Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: Other NHL games 2014-2015 season

Post by Skatingpen »

Orlando Penguin wrote:
nocera wrote:Caps win the Cup!!!!

I'd say act like you've been there before but you know how that goes with that crap franchise. It's ok to be happy and celebrate a little but the only thing missing was the booming confetti cannons.
They are starting to become one of the most annoying teams, at least to me. Sorry.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Game decided by a terrible call by ref to make up for another terrible call
Orlando Penguin
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Orlando Penguin »

Skatingpen wrote:
Orlando Penguin wrote:
nocera wrote:Caps win the Cup!!!!

I'd say act like you've been there before but you know how that goes with that crap franchise. It's ok to be happy and celebrate a little but the only thing missing was the booming confetti cannons.
They are starting to become one of the most annoying teams, at least to me. Sorry.

They've been annoying me for 20 years since going to college in that general vicinity.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I will say, regardless of what occurred with the game, the Spectator Plaza/Fan Fest was actually pretty fun to check out. The best part was the irony that they had an accuracy shooting contest that consisted of putting pucks into a washer/dryer.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Game decided by a terrible call by ref to make up for another terrible call
That's okay Dejan has been ranting that the games purpose is to build the fan base so who cares about the horrid officiating.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Is the game's purpose not to build the fanbase? Its certainly not to improve the product, otherwise there would never be an outdoor game.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Yeah but it isn't one or the other. You don't excuse terrible calls with "who cares that's not the purpose of the game."
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah, you excuse them with "this is the best you can get with the NHL".
America
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by America »

Second winter classic I've been to, liked the one at Heinz field a lot better.
sharpshootr55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sharpshootr55 »

nocera wrote:NHL should look at how football is shot. They have the cable cam, and it's used very rarely. Most of the time it's only used between plays and for replays. NHL was so preoccupied with whether or not they could that they didn't stop to think if they should.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

This is our director of player safety.

Chaotician!
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Oh goodness. Giroux in really bad shape coming off the ice. The Canes player helped him to the locker room. Maybe a tendon cut on the back of his ankle
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

McDavid to the Flyers e3
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

shafnutz05 wrote:Oh goodness. Giroux in really bad shape coming off the ice. The Canes player helped him to the locker room. Maybe a tendon cut on the back of his ankle
Faulk basically stepped on / slashed across Giroux's lower calf. If he cut the top of the Achilles or through the meat of the calf... he could be gone for a long time.

Bryan Murray blaming Matt Cooke... (Just a little joke there, you know, obviously for the humor - DVE Mario)
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Jim wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Oh goodness. Giroux in really bad shape coming off the ice. The Canes player helped him to the locker room. Maybe a tendon cut on the back of his ankle
Faulk basically stepped on / slashed across Giroux's lower calf. If he cut the top of the Achilles or through the meat of the calf... he could be gone for a long time.

Bryan Murray blaming Matt Cooke... (Just a little joke there, you know, obviously for the humor - DVE Mario)
Quick question. Are DVE Marios from the cup run achieved anywhere. I can't find them to save my life.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

meow wrote:
Jim wrote:

Quick question. Are DVE Marios from the cup run achieved anywhere. I can't find them to save my life.
Not sure. DVE needs to do a MUCH better job with their website. It is quite difficult to find things on there.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Jim wrote:
meow wrote:
Jim wrote:

Not sure. DVE needs to do a MUCH better job with their website. It is quite difficult to find things on there.
Agreed. No luck on the YouTube either.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

It's Burkle's fault
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

http://news.rotowire.com/Claude-Giroux- ... -spnhl.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He's probable for tomorrow
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Jim wrote:It's Burkle's fault
He's hilarious.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

Jim wrote:

Giroux may play tonight. Kevlar socks. I'm glad. That would be a horrible injury.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

Hmm Quick 3 goals against on 9 shots. Rinne 3 goals against on 15 shots. Won't see that happen to those two all that frequently. Nashville up 5-3 in the second period.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Jim wrote:
meow wrote:
Jim wrote:

Their Comedy Cuts RSS went way, way back and had a ton of the old DVE Mario bits. Then the RSS went cold about 4 months ago and I deleted it. I'll poke around and see what I can find, for the humor.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

5 Hawks named as All-Star starters.
The Chicago Blackhawks will be prominently represented at the 2015 Honda NHL All-Star Game, with five of their players revealed Saturday as part of the first six NHL All-Stars.

Buffalo Sabres forward Zemgus Girgensons will join Blackhawks forwards Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews, defensemen Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook, and goaltender Corey Crawford at NHL All-Star Weekend, Jan. 24-25 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=746923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Why do I have a feeling the voting will be changed next year?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Lol thats so awesome. No need to change the voting. The game is for the fans and they spoke.