NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: *** Jellyfish Invasion IV: The Phantom Jelly GDT ***

Post by dagny »

newarenanow wrote:
the errey i breathe wrote:
obhave wrote:If crank is the worst seer, I am the worst vig. Only got mwb
I blew up our angel...so there's that
I think you doing that though pretty much sealed the Jelly's fate IMO. That is why I thought you were the MVP.

MWB and I kept going after Crank because we knew that night (Night 7), we could kill anyone, even if they were protected. We wanted to keep the population larger so as not to narrow down the field for Crank to look at, and to also cause confusion why we would keep going after Crank, and because it was funny. It was working in some respect because Crank didn't look at us, and if you look at the post during that day phase, everyone was calling everyone dumb and not onen person mentioned me or MWB.

Then when you blew up redwill, Crank knew he lost his protection and spilled the beans on who he looked at, clearing 3 or 4 people, and columbia cleared dagny and himself, so that killed us since there were only like 3 or 4 people not cleared. Then obhave shot MWB during that day phase, and we lost all of our powers.

If we would have made it to that nightphase, we would have killed Crank, he wouldnt' have cleared anyone, and I think we would have been ok for a little bit.

So you blowing up redwill set off a chain of events, and when that happened, I PM'd MWB and we both pretty much agreed we were done.
Our village chief had powers, too. See, protect, block... just not back to back same power. We blocked crank. :twisted:

columbia didn't know that the villagers' (purple) objective was to kill the jellies and the travellers. We seered columbia to make sure he really was good. SDD and I were the ONLY purples to start.

Oh, and purple? Another reason why I didn't say my color. Who would've believed that, and I didn't want to claim blue in case I was seered, then I'd never convince you that purple was on your side if I'd lied about what color I was in the first place. :lol:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

You were essentially sacrificing your night kill in order to ensure that there would be too many people left for the rest of us to narrow it down.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

MWB wrote:
slappybrown wrote:does not compute
Chess, not checkers
Yea, I think you outsmarted yourselves. Bad choice IMO.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:But why keep trying to kill him the nights before 7? How did that make sense
Because if we killed someone every night, and the village killed someone everyday, and he was also looking at people, it would narrow down the field of candidates he had to search/ the village had to lynch. It is all a numbers game.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

dagny wrote:
columbia didn't know that the villagers' (purple) objective was to kill the jellies and the travellers. We seered columbia to make sure he really was good. SDD and I were the ONLY purples to start.
I wouldn't assume that I trusted either of you, but you have to dance who brung ya.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

bold strategy Cotton let's see how it plays out
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

newarenanow wrote:
slappybrown wrote:But why keep trying to kill him the nights before 7? How did that make sense
Because if we killed someone every night, and the village killed someone everyday, and he was also looking at people, it would narrow down the field of candidates he had to search/ the village had to lynch. It is all a numbers game.
Yea, for sure, I cant wait for no one ever to try that again because its obviously stupid
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:bold strategy Cotton let's see how it plays out
lolololol

By never killing anyone, the village will never be reduced, and we're sure to win!
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:
MWB wrote:
Chess, not checkers
We were down to just the two of us and nan had just escaped a vote. Needed to think outside the box.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Also I hate getting killed by the vig
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MRandall25 wrote:You were essentially sacrificing your night kill in order to ensure that there would be too many people left for the rest of us to narrow it down.
Pretty much. Knowing that regardless if Crank was protected, blocked, whatever on Night 7, we had an auto kill that trumped everything. So instead of weading down the population by 3-4 people (also didn't know if the vig would be blasting), and we had to make it to Night 7 w/o being seen because there were only 2 of us, we wanted the village to have to look at more people.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MRandall25 wrote:You were essentially sacrificing your night kill in order to ensure that there would be too many people left for the rest of us to narrow it down.
Our objective was to kill the jellies AND the travellers. You just didn't know that we'd be ok with taking out blues, too. :twisted: :wink:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

