*** Inception Warz *** Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: *** Inception Warz *** Game Thread

Post by DocEmrick »

Day 5

The projections gathered around redwill, clamoring that he was the last piece of the puzzle they were looking for. After they killed him it was revealed that redwill was
Spoiler:
A subconscious projection
Spoiler:
It is now Night 6.

1. Kaizer
2. shafnutz05 - Mal Cobb, subconscious ally vanquished on Day 3.
3. canaan - Dominic Cobb, killed on Night 5.
4. c2i
5. redwill - A subconscious projection, vanquished on Day 5.
6. columbia - Eames, the Extraction Team's Forger killed and woken up by his own team on Day 2
7. SDD - The Security Agent, killed Day 3
8. newarenanow
9. ulf - Subconcious Projection vanqiushed on Night 1
10. Pavel Bure - A subconscious projection vanquished Day 4
11. CBear3 - The Investigator, killed on Night 5.
12. obhave
13. Troy Loney
14. Krafster
15. Willie Kool
16. Benny Fitz
17. Rylan
18. Loaf31 - Mod Killed on Day 3
19. PFiDC - Subconcious Projection vanqiushed on Day 1
20. MWB
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

so first we run over the time limit, and it looks like the day phase is over without a vote, then votes after the limit count and we kill redwill with only 5 votes, when doc said it would take 6?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Kaizer wrote:so first we run over the time limit, and it looks like the day phase is over without a vote, then votes after the limit count and we kill redwill with only 5 votes, when doc said it would take 6?
Time Limit was reached, majority vote stood at time limit. 6 was just your total if it was reached.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

gotcha
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

DocEmrick wrote:
Kaizer wrote:so first we run over the time limit, and it looks like the day phase is over without a vote, then votes after the limit count and we kill redwill with only 5 votes, when doc said it would take 6?
Time Limit was reached, majority vote stood at time limit. 6 was just your total if it was reached.
So my assumption about yesterday was actually correct?
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

MWB wrote:So my assumption about yesterday was actually correct?
Looks that way, guess I just assumed we had to hit the limit. :oops:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Willie Kool wrote:
Which really doesn't make sense. Games are usually just a majority, not that you have to hit the limit.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

MWB wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
Which really doesn't make sense. Games are usually just a majority, not that you have to hit the limit.
"In a dream your mind functions more quickly. Therefore, time seems to speed up," Dom Cobb
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

IMO Doc, having three hour day phases and then a 17 hour night doesn't seem to put equal pressure on the village and the reds. At least in the spirit of the movie, where the Extraction Team is really who should be feeling the increased pressure, not the village.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

But we were really talking about the vote limit (8 needed to vanquish or just a majority at the deadline), not the time limit.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Willie Kool wrote:But we were really talking about the vote limit (8 needed to vanquish or just a majority at the deadline), not the time limit.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Willie please stop conversing with MWB. He's currently not allowed to sit at our lunch table.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Benny Fitz wrote:Willie please stop conversing with MWB. He's currently not allowed to sit at our lunch table.
:lol:
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Night 6
Spoiler:
Arthur ducked behind cover, as MWB and Willie Kool strolled by. He popped out from behind a dimly lit bookcase in the lair of the locked political thread.

Arthur made his way to the elevator of the locked political thread, pressing the button for the top floor. He reached door number 1528, and kicked it down. The room inside was ripe with obtuseness, and hate. An argument of great magnitude had just taken place.

Arthur drew his gun, and rounded another corner, leading to the final resting place of the Target's subconscious. The Target sat alone, in a wooden chair, facing the wall.

"Have you come to kill me?" The Target asked.

"You know that's not necessary, as we are in a dream. I need the plans, and we're not getting out of here without them," Arthur said.

A sudden clicking from a dark corner caught Arthur's attention, and suddenly; a man appeared in front of the Target.

"I've been waiting for you to finally reach me," said the Assassin. The Target turned, stunned by the sudden appearance.

Arthur's gun trained from the Target's head, to The Assassin.

"Give me the business plans," ordered the Assassin.

Genuinely confused, the Target stood from his chair, stunned at the stand-off between Arthur and the Assassin.

"It's over anyways, you can't save me anymore," the Target stated, defenseless and without a weapon.

"Give me the plans, and it will be over. I can wake us up from this dream. All of us, including you Arthur. Of course I can't say what will happen when we all wake up, but it should be interesting."

