I have followed and loved as long as I can remember. What he did not only ruins the great homecoming and an exciting season with the Penguins, it leaves a bitter and sour taste on Jagr as a whole which for me as a huge Jagr fan is hard to swallow.
Maybe for you and a bunch of other fans blinded by the mullet...for me I'm happy as hell he isn't coming back and am looking forward even more now to the Pens making another serious run for the Cup with this whole soap opera out of the way.

Jagr is a selfish bum and always will be...deal with it.
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Bathgate »

Giving #68 to another player, as a form of retribution or to “send a message to Jagr” would place that player in the middle of an awkward situation that he had nothing to do with, so it won’t happen.

Several years after Jagr retires, he will go into the hockey HOF for being reasonably high on a list of the greatest players of all time. Nearly all of his greatest accomplishments came while playing for the Pens. For the team not to retire his number might be perceived as tasteless around the hockey world. But holding a night to honor him while retiring the number would be uncomfortable for all, given the circumstances of how he twice spurned the team, circumstances that will not be forgotten or forgiven around here. To bring a closure, the solution might be for the Pens to quietly announce over a summer that fans will see a Jagr-68 banner hanging in the CEC rafters when the next season begins.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Bathgate wrote:Giving #68 to another player, as a form of retribution or to “send a message to Jagr” would place that player in the middle of an awkward situation that he had nothing to do with, so it won’t happen.
Yeah, by the way, I wasn't being serious when I posted that. It's not really the Pens style, I was just making a point.
Streaks House
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Streaks House »

I just watched the Shero presser. His emotions/mood immediately changed when he got into talking about Talbot.

"I just talked to Max, had a really nice conversation with, this is a totally different situation as I have a relationship with Max Talbot."

A subtle jab at Jagr by RS? :thumb:
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Henry Hank wrote:What doesn't make sense with Jagr's comments about Philly is, if he had targeted them as the team he wanted to play for, why didn't he express any interest in going there until Thursday? Why did he go to both the Pens and Red Wings, talk about how much he'd like to play for either team, only to turn both teams away due to his negotiating tactics? They didn't come to him, he went to them. It's hard for Jagr or anyone else to make a convincing argument that he wasn't just trying to use the Pens and Red Wings to get a better offer from someone else - I think that Detroit blogger even mentioned that after Jagr's camp stalled all week, they were trying to get Detroit to up their offer yesterday which is what caused them to pull it off the table.

He really comes off like a child with everything he said today. Which isn't surprising given his history, but it is pretty sad considering he's going to turn 40 this season.
Jagr has a pretty good track record of talking out of both sides of his mouth, so what he said about Philly does not surprise me at all. But I agree, it's sad that a guy going on 40 apparently hasn't matured emotionally since his 20s, and doesn't recognize that there is a lot more to life than just money.
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

Idoit40fans wrote:Word is Jagr is still the second greatest Penguin of all time and a top 15 player of all time. It will be embarrassing if his number isn't retired shortly after he retires.
What is embarrassing was allowing this choad to play this organization like a fiddle twice now. To hell with him.
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

pittsports87 wrote:Jagr: "I only have one goal," he said. "To make people happy."
Of course, Jaromir.

tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

penscup wrote:
Lesky wrote: Jaromir just stabbed the organisation I have followed and loved as long as I can remember. What he did not only ruins the great homecoming and an exciting season with the Penguins, it leaves a bitter and sour taste on Jagr as a whole which for me as a huge Jagr fan is hard to swallow.
Maybe for you and a bunch of other fans blinded by the mullet...for me I'm happy as hell he isn't coming back and am looking forward even more now to the Pens making another serious run for the Cup with this whole soap opera out of the way.

Jagr is a selfish bum and always will be...deal with it.
It certainly convinced me that my disdain for the guy over the last ten years wasn't misguided in any way.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

I like Madden's poll of the day.
Which heel turn was most stunning?
Hogan joins nWo
12.06 %
Jagr signs with Flyers
73.47 %
Judas betrays Christ
14.47 %

Read more: http://www.1059thex.com/pages/markmadde ... z1QyY3pw9e" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;