Around the League: Transactions

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Glad philly didn't get Bernier... they'll probably buy ouy bryz and trade for lou. lol.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Fire0nice228 wrote:Glad philly didn't get Bernier... they'll probably buy ouy bryz and trade for lou. lol.
Why trade for Luongo when he's going to be bought out?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Why buyout Lou when you can trade him to Philly?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Great pickup for the Leafs. With a real goalie (ie. NOT Reimer), they take a big step towards becoming a contender.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

Reimer was stellar and is not why they lost.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Leafs address an organizational concern in net that they've been trying to remedy for some time now. All that while watching a first round pick of theirs lead the league in goalie stats in 2010 and play for the Stanley Cup in 2013. I like Scrivens' upside (I like his highest upside more than Reimer's truth be told, but then I gotta hear it from the box score gang...but he won't hit behind Quick probably) and the Kings will get a guy that can handle some games and has some upside. Frattin adds some speed to their forward group but he's ultimately not what they need. He just upgrades Brad Richardson who will be let go. Plus a 2nd, of course.

This gives the Leafs a goalie with big, big upside. Obviously goalie has been a concern of theirs for years and they've been trying for a while now to get someone that can carry the load for the franchise. As a Bernier fan, I hope that he becomes that guy...
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I was hoping Bernier would stay in the west. He's got scary potential. Reflexes and positioning are top notch. Really, the only fault I see in his game is that he sometimes loses focus and lets in a softie/leaky goal. Maybe with a higher workload, he can prepare himself better mentally and keep his focus level high. This is a very good move for Toronto
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

meow wrote:I was hoping Bernier would stay in the west. He's got scary potential. Reflexes and positioning are top notch. Really, the only fault I see in his game is that he sometimes loses focus and lets in a softie/leaky goal. Maybe with a higher workload, he can prepare himself better mentally and keep his focus level high. This is a very good move for Toronto
Wait a minute, did you just call him MAF?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Malkamaniac wrote:
meow wrote:I was hoping Bernier would stay in the west. He's got scary potential. Reflexes and positioning are top notch. Really, the only fault I see in his game is that he sometimes loses focus and lets in a softie/leaky goal. Maybe with a higher workload, he can prepare himself better mentally and keep his focus level high. This is a very good move for Toronto
Ha... I had the same thought.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It's rare you see a trade that is great on paper for both teams. LA got a great return for their backup and Toronto gave up not too much to get a legit potential starter.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

the wicked child wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
Ha... I had the same thought.
There are a lot of similarities between the two. Bernier is much, much quieter in net. His movements are more precise and sharper. He doesn't have the athleticism MAF, but he is more technically sound.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:It's rare you see a trade that is great on paper for both teams. LA got a great return for their backup and Toronto gave up not too much to get a legit potential starter.
Matt Frattin is a guy that I would covet, especially in a situation like in Toronto. They read like a total rebuild right now.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

mikey287 wrote:but then I gotta hear it from the box score gang...
In other words, "I get upset up when events occur and people create a record of those things happening, and then place them into context to further learn more about what happened. Also, the Earth is flat, the sun revolves around us, and phrenology is the way of the future."
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

slappybrown wrote:
mikey287 wrote:but then I gotta hear it from the box score gang...
In other words, "I get upset up when events occur and people create a record of those things happening, and then place them into context to further learn more about what happened. Also, the Earth is flat, the sun revolves around us, and phrenology is the way of the future."
Response proves my point, not yours.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Looked at some tape of Frattin after the trade because I have very few notes on him to be honest. Very impressed by his strength...you can't knock that guy over, his balance is incredible. Very good skater, good shot. They could make him into a complimentary scorer if he can play his off wing. For fantasy players, take him late. The Kings are willing to play Dwight King with Anze Kopitar, they'll play Frattin with him.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey 1m

No Surprise RT @jhiitela: Kiprusoff has told Finnish national team that he is retiring. "If Flames have not announced it, u guys can do it."
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

lol, they still have to pay him $1.6m every year for until 2027. So good.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Straight cash, homey.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Barring any changes, Steve Mason is currently the Flyers starting goalie.

I don't think I even need to make a snide comment about that. It speaks for itself.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I suppose it makes sense to buy out Bryzgalov, but with Backstrom and Bernier off the table, there don't seem to be many decent options left for getting a starting goalie. The best UFA goalies might be Emery and Mike Smith, who've been good playing behind a good defense, but pretty bad otherwise. Other than that, do they trade for Luongo? Would Anaheim part with Fasth or Hiller? Maybe the Caps would move Neuvirth?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

largegarlic wrote:I suppose it makes sense to buy out Bryzgalov, but with Backstrom and Bernier off the table, there don't seem to be many decent options left for getting a starting goalie. The best UFA goalies might be Emery and Mike Smith, who've been good playing behind a good defense, but pretty bad otherwise. Other than that, do they trade for Luongo? Would Anaheim part with Fasth or Hiller? Maybe the Caps would move Neuvirth?
The Fleury cometh.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

shafnutz05 wrote:lol, they still have to pay him $1.6m every year for until 2027. So good.
Bobby Bonilla style
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Brett Sutter, re-signs with the Hurricanes 1 year, 600K. 150K at the AHL level, but he's guaranteed to make $250K this season. Is that a new wrinkle to the CBA? I don't recall hearing minimum salaries between the AHL/NHL.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=675214" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Digitalgypsy66 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.