Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
MyMonkey
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by MyMonkey »

How to completely destroy a legacy for $1 mil after already earning $100 mil.

Pathetic...
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Dickie Dunn »

Sign Kip Miller. Jagr would head to the nearest bridge.
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by champeen »

what's the reaction on the philly boards?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

I defended him in over 600 posts. I was sure he would make things right in the end and make me a very happy man. I would have been crying with joy seeing Jagr in Pittsburgh again.

And then the shock that he went to the Flyers, the worst insult that ever possible.

I can not express how let down and sad I am feeling at the moment. It will take a very long time to shake this off and it will NEVER be completely
forgotten.

Finally, I am gutted my other childhood hero - Mario has to put up with this stuff!

Please wake me up from this nightmare.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

The funniest part is that the majority of the posters on the Flyers boards aren't happy about it either.

Over/Under how long it takes him to hurt his groin: 20 games.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Oh BS. $1.3 mil more should mean NOTHING to a guy who's played pro hockey for 20 years unless he's broke and destitute.

I wouldn't even have cared if he signed there if he and Svoboda would have just shut up.

This was Jagr's game all along. He finally got the last laugh.

Even if he killed his legacy to do it.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

pittsports87 wrote:Trade for Trevor Gillies and play him for the Flyers game. He will know what to do.
Heck no. That's one good way the NHL could make me stop paying attention. I don't want Gillies anywhere near the Penguins organization. He shouldn't be anywhere near a hockey game as it is. Some things just aren't acceptable in any athletic endeavor.
champeen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by champeen »

Would be kind of hilarious if Flyers fans boo'd him at their home opener.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

PensOnDVD wrote:Oh BS. $1.3 mil more should mean NOTHING to a guy who's played pro hockey for 20 years unless he's broke and destitute.

I wouldn't even have cared if he signed there if he and Svoboda would have just shut up.

This was Jagr's game all along. He finally got the last laugh.

Even if he killed his legacy to do it.
I agree. If they were silent and didn't make a circus out of it, call Lemieux, express how his heart is here, etc, etc, (and he didn't sign with Philly :D ), honesly, I wouldn't care if he ended his career with another team.

But just the last few days, and all that occurred, and to end up in Philly to top it off, it just showed that he was going for the biggest contract offer all along, and it proved Shero right to be skeptical.

I got over how I felt when he left 10 years ago, and I would have accepted him with open arms if his number was retired and he wanted to be remembered for his greatest years in Pgh, but now, I could care less about him. I don't hate him, but I don't really care for him either anymore.

I guarantee you 15-20 years from now, you will read a quote in the paper that he "regrets what happened at the end of his career", that he should have signed with Pgh.

Right now though, the $1.3MM seems like a good eal.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

champeen wrote:Would be kind of hilarious if Flyers fans boo'd him at their home opener.
I would love it. I would love if he fails out there, or goes into a funk. Those fans will kill him.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

If it was about money, I'm sure that some joke team would have given him the world in an attempt to reach the cap floor and attract star power. It looks like he was pissed that Shero pulled the offer and went out of his way to piss everyone off. Once a drama queen, always a drama queen.
PittsburghAfterDark
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PittsburghAfterDark »

I have to say that Jagr is the complete tool at 39 I thought he was at 19. I'm talking about him as a person, not a player.

I wish I could find the post I put on ESPN saying Jagr would indeed screw Mario just last night.

I knew when he wasn't signed Wednesday he was never coming here. Philly? Yeah, there's a team guaranteed not to win anything next year.

Go git 'em Brooks!
the riddler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the riddler »

Kerry Fraser wrote:If it was about money, I'm sure that some joke team would have given him the world in an attempt to reach the cap floor and attract star power. It looks like he was pissed that Shero pulled the offer and went out of his way to piss everyone off. Once a drama queen, always a drama queen.
Shero gave him plenty of time to make a decision, it was all about money.
Draftnik
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Draftnik »

Talbot signing with Philly is much more detrimental to the Pens IMO than Jagr signing there
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

during the 90 's flyer fans whistled at Jaromir and his flowing locks!
Bathgate
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Bathgate »

It's such a shame that two of the most prominent members of the Pens' original Cup-winning teams are hated in this town (Jagr and Barrasso). It really does detract from the memories and the pride.

It's also a darn shame that another prominent member of the first Cup team, Mark Recchi, did not finish his career here. They had him here to do just that, but then they thought he couldn't contribute and he proved them wrong.
71Aj66ax87
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by 71Aj66ax87 »

:thumbdown:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

LMAO, this is the best possible outcome. Better than Hossa to Detroit.

Honest to God, you guys probably aren't old enough to remember Willie Mays playing for the Mets.

This is Willie Mays with a locker room cancer attitude.

Take the name Jagr out of it. If I told you that the Flyers would waste 3.3mm on a 39 year old washed up nutcase, you'd have been dancing in the streets.

That's what this is, mark my words. Lavy has to be shaking his head wondering how many games in to the season he's going to go before Jagr starts asking not to take Shootouts or go on the ice late in games that are "mop ups".

Hey, at least JJ can get up to Atlantic City and back between the morning skate and the playing of the National anthem.

Now I just hope his 68 never hangs in the Rafters at the CEC.

You don't need to retire 68, no one will ever want to wear that sweater for the Pens anyway.
Last edited by ExPatriatePen on Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dan H
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Dan H »

Lesky wrote:I defended him in over 600 posts. I was sure he would make things right in the end and make me a very happy man. I would have been crying with joy seeing Jagr in Pittsburgh again.

And then the shock that he went to the Flyers, the worst insult that ever possible.

I can not express how let down and sad I am feeling at the moment. It will take a very long time to shake this off and it will NEVER be completely
forgotten.

Finally, I am gutted my other childhood hero - Mario has to put up with this stuff!

Please wake me up from this nightmare.
Lesky,

It's just a game.

Here's my advice to you: First, get some rest. Then, pick up your hockey stick (or go buy one, if you don't have one), find a place to go play ice or inline or street hockey, and just play. Failing that, work on stickhandling or shooting into a net/wall/garbage can/washing machine for a while. Nothing Jaromir Jagr (or any other pro) does should be able to wreck hockey for us. Hockey is a game that's gloriously fun to play for both kids and adults. The version of it that involves millions of dollars and huge arenas is already a little bit inauthentic. Get out and play the real version for a little while, and chances are you'll feel better.
the riddler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the riddler »

How are the Flyers getting this money? Penguins should sign Simmonds to an offer sheet.
janissary782
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by janissary782 »

Lol @ being moved to NPR. The talbot signing makes this even better.
janissary782
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by janissary782 »

Lol @ being moved to NPR. The talbot signing makes this even better.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Bathgate wrote:It's such a shame that two of the most prominent members of the Pens' original Cup-winning teams are hated in this town (Jagr and Barrasso). It really does detract from the memories and the pride.

It's also a darn shame that another prominent member of the first Cup team, Mark Recchi, did not finish his career here. They had him here to do just that, but then they thought he couldn't contribute and he proved them wrong.
Pittsburgh is a town that has always valued loyalty. From Bonds to Andy Van Slyke to Marian Hossa and now Jagr. You can leave Pittsburgh to better yourself, but if you go out of your way to disrespect this town you're not going to be warmly received here ever again.

That's Pittsburgh sports, and I'm perfectly fine with that.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

the riddler wrote:How are the Flyers getting this money? Penguins should sign Simmonds to an offer sheet.
I think after getting rid of Richards and Carter, they cleared up some space, and while they are trying to do a quick rebuild, the signing of Jagr is just a quick 1 year plug, and they had a little more room to play with than the Pens.