Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by npv708 »

MWB wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:Ok, after nan came out as red, who jumped on that bandwagon? Chances are he came out as red so when people jumped on, it would look less suspicious. I bet there is a baddie hiding in that list.
I have a couple of ideas about this, thinking that NAN probably said something to them like "hey I'm going to out myself, hop on and vote for me and it will help you guys throw the scent."

So it would more likely be people who voted for nan before he came out, right?
It could be either.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

npv708 wrote:
crayz wrote:here's my thoughts....i dont have time to research atm while at work but if someone can...

1) List out who voted for nan on day 1 and who would not vote for nan
2) List who swapped off nan vs who stayed on nan
3) Who voted for nan yesterday/wouldn't vote

analyze these and i think we can make a suspect list
I agree that this is a good way to go. I voted for NAN a few times over the last few days, but switched on/off. It won't do much to help my case, but it might help a little bit.
Im in the same boat. I voted for nan and switched on day 2 I think it was. I then switched to nan after he outed himself.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Here's the list of nan voters, in order, before nan came out: slappybrown, hockeynut, kicksave, c2i, cup keeper, bhaw relantel
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

npv708 wrote:
MWB wrote:
npv708 wrote:
I have a couple of ideas about this, thinking that NAN probably said something to them like "hey I'm going to out myself, hop on and vote for me and it will help you guys throw the scent."

So it would more likely be people who voted for nan before he came out, right?
It could be either.
But why wouldn't people jump on someone afterwards? If it's a situation where he lets them know he's going to come out, it seems more likely they'd want to do it beforehand to gain favor instead of afterwards.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:lynch bhaw

We need to know why he came out early to defend a nan vote.
dude... i never defended nan and I was the first one in this entire game to vote for him.

lynch redwill

he hasn't said anything since almost getting the lynch. obviously defending yourself is a big no no in the game (as apparent with me) and he recognized that and is sitting back.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

That first vote for nan was in the midst of a thg bandwagon that everyone knew would happen.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB wrote:But why wouldn't people jump on someone afterwards? If it's a situation where he lets them know he's going to come out, it seems more likely they'd want to do it beforehand to gain favor instead of afterwards.
voting for nan after he outs himself cant tell us anything good or bad about anyone (IMO). He said he was a baddie and if you didnt vote for him you probably just didnt make it in time. If you did, well, its the smart move. The vote happened really quick after he did it.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

PensFanInDC wrote:
MWB wrote:But why wouldn't people jump on someone afterwards? If it's a situation where he lets them know he's going to come out, it seems more likely they'd want to do it beforehand to gain favor instead of afterwards.
voting for nan after he outs himself cant tell us anything good or bad about anyone (IMO). He said he was a baddie and if you didnt vote for him you probably just didnt make it in time. If you did, well, its the smart move. The vote happened really quick after he did it.
Right, that's my thinking on it as well.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

lynch npv
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:That first vote for nan was in the midst of a thg bandwagon that everyone knew would happen.
Ok, you're smart with this game...

1. Why would I throw nan out there in that situation if thg was a foregone conclusion if I was bad
2. why would nan then come out as bad making me look even more suspicious if I was bad? If i was a bad guy, nan coming out was probably a death warrant for me, and why would he screw me like that? He'd at least play it out.

thg was only 1/2 way there when I voted. it wasn't like there were 13 votes.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

count2infinity wrote:lynch npv
reasoning?
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

npv708 wrote:
count2infinity wrote:lynch npv
reasoning?
prob the same from yesterday... would be my guess.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

This recruiting of a good rp has me really thinking about this. NAN was an important asset to the mafia as their cop so it would bad to sacrifice him even if he couldn't play without a backup plan. I find it interesting that the night after the mafia loses their cop they convert a good rp (possibly the good cop).
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

cup keeper wrote:This recruiting of a good rp has me really thinking about this. NAN was an important asset to the mafia as their cop so it would bad to sacrifice him even if he couldn't play without a backup plan. I find it interesting that the night after the mafia loses their cop they convert a good rp (possibly the good cop).
if they got the good cop or vig or whatever else was left, do they keep their powers? So does the vig have the power to shoot people on the bad side?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

lynch bhaw

Let's not let people off the hook now. If bhaw ends up bad, we know redwill is probably good because why would they rob Peter to pay Paul?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

unlynch bhaw

You seemed to have some interest in having NAN not lynched on day 2, thats what i meant by defending him.

lynch redwill

I'm going with my vote from last round, i can see NAN having come out to distract the village from the ones that were on the chopping block last time.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

crayz wrote:here's my thoughts....i dont have time to research atm while at work but if someone can...

