Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Irish Revolution Warz Post Game Thread

Post by IrishEyes »

thehockeyguru wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:Awesome game, obhave. I had a lot of fun.

Zaro, that's twice you shot me. I'm starting to think you just don't like me. :lol:
He's not the only one :lol:
Well maybe I don't like you, either. :evil:

:pop:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Godric wrote:
obhave wrote: Well I'm glad I convinced you to play :D Just try and read the thread next time before you post things so you know what going on! :lol:
:lol:

MWB and Zaro ..... :oops:
?
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

MWB wrote:
Godric wrote:
obhave wrote: Well I'm glad I convinced you to play :D Just try and read the thread next time before you post things so you know what going on! :lol:

?
He thought you were red and missed the whole thing about Zaro being the vig. Basically he didn't read the thread very intently up until that point :lol:
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

In the future if there is to be no night talking you should mention that after each day write up. I was guilty of it because I didn't read the fine print in the 1st writeup. Had I known I would have said anything when I did.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
obhave wrote:Just of curiosity for more experienced mods, when it came to teib and fleury495 requesting to be modkilled due to inability to post, should I have done that? Or should of left them in the game?
That is a no win situation, especially if there are more than one. I think you made the right move, it just made it difficult.

I don't think you should have killed Zaro though. I know what he did was wrong, but at the same time, it didn't really change anything. He was a pivitol player and could have changed the game good or bad.

I know a lot of people hate night talking, but I think it's a part of the game, and if someone does talk because they didn't pay attention to the rules (I know I just skim through at the beginning and miss those things) and are a big role to the game, it just kind of changes the game. It's like the refs dictating the game and not the players.

I didn't like zaro doing that. he basically used the night phase to tell you that he had a kill that night. He had just killed the night before so it wasn't really apparant that he had a kill. Not that it would have changed anything, but night talking was disallowed, and letting the other rps know that he had a kill that night was strategic.
I can see your point, and obhave was definitely in a tough spot. The only suggestion I would add is that as soon as there is night talking, issue one warning, then modkill the next talker/poster at night.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

obhave wrote:
MWB wrote:
Godric wrote:

?
He thought you were red and missed the whole thing about Zaro being the vig. Basically he didn't read the thread very intently up until that point :lol:
Ahh... no big deal. People miss stuff like that a lot, and a lot of people thought I was red, so that was my own fault.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

thehockeyguru wrote:In the future if there is to be no night talking you should mention that after each day write up. I was guilty of it because I didn't read the fine print in the 1st writeup. Had I known I would have said anything when I did.
I will make it huge, bold, and in each write up. I thought me shhhing people each night was also an indication...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

obhave wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:In the future if there is to be no night talking you should mention that after each day write up. I was guilty of it because I didn't read the fine print in the 1st writeup. Had I known I would have said anything when I did.
I will make it huge, bold, and in each write up. I thought me shhhing people each night was also an indication...
I typically dont read anything that others write at night unless I'm an RP. I just like to post my observations.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

okay, got it. I will try to make it more visible.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

obhave wrote:
If people don't notice your warnings, that's on them. You stated it at the beginning and warned people for talking a couple of the nights early on... that should be enough.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Agreed. And I was guilty of night talking, too.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

obhave wrote:
I think it absolutely was enough of a warning. And i think what zaro said was strategy. It was a tough loss for the good guys, but i think it was more than fair.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

thehockeyguru wrote:
newarenanow wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:When we almost had the game locked up Rel looked into me. Definitely was a big :face: IMO.
Actually, I thought that was a great look. There are a handful of people that seem to blend in nicely whether good or bad, and I think you are one that always leaves a question in my head, and maybe in others. Seeing that you were blue, it could put complete trust in you. Guys like canaan, Troy, bhaw, Senka, and you (and maybe a few others) are very tough to read IMO. If you are bad, you can string along and direct kills w/o getting much suspicion on you. And if you are good, it is a good person to rely upon.

You have to look at it from the view that we have no idea if you are telling the truth or not. Honestly, when he looked at you, it made me look at the game differently and start feeling like I knew who some of the bad guys were.

The game changer for me other than your good work as seer was the Day killing of MWB. When he came back blue and I was able to see who got in on that vote, and it was very easy to see who was Red at that point. The fact that I sat back on that vote should have been reason enough not to look into me.
Yep. I was pretty sure MWB was blue by the end, but this was a true example of a very worthwhile blue kill.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Benny Fitz wrote:
obhave wrote:
I think it absolutely was enough of a warning. And i think what zaro said was strategy. It was a tough loss for the good guys, but i think it was more than fair.
I agree. I'd also say that columbia posting a :pop: after he wasn't killed one of the nights earlier could be construed as strategy.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

MWB wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:
obhave wrote:
I agree. I'd also say that columbia posting a :pop: after he wasn't killed one of the nights earlier could be construed as strategy.
That's a fair interpretation, though I didn't intend it that.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

