Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Henry Hank
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by Henry Hank »

Sign him for the League Minimum and trade him to Edmonton
The funny thing is, a year or two ago Jagr went to the press with his usual empty words and said that if he came back to the NHL, Edmonton would be his first choice because they showed interest in him then. Whatever happened to that, Jaromir?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Somebody hacked Idoit's account.
pensrule
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pensrule »

Gaucho wrote:
pensrule wrote:I thought RS was smarter than this....
Meaning what?
There was absolutely no reason to pull the offer, unless you didn't want him in the first place or you want to be a hard azz). Just go about your business, sign who you want and if it's too late for Jagr when he comes calling, too bad for him. This is a childish act by RS.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

Idoit40fans wrote:I wanted Jagr, but I don't really care if he signs or not. Its a joke that Shero pulled the offer before an official offer even existed. Shero showed that he had no intention of signing Jagr by handling it this way, he put it on Jagr so the fans wouldn't lynch him.
Shero made Jagr a contract offer on Tuesday. Jagr had between then and 11:30AM Friday to accept it, but chose to play whatever his game is instead. They may not have been able to sign the contract until noon, but they could have had an agreement in place.

Shero was more than patient with Jagr. He extended his own deadline by 1.5 days to accommodate his indecision. There's nothing childish about Shero's conduct.

Ah well. Jagr got to be the centre of the hockey universe again for a couple of days. That's probably all he really wanted.
Last edited by Desiato on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

Henry Hank wrote:
Sign him for the League Minimum and trade him to Edmonton
The funny thing is, a year or two ago Jagr went to the press with his usual empty words and said that if he came back to the NHL, Edmonton would be his first choice because they showed interest in him then. Whatever happened to that, Jaromir?
I don't think anyone bought that bs when he said it, let alone now.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jeffshly »

Idoit40fans wrote:
jeffshly wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote: Its a joke that Shero pulled the offer before an official offer even existed. Shero showed that he had no intention of signing Jagr by handling it this way, he put it on Jagr so the fans wouldn't lynch him.
What are you smoking? No "official offer?" It's been out there for a few days?
Out there and unable to be accepted. Jagr was never able to sign a contract, there was no real offer.
Are you being sarcastic or are you serious about this???

Even though Jagr couldn't put ink to paper until noon today, he very well could've agreed to terms at any time. He also could've very publicly announced that he would be a Penguin and that he would be signing a contract at noon today. The offer was there. Jagr and/or his agent made their intentions not to agree to the terms outlined in that offer known.

If you really are of the belief that Shero's pulling of the offer before noon today proves that their offer was a ruse to make themselves look good, you'd make a perfect witness for the defense in the Casey Anthony trial.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Myriad wrote:The worst thing about this is Cook has a massive boner about how happy he is
thanks for that image
:shock:
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

pensrule wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Meaning what?
There was absolutely no reason to pull the offer, unless you didn't want him in the first place or you want to be a hard azz). Just go about your business, sign who you want and if it's too late for Jagr when he comes calling, too bad for him. This is a childish act by RS.
That's exactly what he did. It certainly wasn't him who acted like a child.
Last edited by Gaucho on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

KG wrote:Lesky....pens aren't going to beg Jagr to come back...They made a fair offer (they feel) on Tuesday. Then Jagr starting getting other teams involved...
I have never asked them to beg from crying out loud, just say: ACCEPT OUR OFFER IN 15 MINUTES or the offer is gone! Not much too ask from Ray if he had any real interest in Jagr other than saving his own image.
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

penny lane wrote:
Myriad wrote:The worst thing about this is Cook has a massive boner about how happy he is
thanks for that image
:shock:
Admittedly poor wording. But he had been going off since the news broke about how right he was. Very annoying. I've moved to TSN.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I don't care about Jagr or his agent's intentions. What did Shero have to lose by putting on offer out there until 12:00:01 and then pulling it?
sprtn55
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sprtn55 »

This epic thread just got even more epic.
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jeffshly »

Lesky wrote:
KG wrote:Lesky....pens aren't going to beg Jagr to come back...They made a fair offer (they feel) on Tuesday. Then Jagr starting getting other teams involved...
I have never asked them to beg from crying out loud, just say: ACCEPT OUR OFFER IN 15 MINUTES or the offer is gone! Not much too ask from Ray if he had any real interest in Jagr other than saving his own image.
And how do you know that they didn't do this? How can you blame Lemieux for not being very ticked off over the way Jagr and Svoboda have handled this?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

We don't know how the negotiations...something tells me imposing a deadline for Jagr to sign wouldn't have worked either...

May be all for the best...
pensrule
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pensrule »

Gaucho wrote:
pensrule wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Meaning what?
That's exactly what he did. It certainly wasn't him who acted like a child.
No, he pulled the offer. That's childish.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Lesky, I just checked and it appears that the domain name "letsgojagr.com" is available if you want to jump on it. :pop:
Jamie
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Jamie »

Lesky, why would Svoboda go public and announce other teams are INVOLVED if Jagr had true intentions of signing in Pittsburgh? If he had any true intentions of signing in Pittsburgh, he keeps that under his hat. Sorry but the evidence I see is Svoboda drumming up a biddiing war for the most money.
Last edited by Jamie on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

PensOnDVD wrote:
imnosortoffabric wrote:
Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Last straw for #Pens was the other teams being brought in Thursday night. Way this was handled by Jagr doesn't sit well with #66. #tribpens
Pretty much tells me that he Penguins never got back to Jagr. Shero just withdraw the offer like he probably was planning all the time!
Pretty much tells me you have no idea what happened
I would say they withdrew the offer AFTER Svoboda mentioned MORE teams to them.

I think they are done with Svoboda. If Jagr HIMSELF called and said I'll sign I think they would still do it.
Jagr would never do that now even if he had planned to sign with the Penguins.

Why? Because what Shero did showed he had no interest in Jagr whatsoever.

Thats what irks me. I wish Jagr at least would have the chance to say yes or no.

How hard can it be to make a phone call?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Lesky wrote:
He had about THREE DAYS to accept the offer, for Pete's sake. Geez...
seabiscuit
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by seabiscuit »

How can you possibly side with Jagr over the Pens on this? Inconceivable!!
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jeffshly »

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't care about Jagr or his agent's intentions. What did Shero have to lose by putting on offer out there until 12:00:01 and then pulling it?
I think it's a safe bet that he pulled the $2M offer to Jagr in order to issue another offer for that money to another player. You can't have offers out there that put you over the cap limit because, if both were accepted, the Pens would be over the cap limit.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

pensrule wrote:
Gaucho wrote:
Meaning what?
This was Shero's way of saying "you're too late, time's up." It doesn't really matter if it's at 11:30 or 3:30. Jagr had plenty of time to decide, but gave Shero no indication that he would.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I'm sure this decision was not a Shero decision alone....I'm sure the big guy isn't too pleased...
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

Lesky wrote:
Hello? Shero already extended his deadline by a day and a half. That was very big of him. And you're b**ching about another 15 minutes?

The Pens didn't have another 15 minutes to waste on him. Today, you might imagine, will be an incredibly busy day for the Pittsburgh Penguins. They had already wasted far too much time and energy on Jagr. We all have.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.