Jerry Sandusky and Related Trials

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Jerry Sandusky Trial

Post by IanMoran »

Also, in defense of Mac... I heard the same report he did I'm guessing (I forget from where)

Some news channel said something along the lines of how strong of a witness victim #____ was / stood up well in cross-defense, but one negative for the prosecution was how he was completely emotionless

Mac was just relaying what a news lady said pretty much verbatim
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

IanMoran wrote:Does the prosecution only have witness testimony? Couldn't this still be hard to prove within a reasonable doubt?
To prove all the charges? Yes. But there are what, 56 separate counts?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Staggy wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:As a PSU alum I want Curley, Spanier, Schultz, and anyone else that buried, halted, or prevented any investigation into Sandusky to get the book thrown at them and more. I want Sandusky to get the worse treatment possible as well. Based on the testimony and evidence presented so far, I believe he is guilty.

I think most PSU alumni share my feelings.
Agreed.
Thirded

#PssedoffPSUAlum
Staggy wrote:After he saw Sandusky and the boy in the shower he claimed he slammed his locker in a "Someone's hear! Break it up!" way then immediately went to his office.
I hope McQueary dies of Ebola.
columbia wrote:
shmenguin wrote:Wow. So McQueary is a bigger sack of **** than I thought.
Well that applies to everyone at PSU and the local authorities, who had any knowledge of what was happening.
Yeah, but I think it applies a little bit more equally to McQueary.

It's one thing to hear the news first- or second-hand. It's something else entirely to be a witness to the act and turn your back.
IanMoran wrote:Does the prosecution only have witness testimony? Couldn't this still be hard to prove within a reasonable doubt?
I do remember something in the grand jury report about physical evidence...... but I agree, this is not a slam-dunk case to make with just victim and eyewitness testimony.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

After Judge John Cleland adjourned for the day, Sandusky spent a few minutes chatting and laughing — breaking out in a big grin a few times — with a few old friends and supporters.
Washington Post article

The guy truly is messed in the head and lives in a fantasy world.
Last edited by Pitts on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Washington Post you mean?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

shafnutz05 wrote:Washington Post you mean?
Lol...sure, whatever works.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

“We still believe in Jerry,” said Joyce Porter, who said she’d been a friend for 40 years. Asked about the testimony, she said, “Some of them, they’ve been coached, don’t you think?”

Another friend of 45 years, Kathy Sulkowski, said of Sandusky, “There’s so many kids that he turned their lives around. . . . I totally trust him.”
Ok...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

columbia wrote:
“We still believe in Jerry,” said Joyce Porter, who said she’d been a friend for 40 years. Asked about the testimony, she said, “Some of them, they’ve been coached, don’t you think?”

Another friend of 45 years, Kathy Sulkowski, said of Sandusky, “There’s so many kids that he turned their lives around. . . . I totally trust him.”
Ok...
Sheep...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Here's another gem from the ESPN article posted earlier:
Jessica Dershem, a child-welfare caseworker who spoke to Sandusky about the boy's claims, testified that the coach denied having sexual contact with the boy but did acknowledge lying on top of him and blowing "raspberries" on the boy's belly. Dershem said Sandusky told her he couldn't recall whether he had ever touched the boy below the waist.
Now, I'm a dad of 3, 2 of them boys. I don't know about most other fathers, but I think "blowing raspberries" on their bellies stops at about age 7 or 8. I don't think I ever thought of doing that goofiness to even my 11 year old son in the past 2-3 years. The man is TWISTED!
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

Pitts wrote:
After Judge John Cleland adjourned for the day, Sandusky spent a few minutes chatting and laughing — breaking out in a big grin a few times — with a few old friends and supporters.
Washington Post article

The guy truly is messed in the head and lives in a fantasy world.
Most pedophiles do.

Graham James, to this day, can't understand why Sheldon Kennedy and Theo Fleury "didn't return his love"... :face:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Mr. Rominger asked Mr. McQueary if he knew what a mandatory reporter is (categories of people who are required to report possible sexual abuse), and the answer was no. Mr. McQueary was the CEO of a medical group at the time of the 2001 incident.

Mr. Rominger asked him what it would have taken for him to tell his son to call 911 that night.