1) List out who voted for nan on day 1 and who would not vote for nan
2) List who swapped off nan vs who stayed on nan
3) Who voted for nan yesterday/wouldn't vote

analyze these and i think we can make a suspect list
Please hold off on votes for a few min...i'm gathering all this data...making time for it

let's look at this logically and make a decision
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

Also the recruitment could have been a vampire role like there was in NHL Wars. That person was good until the mafia went after them and then they were bad.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
MWB wrote:That first vote for nan was in the midst of a thg bandwagon that everyone knew would happen.

1. Why would I throw nan out there in that situation if thg was a foregone conclusion if I was bad
2. why would nan then come out as bad making me look even more suspicious if I was bad? If i was a bad guy, nan coming out was probably a death warrant for me, and why would he screw me like that? He'd at least play it out.

Everyone, even people not playing the game, knew thg was going in the first round. Your vote, "I'm old school, lynch nan" came out like a joke. In all of your posts where you later switched to sdm you said something to the effect of, "I'll vote for nan if need be..." or "I'd still vote for nan..." but didn't actually vote for him until today, right before he came out. Just looks suspicious to me.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

bhaw wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:lynch bhaw

We need to know why he came out early to defend a nan vote.
dude... i never defended nan and I was the first one in this entire game to vote for him.

lynch redwill

he hasn't said anything since almost getting the lynch. obviously defending yourself is a big no no in the game (as apparent with me) and he recognized that and is sitting back.
Yeah, on day 1 were you knew THG was going first. You knew that wasn't going to sway anyone. I voted from him 1 and 2, but I knew day 1 was just for lulz since THG's lynching was inevitable.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

cup keeper wrote:Also the recruitment could have been a vampire role like there was in NHL Wars. That person was good until the mafia went after them and then they were bad.
then i think we should get rid of kicksave.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

I thought the bhaw/Hockeynut! fighting seemed like a townie battle, and Hockeynut! turned out to be town... so that leads me away from bhaw IMO.

This leads me to this: Who benefitted from NAN coming out as mafia? Is there something behind the timing?

With NAN being their cop, he was possibly their most valuable asset; so why jump under the bus at that point? Voting was well under way, everyone got off NAN's vote, and then he comes out? This, IMO, points to npv. I don't care how much or little NAN could play, why wouldn't they try to squeeze one more night phase out of it? The most sensible thing, to me, would be that they were going to lose a member either way so it might as well be the one who can't play.

lynch npv708
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:
cup keeper wrote:This recruiting of a good rp has me really thinking about this. NAN was an important asset to the mafia as their cop so it would bad to sacrifice him even if he couldn't play without a backup plan. I find it interesting that the night after the mafia loses their cop they convert a good rp (possibly the good cop).
if they got the good cop or vig or whatever else was left, do they keep their powers? So does the vig have the power to shoot people on the bad side?
The way the vig has been I don't think it matters.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Troy Loney wrote:
cup keeper wrote:Also the recruitment could have been a vampire role like there was in NHL Wars. That person was good until the mafia went after them and then they were bad.
then i think we should get rid of kicksave.
But I'm not a role player. It says a RP was converted.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:

Everyone, even people not playing the game, knew thg was going in the first round. Your vote, "I'm old school, lynch nan" came out like a joke. In all of your posts where you later switched to sdm you said something to the effect of, "I'll vote for nan if need be..." or "I'd still vote for nan..." but didn't actually vote for him until today, right before he came out. Just looks suspicious to me.
Yeah, exactly... nan coming out makes me look even worse. why would he do that to me if it's going to make me look bad?