The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by newarenanow »

the wicked child wrote:
columbia wrote:It seems like the baby would be especially susceptible to catching that disease.

Just sayin'.
The baby was crying a lot and threw up... but I'll be surprised if the baby dies... can't see them going there. If the baby gets sick, I bet they miraculously find a cure at that point.
I think they will kill off the baby IMO. Because once the group gets moving again, I can't see the show worrying about dragging a baby around. I just don't think they will show it.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:
columbia wrote:It seems like the baby would be especially susceptible to catching that disease.

Just sayin'.
The baby was crying a lot and threw up... but I'll be surprised if the baby dies... can't see them going there. If the baby gets sick, I bet they miraculously find a cure at that point.
I think they will kill off the baby IMO. Because once the group gets moving again, I can't see the show worrying about dragging a baby around. I just don't think they will show it.
If they kill the baby, I might be done with this show.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Pitt87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:

Just sayin'.
why? it will be unbearably sad, but it's something that would happen in that world.

i don't think they'll do it though. they aren't risk takers that way.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Pitt87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:

Just sayin'.
I think it would lend the show credibility and I might actually start watching it again.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Pitt87 »

shmenguin wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
the wicked child wrote:

Just sayin'.
why? it will be unbearably sad, but it's something that would happen in that world.

i don't think they'll do it though. they aren't risk takers that way.
Maybe its because I have babies at home and it will be a little too real in that respect. I generally feel the same way in movies where someone kills a dog. It just turns me right off.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

I'm cautiously optimistic about this season so far. A lot of the annoying/useless/poorly-written characters (Lori, Andrea, T-Dogg, etc.) are gone, and the remaining/new characters are getting shaded in in reasonably interesting, realistic ways. The show obviously needs to come up with a reason to get them out of the prison so more different/interesting stuff can happen, and I think the infection and/or the zombies eventually caving the fence in are realistic things that could happen in that scenario that would make them leave.

On the negative side, I really wish they had killed off the Governor at the end of last season. I worry that he's going to be re-introduced in a massively stupid way (like he's hiding in the prison and feeding the zombies rats).
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

As for the first Comic in the "War" Series.....

Pretty slow, hopefully it's just to set up the rest
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

largegarlic wrote:On the negative side, I really wish they had killed off the Governor at the end of last season. I worry that he's going to be re-introduced in a massively stupid way (like he's hiding in the prison and feeding the zombies rats).
they keep showing extended shots of individual zombies hanging out by the fence. i'm just hoping one of them is wearing an eye patch at some point.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Pitt87 wrote: Maybe its because I have babies at home and it will be a little too real in that respect. I generally feel the same way in movies where someone kills a dog. It just turns me right off.
I feel the same way because I have very young kids. It just kind of hits home.

But it wouldn't turn me off of the show.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

ever since i had a kid, i get all mushy about baby stuff. when judith was born on the show, it was extremely sad. but with that said, i love poignancy. and that story would have a ton of it.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I wonder...
Spoiler:
If they will still circle back to how the prison saga ended in the comic, with the Governor finally coming back with a bigger army to take it over and then Beth is the one holding Judith when she's shot in the back and trampled instead of Lori?
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:I wonder...
Spoiler:
If they will still circle back to how the prison saga ended in the comic, with the Governor finally coming back with a bigger army to take it over and then Beth is the one holding Judith when she's shot in the back and trampled instead of Lori?
Spoiler:
Doubtful, if only because I believe that they already used that story when they drive the truck through the gate last season. If anything, they are basically re-making the Alexandria/Hilltop storylines with the acceptance of more people, Carl not getting along with other kids, etc. I would assume that means that we are due for another Herd, which I guess could be caused by a skirmish with some Governor-led folks.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Pitt87 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Doubtful, if only because I believe that they already used that story when they drive the truck through the gate last season. If anything, they are basically re-making the Alexandria/Hilltop storylines with the acceptance of more people, Carl not getting along with other kids, etc. I would assume that means that we are due for another Herd, which I guess could be caused by a skirmish with some Governor-led folks.
So different cause, same end result? Would be a huge emotional punch.

And...
Spoiler:
It can't be Alexandria yet, Abraham isn't here yet and we need Eugene to push them north next season. There can still be another attack by some groups outside like the Irish lady that want in.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is there a reason they don't lock themselves in at night?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Admin wrote:Is there a reason they don't lock themselves in at night?
What if the one person with the keys has a stroke?
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

they thought they were safe - suspect that will no longer be the case, and they might now lock themselves in again, like they did in the 3rd season at the cell block level.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Pitt87 »

DelPen wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
So different cause, same end result? Would be a huge emotional punch.

And...
Spoiler:
It can't be Alexandria yet, Abraham isn't here yet and we need Eugene to push them north next season. There can still be another attack by some groups outside like the Irish lady that want in.
Thats how I interpreted the end of the last season... close, but not exact to the story.
Spoiler:
Or... The Hunters? That was a pretty interesting story line.
Last edited by Pitt87 on Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

any reason michone didn't kill the governor when he was sitting there with his eye popped out?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shmenguin wrote:
any reason michone didn't kill the governor when he was sitting there with his eye popped out?
It wasn't in the script. She couldn't do it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

largegarlic wrote:I'm cautiously optimistic about this season so far. A lot of the annoying/useless/poorly-written characters (Lori, Andrea, T-Dogg, etc.) are gone, and the remaining/new characters are getting shaded in in reasonably interesting, realistic ways. The show obviously needs to come up with a reason to get them out of the prison so more different/interesting stuff can happen, and I think the infection and/or the zombies eventually caving the fence in are realistic things that could happen in that scenario that would make them leave.

On the negative side, I really wish they had killed off the Governor at the end of last season. I worry that he's going to be re-introduced in a massively stupid way (like he's hiding in the prison and feeding the zombies rats).
Agree with pretty much all of this.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

the wicked child wrote:
largegarlic wrote:I'm cautiously optimistic about this season so far. A lot of the annoying/useless/poorly-written characters (Lori, Andrea, T-Dogg, etc.) are gone, and the remaining/new characters are getting shaded in in reasonably interesting, realistic ways. The show obviously needs to come up with a reason to get them out of the prison so more different/interesting stuff can happen, and I think the infection and/or the zombies eventually caving the fence in are realistic things that could happen in that scenario that would make them leave.

Agree with pretty much all of this.
finally got caught up after a season 3 marathon viewing. Once they let all the people of woodberry into the prison, I knew we weren't going anywhere soon. Hopefully this infection thing takes care of that so we can move on. The show is so much more interesting when they are traveling and looking for an answer. Theres only so much you can do by having them setup camp for a season.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

The only reason they took in the refugees of Woodberry is so the show can kill off characters without killing main characters. Now that there is an indeterminate amount of extra characters, we can have scenes like the outbreak in the prison without losing anyone of importance.

As for who is feeding the zombies, my guess is Carl.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

nocera wrote:As for who is feeding the zombies, my guess is Carl.
I think it's the little girls who were naming the zombies like they were pets in ep 1.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Hockeynut! wrote:
I think it's the little girls who were naming the zombies like they were pets in ep 1.
Samesies
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Hockeynut! wrote:
I liked how Carl was losing his humanity. I want him to get back to that.