NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: NHL WARS I GAME THREAD

Post by Troy Loney »

shafnutz05 wrote:I will wholeheartedly admit that I flubbed the Senka vote. But I think you will be hardpressed to find one person in this game that didn't think Senka was acting in a bizarre manner. He is normally dead-on when picking out goons, but this game he was making bizarre vote selections and kind of staying in the shadows (in addition to a comment that appeared to be protecting Azkar). I will 100% take the responsibility for that...

As far as THG goes, the writing was on the wall with him a long time before he ever got voted off. Other people have called you out long before I cast the vote. There is simply no one else I can see as being a goon (at least right now). Who do YOU think we should vote for?

You can't fault someone for calling someone out at this point in the game....villagers are the ones who don't know what going on and are trying to post theories and derive information from people....players that sit idly back and try and stay out of the limelight are suspicicious....

To me, there really is a distinct difference between the way people play when they are clueless villagers and are trynig desperately to figure things out, and when people are bad and know the other bad guys, and just try to lay low....ie...accusing an innocent of being bad shoudl not be suspicious
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

count2infinity wrote:so are we just chalking up redwill/thg thing to a villager vs. villager fight?
At the moment, that's probably the best way to look at it. We can't completely dismiss it going forward though. Best to keep an eye on redwill from here on out but not worthy of a vote at this time.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Oh no I agree Troy...there was nothing wrong with anyone calling out THG. I wish i had more a clue right now but I honestly don't. This is one of those games where it's hard to pick out patterns....the goons are disguising their strategy well
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

The tfrizz vote looks like a pretty good one, I had brought up his name in the same post as I originally did with IE. At the same time though he makes a good point that shaf and pfidc started other votes as well. Even though there's good reasoning behind the votes they've started it might be something to look into in the future if tfrizz turns out to be green.

waive tfrizz
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

beerman wrote:
count2infinity wrote:so are we just chalking up redwill/thg thing to a villager vs. villager fight?
At the moment, that's probably the best way to look at it. We can't completely dismiss it going forward though. Best to keep an eye on redwill from here on out but not worthy of a vote at this time.

Redwill went with azkar right away...do you really believe a good would jump on another goon so early in the game?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

So we're all going off of shafnutz's gut feeling? We don't have any more information than that?
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

waive Zarovich

He was after me randomly on day 2, and is back at it again... there must be some reason he wants me gone.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Kicksave wrote:So we're all going off of shafnutz's gut feeling? We don't have any more information than that?
tfrizz didn't vote for Azkar and was late in on a bandwagon or two, I'm basing my vote on that
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

COUNT

tfrizz - 5 (shaf, pfidc, zaro, troy, beerman)
cupkeeper - 1 (sdm)
zaro - 1 (tfrizz)

8 to waive.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kicksave wrote:So we're all going off of shafnutz's gut feeling? We don't have any more information than that?
I'll be the first to admit I can't offer much more than that. I am also going off his voting pattern, which I stated eariler. He jumped ship very late to get rid of Senka....and in the THG vote, he voted redwill early. I am thinking the reason he voted for redwill is that he knew redwill was not a goon either, so would be a safe bet. It's a lot of conjecture, but it's all I got
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

beerman wrote:
tfrizz didn't vote for Azkar and was late in on a bandwagon or two, I'm basing my vote on that
It's just disapointing that's all we have to go off of right now. We have better options, we just need to talk this out. We get multiple votes on someone and we're so quick to blow our load with that and it hasn't worked yet.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Troy Loney wrote:
beerman wrote:

Redwill went with azkar right away...do you really believe a good would jump on another goon so early in the game?
maybe, maybe not. It definitely wouldn't have been a conventional play but who would have thought a few games ago the slugs would let a slug and the alpha slug go into a coin flip pretty early in the game either? Like I said he's not high up on my list but I won't completely dismiss him either.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kicksave wrote:It's just disapointing that's all we have to go off of right now. We have better options, we just need to talk this out. We get multiple votes on someone and we're so quick to blow our load with that and it hasn't worked yet.
What other people are you considering?
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Kicksave wrote:
beerman wrote:
It's just disapointing that's all we have to go off of right now. We have better options, we just need to talk this out. We get multiple votes on someone and we're so quick to blow our load with that and it hasn't worked yet.
I'm willing to go another direction if anyone has anything more to talk about. We need more people to step up and talk, too many people aren't adding anything right now. Maybe we look those directions with this vote?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

