**Official MAFIA Gameplay thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: **Official MAFIA Gameplay thread**

Post by Senka »

dagny wrote:
MWB wrote:Wasn't it the deciding vote though?
It was a calculated risk.

Loaf knew Senka would likely be arrested and it would be revealed that Senka was a wolf. He figured we wouldn't suspect a wolf would vote out a wolf, and so we'd go after Dean Wormer, as the only abstaining vote, instead of him next.
i told him to lead the vote against me... i figured itd buy him a night... but i was almost certain after coming out as a vig that someone would contest me. but that was WALL not jwie,.. so I goofed up. I guess you can say i led everyone on my own team astray... and i blame me for it. lol
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Senka wrote: i told him to lead the vote against me... i figured itd buy him a night... but i was almost certain after coming out as a vig that someone would contest me. but that was WALL not jwie,.. so I goofed up. I guess you can say i led everyone on my own team astray... and i blame me for it. lol

Beerman and I were wondering what you were doing.

You had 3 people who kept getting mentioned as mafia, you, wallflower, Azkhar, and to a lesser extent, Loaf.

You guys killed off all of the suspicious people that limiting the suspicious suspects down to you and Loaf, instead of knocking off people that weren't even mentioned (ie. jwienand and Dean).

So when you eliminated the other individuals that people were considering to be mafia, it made their vote easier IMO.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

FAIL
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jwienand »

Geno told me "Shoot Everyone" so I did :)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

So, I take it we are taking a break for a while from this game?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

newarenanow wrote:So, I take it we are taking a break for a while from this game?
that game was dead
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
Senka wrote: i told him to lead the vote against me... i figured itd buy him a night... but i was almost certain after coming out as a vig that someone would contest me. but that was WALL not jwie,.. so I goofed up. I guess you can say i led everyone on my own team astray... and i blame me for it. lol

You had 3 people who kept getting mentioned as mafia, you, wallflower, Azkhar, and to a lesser extent, Loaf.

You guys killed off all of the suspicious people that limiting the suspicious suspects down to you and Loaf, instead of knocking off people that weren't even mentioned (ie. jwienand and Dean).

So when you eliminated the other individuals that people were considering to be mafia, it made their vote easier IMO.
probably shouldn't have killed azkar...i forget who you killed before me, but i was surprised by that one...i think it mwb or jaysmitter or someone like that
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

newarenanow wrote:So, I take it we are taking a break for a while from this game?
Unfortunately, but it's probably for the best.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

beerman wrote:
yah ill run number two in a month or somthin. TW didnt seem to mind if i did. but im not sure. maybe after deadline. ill give it enough time to fill up and be relaxed... but i suggest a game should take no more than 5 days intotal.. M-F. once you hit the weekend, you are dragging,.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Senka wrote:
beerman wrote:
yah ill run number two in a month or somthin. TW didnt seem to mind if i did. but im not sure. maybe after deadline. ill give it enough time to fill up and be relaxed... but i suggest a game should take no more than 5 days intotal.. M-F. once you hit the weekend, you are dragging,.
I think it should be longer than that. Probably summer time.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

newarenanow wrote: I think it should be longer than that. Probably summer time.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:

Also, up until the last 2 nights, I protected myself. They had plenty of opportunity to go after jwienand.

I knew MSux wasn't the vig, but I wanted to use him as a decoy from the vig, or find out if he was Mafia. When we finally arrested him, and found out he was village, it made the rest of the decision making pretty easy.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

JoseCuervo wrote:
newarenanow wrote: I think it should be longer than that. Probably summer time.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I thought that was going to be summer time by Will Smith.

Back on topic, I agree with NAN, off season is probably the best time for this. People outside of a handful or two of us just don't want to participate as much during season. I hang out in NHR more to stay away from all the Whitney and Staal bashing/trade threads, but I guess not everyone does.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

This is first game I got to actually participate in. I think you're all too impatient.

Maybe it's because it's new to me, but I didn't have a problem with the pace. Maybe there would have been more discussion if there were less complaining.

It was different for me, with the time zone difference. By the time I'd wake up and log in, there were pages for me to catch up on, then I'd have to go to work. Get home from work, same thing. By the time I caught up, most of you were asleep.

I'd gladly play again, but I do like the Werewolf theme better.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

dagny wrote:This is first game I got to actually participate in. I think you're all too impatient.

Maybe it's because it's new to me, but I didn't have a problem with the pace. Maybe there would have been more discussion if there were less complaining.

It was different for me, with the time zone difference. By the time I'd wake up and log in, there were pages for me to catch up on, then I'd have to go to work. Get home from work, same thing. By the time I caught up, most of you were asleep.

I'd gladly play again, but I do like the Werewolf theme better.
I'd agree we're kind of impatient, but NAN and I were talking about it and it's not really that it took two weeks to play that bothered us. Although I do think that's really stretching it out, it's that there wasn't much discussion or people really bringing up who they were suspicious of and sticking by it, trying to get people to vote with them. Too much flip-flopping and voting for no real reason. We both felt there was too much time that would pass without anyone saying anything and this was during the day as well as the night.

I think that when the game moves quicker and there's a ton of discussion, no matter what the discussion is on, you end up learning more about who may be who and you have way more to go on when basing a vote. This game really lacked that to me and that's what made it seem really flat.
Twisted Wrister
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Twisted Wrister »

I really enjoyed modding this game. It forces you to pay attention to names and what they say. It brings a certain light on to what a bad guys says compared to a good guy. If you are really into this game, you should def be a mod.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Twisted Wrister wrote:I really enjoyed modding this game. It forces you to pay attention to names and what they say. It brings a certain light on to what a bad guys says compared to a good guy. If you are really into this game, you should def be a mod.
I gotta say I did almost enjoy getting out of the game earlier. It was fun just to kick back, bs about what's going on in the game, knowing who was who and trying to figure out what they were doing and why they were doing it. There was a couple times one of the mafia members would say something and I'd be sitting here thinking "wow, thats so obvious how can't someone pick up on it." It's really cool to see everything from the outside.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Twisted Wrister wrote:I really enjoyed modding this game. It forces you to pay attention to names and what they say. It brings a certain light on to what a bad guys says compared to a good guy. If you are really into this game, you should def be a mod.
Almost forgot. Thanks for modding the game. You did a great job and I enjoyed the writeups.

I agree with you. It was fun modding the one werewolf game, knowing who was who, and just sitting back following everything. Jose, iEUX, and PPF were gracious enough to allow me to view their conversations about their strategy at night, so that made it even more interesting.

Good job though. Enjoyed it very much.
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

for not playing for a second, i still eagerly read every line. i never gave anything any hard thought, but i was completely entertained. it was a great game. i just wish the dead players in the test thread would lay off the criticism. it's annoying and it happens every game.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Well done, town. Well done.

In the dead thread I made mention that I wrote 3 names down after I was eliminated on who I thought the Mafioso were...

IrishEyes, Senka, and Azkar.

Just sayin'...
LeopardLetang
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by LeopardLetang »

hmm, looks like you were wrong on azkar..

just sayin' :D
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

LeopardLetang wrote:hmm, looks like you were wrong on azkar..

just sayin' :D
That's nothing new. I always think Azkar is a wolf. lol