"You were the one who planted the Investigator, and the Security Agent inside of my subconscious?" the Target questioned. "You knew all along that they were coming?"

The Assassin answered immediately, "To be blunt, yes, I did. And I wanted to see how my defense programming would hold up against them. You were merely the test subject. I see that it needs some refinement now..."

"Maybe we're just better than you had anticipated," Arthur snidely remarked.

The Assassin cocked his gun. "I'd love to stay and debate our various methodologies with each other, but I have more important things to do than stay in a dream world with the two of you. Hand over the plans, please."

Arthur aimed for the Target and pulled the trigger. But his gun jammed. The Assassin pulled off 3 rounds, as Arthur flew back. The Assassin turned to the Target. "If you don't give me the plans now, we're all dead, and we'll never wake up. I'm the only one who can get us out of here!"

Arthur was revealed to be...
Spoiler:
Rylan - Arthur
Spoiler:
The Target was revealed to be...

count2infinity
Spoiler:
The dream started to collapse, as political books flew off of shelves. Drivel and posts from people debating politics echoed throughout the room. "Give me the plans, quick we have to get out of here or we'll be lost in limbo forever!" The Assassin stammered.

And with that, the Target's subconscious would have to make it's final decision.

NIGHT TIME VOTE

Tonight, everyone left alive has to vote on the following option. Please select...

1.) Deliver the plans to The Assassin.

2.) Refuse to deliver the plans to The Assassin.

There is no time limit on this vote. The vote will be finalized after everyone has chimed in, and a majority vote of 5 is reached...

Remaining Players:

1. Kaizer
2. c2i
3. newarenanow
4. obhave
5. Troy Loney
6. Krafster
7. Willie Kool
8. Benny Fitz
9. MWB
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

any good reasoning not to give the plans to the assassin/green?
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

i think the subconscious is going to lose either way
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Kaizer wrote:i think the subconscious is going to lose either way
really? see i thought it was the other way around.

As a village i think we preformed really well. Im sure there was a ton of stuff that was going on behind the scenes, and I think we needed to just keep kicking over rocks to help the greens dial it in.

If MWB is the Assassin i think that might explain his weird play. My guess is that he was probably using all of his 'analysis' in PM's to the other greens, and when he'd come out here his posts were pedestrian, at best.

The 'non-safe-choice'r' in me wants to say 'thanks for the help assassin, but we got it from here.' Because why even give us this choice if it wasnt something we could screw up? Juno is still around here somewhere, and Emmes is dead but 'woken up by his team'. what if he's back in the form of the assassin?

BUT - i guess we should just hand everything over based on the fact that the Assissin has done so much, they're green, and basically told us that if we don't we'll be stuck in limbo.

i'm good with whatever's clever on this one...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I think Benny is red.

As for my "weird" play... I've had limited time to check into the game and with the depth of this game it's hard to keep up. Hard to present much analysis when things change so quickly. This really is a game where you have to follow along all the time, as shown this morning. Saw that there was still the three hour limit and just wanted to get my vote out there while driving to my daughter's soccer game.

Anyway, another person who has stuck out is obhave. She seems to come in just in time to vote, but not much else.

Not sure what to say about giving plans to the assassin. I guess we might as well, but would rather hear what people think pros and cons would be.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

we still hold the "plans", i dont think we should give them to anyone. the assassin has already been a false ally once, if were choosing between him and the target, i go with the target. really need to hear some insight from the others though.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

The assassin is green and would seem to be tied to that. Is there anything in the movie that would be helpful here? And I assume c2i knew all along he was the Target. Does his role matter at this point?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Kaizer wrote:we still hold the "plans", i dont think we should give them to anyone. the assassin has already been a false ally once, if were choosing between him and the target, i go with the target. really need to hear some insight from the others though.
When was he a false ally?

And are we choosing a side here between target and assassin? Seems to be we just need to decide if the assassin is truly good. According to the write up, if we don't do as he says, the dream ends. Game over? So has this write up been molded by reds? I think probably so. That makes me think we don't give plans up.
Kaizer
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Kaizer »

he was a false ally when columbia was using his identity.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Can someone clarify where we are with the assassin? Columbia claimed to be him, and wasn't, or something. A write up said the assassin was tied up in a broom closet and now just regular. Did something happen to reinstitute his powers?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Is it possible that once Eames (Columbia) was killed, that assassin's powers were returned?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

FINAL DECISION TO MAKE...

[youtube][/youtube]