maybe, maybe not. It definitely wouldn't have been a conventional play but who would have thought a few games ago the slugs would let a slug and the alpha slug go into a coin flip pretty early in the game either? Like I said he's not high up on my list but I won't completely dismiss him either.
Well...you say tomatoe, I say tomato....can't derive much yet...but to me, he's more likely to be good than just about everyone else right now....so until proven otherwise i'd say he's good.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

beerman wrote:I'm willing to go another direction if anyone has anything more to talk about. We need more people to step up and talk, too many people aren't adding anything right now. Maybe we look those directions with this vote?
I've made my vote. I've got nothing to go on really... Zaro voted for me on day 2 "because I voted for jw", and he was quick to jump here. He's also been pretty quiet... but being a new player, I'm at the disadvantage of not knowing people's playing styles. It's pretty baseless, so I know it won't sway anyone :face:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Kicksave wrote:It's just disapointing that's all we have to go off of right now. We have better options, we just need to talk this out. We get multiple votes on someone and we're so quick to blow our load with that and it hasn't worked yet.
What other people are you considering?
I guess it's just harder for me to just bandwagon at this stage of the game. If we're going to just start offing people based on gut feelings, we might as well go with more quiet people like Zarovich, IE, etc.

Now, I wouldn't go after IE at this point, just because she could be an angel. She could also be the bad angel or as redwill pointed out, the main goon.

There is also the cupkeeper/sdm thing going on. SDM, could you give some more info you have on cupkeeper again?

To me, those would be better options at this point. However, wtf do I know? :lol:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

I looked back over cup keeper's posts and nothing leads me in the Goonish direction. He certainly has posted more than he usually does, but when he has posted little in the past, he was an RP (as I recall). He's sort of the opposite of Zarovich. :)

As I said in my long post, there are decent reasons to suspect tfrizz. But it's reasonable to think that he was just following thg hoping he (thg) was a Superstar RP. However, in his defense of himself this round tfrizz has done nothing to inspire confidence. I'm just not quite ready to jump.

I'd like to see a bit more conversation before I commit (as I'm sure we all would.)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Oh, and you were really, really wrong on Senka. :lol:

Both you and PFiDC were adamant on Senka being a goon.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

waive cupkeeper

randomly decided to vote for me twice with no real reason at the beginning of votes trying to get people on board for a good ole fashion bandwagonning... i'm not convinced on tfrizz yet.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

redwill wrote:I looked back over cup keeper's posts and nothing leads me in the Goonish direction. He certainly has posted more than he usually does, but when he has posted little in the past, he was an RP (as I recall). He's sort of the opposite of Zarovich. :)

As I said in my long post, there are decent reasons to suspect tfrizz. But it's reasonable to think that he was just following thg hoping he (thg) was a Superstar RP. However, in his defense of himself this round tfrizz has done nothing to inspire confidence. I'm just not quite ready to jump.

I'd like to see a bit more conversation before I commit (as I'm sure we all would.)
I understand where you're coming from redwill... but I've learned over the course of the past week that once they start bandwagoning, you're not going to change their mind. shaf & PFiDC have already lead the charge to take two of us out, so why not make it three?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Kicksave wrote:Oh, and you were really, really wrong on Senka. :lol:

Both you and PFiDC were adamant on Senka being a goon.
Oh, I completely agree. But again......no one here would argue Senka was not acting like himself. Instead of throwing out theories are outing goons, he was making bizarre votes and using weird logic (like the Azkar comment). The Azkar comment sealed his fate for me, personally
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Bear in mind, that I also was calling for an Azkar vote over and over again in the very beginning of his eventual downfall.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

tfrizz wrote:I understand where you're coming from redwill... but I've learned over the course of the past week that once they start bandwagoning, you're not going to change their mind. shaf & PFiDC have already lead the charge to take two of us out, so why not make it three?
Again,

Senka: I stand 100% behind that....he was acting completely weird.

THG: Did not lead the charge at all...a bunch of people called him out.

Azkar (the goon detective): I was the 2nd person to call loudly (and consistently) for his waiving, and listed several reasons behind it. I didn't jump on at the end (or just not vote for him, like you did).

I am fine with my track record...1 out of 3 ain't bad (and THG might as well count as a goon for all the confusion he caused)
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

tfrizz wrote:shaf & PFiDC have already lead the charge to take two of us out, so why not make it three?
Poor wording, sorry. Tried to get the post in between visits from the boss and supervisor :oops:

I meant that shaf & PFiDC have lead charges that resulted in two regular superstars getting eliminated, who what's the harm in a third one right? Whether they knew what road they were heading down at the time, only they know.