newarenanow wrote:
Pretty much. Knowing that regardless if Crank was protected, blocked, whatever on Night 7, we had an auto kill that trumped everything. So instead of weading down the population by 3-4 people (also didn't know if the vig would be blasting), and we had to make it to Night 7 w/o being seen because there were only 2 of us, we wanted the village to have to look at more people.
Well, it obviously helped you tin win, so it was worth it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

dagny wrote:
Our objective was to kill the jellies AND the travellers. You just didn't know that we'd be ok with taking out blues, too. :twisted: :wink:
I was referring to MWB/NAN, but you posted before I got to wording it correctly.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

MWB wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
MWB wrote:
Chess, not checkers
We were down to just the two of us and nan had just escaped a vote. Needed to think outside the box.
Exactly. The only way this blew up was if the angel was killed prior to Night 7, and it happened on Day 6 with a bomb. Crank then just revealed everyone he looked at. We had no recruits.

Had to think outside of the box. It was working fine until redwill blew up. Doesn't mean we would have won, but I think we would have made it longer.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Bah, this game didn't get the level of play it deserved.

No offense, but the red faction was a mess.

By the time myself and redwill were gone, the village had complete control of the travelers.
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
the errey i breathe wrote:
obhave wrote:If crank is the worst seer, I am the worst vig. Only got mwb
I blew up our angel...so there's that
I sent you the bomb package hoping you'd blow yourself up, but you did one better. :pop:
That actually wasn't even an option, I got to pick who I'd blow up.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

slappybrown wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
Yea, for sure, I cant wait for no one ever to try that again because its obviously stupid
The only way not to be 100% outed is not to be seen by the seer. Knowing we had a 100% kill on the seer Night 7, we were trying not to be seen.

I think it was Night 3 when Crank was known. We tried to kill him, and it didnt' work. Night 4, we thought the angel couldn't protect 2 nights in a row, so we tried again. By Night 5, we were only down to 2, and instead of killing and narrowing the scope, we just decided to go 2 more nights, and people were talking exclusively about that, and not even mentioning MWB and I, so at the time, it seemed to be fine. It wasn't until teib blew up redwill that it all went to hell. That was the only person teib couldn't blow up.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

columbia wrote:
dagny wrote:
I wouldn't assume that I trusted either of you, but you have to dance who brung ya.
Oh, I know. You even mentioned that you weren't sure about trusting SDD. :lol: I was afraid SDD would get recruited.

Once c2i was brought back, first question: what color are you? :lol: Since nobody had mentioned purple yet, if he didn't say purple I wouldn't have trusted him. Since I PM so much, it was getting hairy making sure I was sending PMs to all of us, and then separate ones without you.

You saved my ass, though! :thumb: :lol:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

dagny wrote:
columbia wrote:
dagny wrote:
Oh, I know. You even mentioned that you weren't sure about trusting SDD. :lol: I was afraid SDD would get recruited.

Once c2i was brought back, first question: what color are you? :lol: Since nobody had mentioned purple yet, if he didn't say purple I wouldn't have trusted him. Since I PM so much, it was getting hairy making sure I was sending PMs to all of us, and then separate ones without you.

You saved my ass, though! :thumb: :lol:
Given your goals, I'd say that I technically won the game. :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

You were listed as one of the winners, columbia.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

FWIW, I jumped on the red trying to kill crank being stupid because others were saying that. That was for effect, for reactions. ;) Just part of the game.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Crankshaft wrote:Bah, this game didn't get the level of play it deserved.

No offense, but the red faction was a mess.

By the time myself and redwill were gone, the village had complete control of the travelers.
Yeah, MWB and I were pretty much desperate because PFIDC, Zaro, and dodint were gone extermely early. So we had to think outside the box. And if you go back into the game thread, it was working. As soon as redwill died and you lost your protection (you were dying that night regardless), you spilled the beans and it was over for us.

Let me ask, if redwill didn't die by the bomb and was alive that night, would you have spilled everyone's identity?