2014-15 Non-Pens Transactions

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: 2014-15 Non-Pens Transactions

Post by SubtropicalPenguin »

Despite overpaying on Boychuk, the Isles cap situation is still pretty good. They have Tavares at a complete bargain at 5.5 against the cap until after the 17/18 season. They have Visnovsky coming off the books next year at 4.75 million, and it looks like they already have about 5 million in cap space. Even adding Leddy and Boychuk salaries, they will have plenty of space. AND, the piece de resistance, Yashin is finally coming off the books. Hard to believe, but he is still getting paid by the Isles, and has a 2.2 million cap hit, even though he hasn't played in the NHL since 2007. (BTW, I miss capgeek... sooooo much better than nhlnumbers).
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

MRandall25 wrote:
meow wrote:Somehow, Boychuk averages more PP time than Leddy and Visnovsky. Whaaaa?
I thought Vis was hurt at some point, then just became the odd man out there. He's getting older and his play has dropped as a result.
He was hurt, but that was around Christmas, I think. It makes sense, but it's still so weird to see the numbers.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Chris Tanev: 5 years @ $4.45 per. Wow. Admittedly, I've not really seen Tanev play much, but that hit me like a Jeff Finger deal.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Kraftster wrote:Chris Tanev: 5 years @ $4.45 per. Wow. Admittedly, I've not really seen Tanev play much, but that hit me like a Jeff Finger deal.
I wonder if Jeff Finger gets drunk and tells the story and is like

And then... And them... And then... What was I talking about? Barkeep another... Oh yeah and then they paid me 14 million dollars! Did you hear that 14 MILLION!
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Chris Tanev: 5 years @ $4.45 per. Wow. Admittedly, I've not really seen Tanev play much, but that hit me like a Jeff Finger deal.
I wonder if Jeff Finger gets drunk and tells the story and is like

And then... And them... And then... What was I talking about? Barkeep another... Oh yeah and then they paid me 14 million dollars! Did you hear that 14 MILLION!
Is he talking to Engelland?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Tanev is quality.