Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by PensOnDVD »

imnosortoffabric wrote:
Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Last straw for #Pens was the other teams being brought in Thursday night. Way this was handled by Jagr doesn't sit well with #66. #tribpens
Pretty much tells me that he Penguins never got back to Jagr. Shero just withdraw the offer like he probably was planning all the time!
Pretty much tells me you have no idea what happened
I would say they withdrew the offer AFTER Svoboda mentioned MORE teams to them.

I think they are done with Svoboda. If Jagr HIMSELF called and said I'll sign I think they would still do it.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Lesky wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Last straw for #Pens was the other teams being brought in Thursday night. Way this was handled by Jagr doesn't sit well with #66. #tribpens
Pretty much tells me that he Penguins never got back to Jagr. Shero just withdraw the offer like he probably was planning all the time!
Why should they have? The ball was in Jagr's court. You will stick by Jagr on this one? Even after reportedly Detroit is removing their offer as well?

How can you possibly point the blame at Shero for this?
I would have expected Shero to give Svoboda a call and said. You got 30 minutes to accept the contract or else we move on. That would have been more fair, and at least that would have given Jagr the chance to accept the offer in the end! Now we will never know whether Jagr intended returning or not. Its possible he could take this as a sign that Shero never wanted him.

I am just as dissapointed in Jagr, but I think Shero should have handled this differently as well. If Shero has handled it the way I suggested above, it would feel alot better knowing Jagr got an ultimatum and declined Pittsburgh. Now Pittsburgh declined Jagr before he had replied!
Shero gave him a day and a half after the initial Wednesday deadline. There was no need for a 30 minute ultimatum.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

penny lane wrote:GM Shero is nobody's fool.
:thumb:
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

Lesky wrote:
pens2005 wrote:
Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Why should they have? The ball was in Jagr's court. You will stick by Jagr on this one? Even after reportedly Detroit is removing their offer as well?

How can you possibly point the blame at Shero for this?
I would have expected Shero to give Svoboda a call and said. You got 30 minutes to accept the contract or else we move on. That would have been more fair, and at least that would have given Jagr the chance to accept the offer in the end! Now we will never know whether Jagr intended returning or not. Its possible he could take this as a sign that Shero never wanted him.

I am just as dissapointed in Jagr, but I think Shero should have handled this differently as well. If Shero has handled it the way I suggested above, it would feel alot better knowing Jagr got an ultimatum and declined Pittsburgh. Now Pittsburgh declined Jagr before he had replied!
With the way Svoboda has conducted himself, he doesn't deserve to be treated like a respectable agent. He deserves to be treated like a child.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Lesky....pens aren't going to beg Jagr to come back...They made a fair offer (they feel) on Tuesday. Then Jagr starting getting other teams involved...
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Lesky wrote:
RobRossi_Trib Rob Rossi
Seriously, you need some perspective.

I am listening to 93.7 the fan and there is 100% support for Shero and his decision. Not one negative comment in the hour since the announcement.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Desiato wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:
bhaw wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Shero pulling the offer now is just as childish as anything Jagr and his agent have done. If you want to be firm, you tell him to sign the deal at noon or don't bother signing it.
You have to withdraw it. Telling him "don't bother signing" is not legal language. Technically, Jagr could still sign unless the contract is withdrawn.
You're making an oddly technical argument here. I'm not even going to clarify what I was saying because it was so obvious.
What's obvious is your emotions are getting the better of you. Shero extended his deadline for two days. If Jagr wanted this to happen as much as claimed, it would have happened. Shero doesn't have time to talk about Jagr anymore. There are players out there who want to play for this team.

Shero has been a consummate professional throughout this entire _ordeal_. The Pens and their fans were pawns in Jagr's game. They played Shero, Mario, the Pens, all of us.
I wanted Jagr, but I don't really care if he signs or not. Its a joke that Shero pulled the offer before an official offer even existed. Shero showed that he had no intention of signing Jagr by handling it this way, he put it on Jagr so the fans wouldn't lynch him.
psubreno14
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by psubreno14 »

Myriad wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Sounds like Holland or RS don't want Jagr enough to wait for him over other options. They can still offer again after the other FA go away.
That's an interesting take on it. The Pens have some wiggle room after TK has now been signed. Talbot and Rupp won't be back. 4.5 mil left.
I wonder whether Jagr will come back and ask for a contract again
Shero: "Remember when you said you'd play for the League Minimum? Yeah, that's what we'll give you"
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Gaucho wrote:
penny lane wrote:GM Shero is nobody's fool.
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