"He would have had to tell me he saw someone injured, screaming, hurt. I don't know what he would have had to tell me. You're asking me to say 'what if'," Mr. McQueary said.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loc ... al-640157/

:face:

This is what bothers me about this case. People like McQueary's dad don't see anything wrong with their apathy.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Pitts wrote:Here's another gem from the ESPN article posted earlier:
Jessica Dershem, a child-welfare caseworker who spoke to Sandusky about the boy's claims, testified that the coach denied having sexual contact with the boy but did acknowledge lying on top of him and blowing "raspberries" on the boy's belly. Dershem said Sandusky told her he couldn't recall whether he had ever touched the boy below the waist.
Now, I'm a dad of 3, 2 of them boys. I don't know about most other fathers, but I think "blowing raspberries" on their bellies stops at about age 7 or 8. I don't think I ever thought of doing that goofiness to even my 11 year old son in the past 2-3 years. The man is TWISTED!
Nobody will ever give my kid a "raspberrie" if they aren't blood. It's ridiculous that people thought it was even acceptable in the first place.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

yeah my dad never gave me "raspberries," i don't even know what that is. but if i had a kid and heard somebody was doing that to my son? they'd be in some trouble.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I give my wife raspberries
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

shafnutz05 wrote:I give my wife raspberries
Your wife isn't 12 years old, and a boy either.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

ulf wrote:yeah my dad never gave me "raspberries," i don't even know what that is.
A raspberry is when you put your open mouth on some area of skin and blow out hard, causing a lot of ticklish flapping and loud sounds.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

So basically Sandusky is saying that all his weird pedophile stories are true except the oral sex and fondling parts. Sounds like a winning defense.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Troy Loney wrote:So basically Sandusky is saying that all his weird pedophile stories are true except the oral sex and fondling parts. Sounds like a winning defense.
This made me laugh cause of the inflection I read it in.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

McQueary's father tesifies:

John McQueary testified about the night his son arrived at his home, telling him that he had seen Mr. Sandusky in the locker room showers in a sex act with the defendant.

On cross-examination by defense attorney Karl Rominger, John McQueary could not recall testifying at the preliminary hearing for Penn State athletic director Tim Curley or Vice President Gary Schultz. Even after being shown a copy of the hearing transcript, listing him as a witness, as well as viewing pages of his own testimony, the man denied testifying there.

Mr. Rominger asked Mr. McQueary if he knew what a mandatory reporter is (categories of people who are required to report possible sexual abuse), and the answer was no. Mr. McQueary was the CEO of a medical group at the time of the 2001 incident.

Mr. Rominger asked him what it would have taken for him to tell his son to call 911 that night.

"He would have had to tell me he saw someone injured, screaming, hurt. I don't know what he would have had to tell me. You're asking me to say 'what if'," Mr. McQueary said.
As Shaf would say wow, just wow.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loc ... z1xi7MW12n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Piece of **** family
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Factorial wrote:McQueary's father tesifies:

John McQueary testified about the night his son arrived at his home, telling him that he had seen Mr. Sandusky in the locker room showers in a sex act with the defendant.

On cross-examination by defense attorney Karl Rominger, John McQueary could not recall testifying at the preliminary hearing for Penn State athletic director Tim Curley or Vice President Gary Schultz. Even after being shown a copy of the hearing transcript, listing him as a witness, as well as viewing pages of his own testimony, the man denied testifying there.

As Shaf would say wow, just wow.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/loc ... z1xi7MW12n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i posted the same thing just a few hours earlier. he should be shunned by society.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

So "injured, screaming, or hurt," you call 911. Old man having sex with a kid, don't call 911. Insanity.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I feel like the victim testimony is buring Sandusky. There's no way IMO he doesn't get convicted
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Guy I was decent friends with until a couple years back (he ripped me off in a fantasy FB league) was involved in second mile as a kid and idolizes Sandusky. He went to bowl games, away games, etc and kept in touch with JS. Hoping he wasn't abused. He came out in Nov and supported JS to the media. I keep wondering if he will be called as a character witness for the defense.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jimjom »

Oh and something I should hae added to my post above -- dude needs his #$% kicked for supporting this monstrosity of a human. Should I see him again he'll be hearing that from my mouth.