Of course I won the first prize and had to use Irish words in the rest of my post, really made it hard to get the bandwagon started on Benny :pop:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

pittsports87 wrote:Of course I won the first prize and had to use Irish words in the rest of my post, really made it hard to get the bandwagon started on Benny :pop:
Was it you that could only speak like a drunk in one of the games?
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

columbia wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:Of course I won the first prize and had to use Irish words in the rest of my post, really made it hard to get the bandwagon started on Benny :pop:
Was it you that could only speak like a drunk in one of the games?
Yeah, Beer warz. I was the town drunk, once 4 votes were cast in that one I had to post drunk. That was much worse than this one!
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

thehockeyguru wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:When is the Kraftster and Benny game set to go off?
We should get the sign up thread up today to start whenever we are ready next week.
Good deal I was hoping that your game would be ready. I am going to Canada the week of the 15th and was hoping to post a signup thread for the Battle of Gettysburg on the 20th.
The sign up thread will be going up sometime tomorrow. Watch for it. We'll start sometime next week.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Awesome.... I'll be able to get one more game in before going on hiatus.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Kraftster wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:When is the Kraftster and Benny game set to go off?
We should get the sign up thread up today to start whenever we are ready next week.
Good deal I was hoping that your game would be ready. I am going to Canada the week of the 15th and was hoping to post a signup thread for the Battle of Gettysburg on the 20th.
The sign up thread will be going up sometime tomorrow. Watch for it. We'll start sometime next week.
Can I ask for a pre-emptive "in"? I won't be around this weekend, and chances are I'll forget by Monday.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

IrishEyes wrote:Can I ask for a pre-emptive "in"? I won't be around this weekend, and chances are I'll forget by Monday.
This for me to please.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

I knew it seemed odd to be defending Kraftster as much as I was, since most everyone assumed there were no more greens left. At first, it was a case of how to subtly keep Kraftster from getting votes without needing to role claim. About the only one that picked up on it was MWB. I thought by leaving it at "Not Red" but the fear of purple forced the hand a little further, eventually to the full out roleclaim. I purposely never clarified what specific color he was - thg and others assumed blue, and correcting that outright we felt would make him a target of the reds sooner than otherwise. When I died, though, I thought he might get in trouble for having claimed my role name - Michael Collins - but good to see the Irish didn't get hung up on that. Kraftster was trying to put a target on his back hoping to draw fire.

Must give props to kraftster - we had already decided to use the kill on Troy, and he came up with looking at Gaucho, which really broke open the red logjam. Prior to that, we had ideas but nothing to go on.

and for what it's worth - the missed night 4 see would have been MWB. We were annoyed by the way that night phase was, as I was out of LGP pocket outside of work this week, which meant missing that phase entirely. I registered my complaint, if only so that type of window would not be repeated for future night phases. It may have helped in the long run as that was one less blue name to have a question about had we gotten one in (which might not have still been MWB for all I know, if we were thinking about it)

Props to obhave and redwill for an entertaining game. Props to Benny on an entertaining exit - thought for sure the way he was posting that he was going to end the game. Was surprised with the exit that he was still blue. My death turned out to be unimportant, in that Kraftster was able to know the identity of the see, being copied on the reply PM from obhave.

It's kind of funny, but the phase where all four greens were outed, really gave a sense of numbers in the village. The Reds going after the angel so many times just helped the village. I think there was a game a while back where TWC and MWB were alternating who was protected, one was angel and the other the seer. I think we as reds in that one guessed wrong on consecutive nights, perhaps three in row - really criples when the reds don't successfully night kill. It's as if the better strategy is to kill the unknown to whittle the numbers down faster - and hope to get to a point where even if the seer knows who you are it is near moot with the red numbers getting closer to majority.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

relantel wrote: It's kind of funny, but the phase where all four greens were outed, really gave a sense of numbers in the village. The Reds going after the angel so many times just helped the village. I think there was a game a while back where TWC and MWB were alternating who was protected, one was angel and the other the seer. I think we as reds in that one guessed wrong on consecutive nights, perhaps three in row - really criples when the reds don't successfully night kill. It's as if the better strategy is to kill the unknown to whittle the numbers down faster - and hope to get to a point where even if the seer knows who you are it is near moot with the red numbers getting closer to majority.
Interesting.

Though we didn't specifically talk about it, our collective sense was that we had to start picking off greens as soon as possible.
(That didn't work, for the most part.)
If there are fewer greens on the board, you can probably feel the luxury of picking off known blues (or at least those that your think are blue), because the greens haven't established leverage/direction for the rest of the village.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

I think the blues should just do as they see fit while the seer is alive and well. Hunches, gut feelings, tells, votes, pissing people off so they go on rants, etc. Go for broke. Anything you can do to give the seer more of an educated guess is part of you're blue responsibility. Which is why I love being blue so much. If a blue nabs a red then consider it a bonus. All the while the seer should sit and gather intel. Every night that the seer is alive is another person cleared/convicted. Then it's up to the seer to decide what to do with the info. They can watch to see how that person votes or who they defend, or they can try to steer the vote towards a baddie, drop hints or whatever they want. IMO a blue's job is to get out there and make people uncomfortable so the greens can decipher the rest.