The worst thing about this is Cook has a massive boner about how happy he is
Kerry Fraser
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Kerry Fraser »

psubreno14 wrote:
Myriad wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:
AlexPKeaton wrote:Sounds like Holland or RS don't want Jagr enough to wait for him over other options. They can still offer again after the other FA go away.
That's an interesting take on it. The Pens have some wiggle room after TK has now been signed. Talbot and Rupp won't be back. 4.5 mil left.
Shero: "Remember when you said you'd play for the League Minimum? Yeah, that's what we'll give you"
I don't want him back at any price now.
GenoSidStaalsy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by GenoSidStaalsy »

Free Candy + Jagr = Can't Wait
jamespensfan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by jamespensfan »

Myriad wrote:The worst thing about this is Cook has a massive boner about how happy he is
I am happy about it too. No boner though.
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

Kerry Fraser wrote:
psubreno14 wrote:
Myriad wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:
I'd take him for cheap. If he starts doing anything stupid just throw him to the AHL
pensrule
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by pensrule »

I thought RS was smarter than this....
jeffshly
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jeffshly »

Idoit40fans wrote: Its a joke that Shero pulled the offer before an official offer even existed. Shero showed that he had no intention of signing Jagr by handling it this way, he put it on Jagr so the fans wouldn't lynch him.
What are you smoking? No "official offer?" It's been out there for a few days?
pfim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by pfim »

Idoit40fans wrote:
I wanted Jagr, but I don't really care if he signs or not. Its a joke that Shero pulled the offer before an official offer even existed. Shero showed that he had no intention of signing Jagr by handling it this way, he put it on Jagr so the fans wouldn't lynch him.
He had 3 days to handshake on the offer. 30 more minutes wasn't going to matter.
psubreno14
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by psubreno14 »

Kerry Fraser wrote:
psubreno14 wrote:
Myriad wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:
Sign him for the League Minimum and trade him to Edmonton
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by The Snapshot »

It is still not out of the question that Jagr comes back with his tail between his legs. I don'y know how likely, but it is still possible - expecially if Detroit pulled their offer too.

I stand by my statement earlier yesterday. Jagr was a "nice to have" and this team, pretty much as constituted now that Kennedy is back, was within inches of first overall in the conference with no PP, Crosby, Malkin, Staal and many others for large parts of the year.

Come next deadline, there will be UFAs available as rentals that are SO much better than this crop of UFAs (that dwindled even futher as many re-signed with their teams). Having cap space next trade deadline will allow us to assess any weaknesses. With Neal, Kennedy, Kunitz Malkin (if he plays wing) and yes even Tangradi (assuming his Mom lets him play) - we have enough at wing to win.
Daniel87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Daniel87 »

I say we all prank call Svoboda and egg Jagr's house!
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

jeffshly wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote: Its a joke that Shero pulled the offer before an official offer even existed. Shero showed that he had no intention of signing Jagr by handling it this way, he put it on Jagr so the fans wouldn't lynch him.
What are you smoking? No "official offer?" It's been out there for a few days?
Out there and unable to be accepted. Jagr was never able to sign a contract, there was no real offer.

This is completely ignoring Jagr's intentions, which I'm sure were to mercenary himself to the highest bidder, but Shero showed his hand when he pulled the offer before FA started too.
Last edited by Idoit40fans on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

shafnutz05 wrote:Lesky, you are blinded by your love for Jagr...

What is not correct with my statement?

Pittsburgh withdraw their offer before Jagr had decided what to do. FACT!

Jagr is to blame for the delay - but now we will never know what Jagr would have decided had the Penguins offer still been on the table!

I am only saying it would made a lot more sense to give Jagr an ultimatum than just withdraw the offer. Had Shero really
wanted Jagr he would have given him the ultimatum.

Shero was more happy to eliminate every change of Jagr signing than making a 1 minute phone call and putting Jagr against the wall.

That does not excuse Jagr for delaying the process, but it shows both Jagr and the fans that Shero never ever wanted him on the team.
Last edited by Lesky on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 31 times in total.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

pensrule wrote:I thought RS was smarter than this....
Meaning what?
Myriad
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Myriad »

The Snapshot wrote:It is still not out of the question that Jagr comes back with his tail between his legs. I don'y know how likely, but it is still possible - expecially if Detroit pulled their offer too.

I stand by my statement earlier yesterday. Jagr was a "nice to have" and this team, pretty much as constituted now that Kennedy is back, was within inches of first overall in the conference with no PP, Crosby, Malkin, Staal and many others for large parts of the year.

Come next deadline, there will be UFAs available as rentals that are SO much better than this crop of UFAs (that dwindled even futher as many re-signed with their teams). Having cap space next trade deadline will allow us to assess any weaknesses. With Neal, Kennedy, Kunitz Malkin (if he plays wing) and yes even Tangradi (assuming his Mom lets him play) - we have enough at wing to win.
:thumb: I think this is the right response honestly