Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by dman66 »

Ben Klingston wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:Jagr was a baby because Lemieux came back in to the picture. That's well documented by people who were around it.
Really? Can you link a couple of those?

I seem to remember Jags sulking and slumping before Mario came back and beaming and smiling once it was announced he was coming back.... CP telling him 'I got you a center.... it's Mario'.
That is how I remember it as well. I'm gonna be so distracted doing month end tomorrow....
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Ben Klingston wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:Jagr was a baby because Lemieux came back in to the picture. That's well documented by people who were around it.

I seem to remember Jags sulking and slumping before Mario came back and beaming and smiling once it was announced he was coming back.... CP telling him 'I got you a center.... it's Mario'.
http://www.google.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have fun.
IronDukes37
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by IronDukes37 »

Last edited by IronDukes37 on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dave's_a_Killer »

Boogeyman wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:

Have fun.
You're supposed to look it up. You're the the one typing without any backup. Is this Ron Cook?
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Stan Savaran just mentioned on DVE the other day that Jagr was frustrated because the spotlight was no longer on him. Steigerwald has also made references to that being the case in the past.

I bet Jagr just openly admits that he wants to be "the guy" on the team for sh*ts and giggles.
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Boogeyman wrote:Stan Savaran just mentioned on DVE the other day that Jagr was frustrated because the spotlight was no longer on him. Steigerwald has also made references to that being the case in the past.

I bet Jagr just openly admits that he wants to be "the guy" on the team for sh*ts and giggles.

Mario came back to help get Jagr out of his funk.
scpensfan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by scpensfan »

My guess: Shero and 66 already have Jagr's answer
Last edited by scpensfan on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Dave's_a_Killer wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:
Ben Klingston wrote:

Have fun.
You're supposed to look it up. You're the the one typing without any backup. Is this Ron Cook?
I've heard it from the mouths of people who were around it. Additionally, not my problem if you can't take my word for it.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I don't see Jagr fitting into what Philly is building at all...
PensOnDVD
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensOnDVD »

Seth just posted on Twitter:

For those asking, @AnthonySan37 is as legit as they come. I'm not verifying or denying his story. But he's a pro.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Dave's_a_Killer wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:Stan Savaran just mentioned on DVE the other day that Jagr was frustrated because the spotlight was no longer on him. Steigerwald has also made references to that being the case in the past.

Mario came back to help get Jagr out of his funk.

I made my statement based upon what I have heard Stan Savran and Paul Steigerwald say. I'll leave it at that.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

scpensfan wrote: happy with the team general manager Paul Holmgren has assembled, Luukko said, and would have had to remove some key pieces to fit Stamkos under the cap.
lol now THAT sounds like pr bs to me. Because they didnt remove key pieces to sign Bryz? Don't act like all the sudden with Stamkos he's a great gm that knows how to show restraint.

And now back to our regularly scheduled program.
PolarPenguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by PolarPenguin »

Just got off the phone with someone I trust.

I was told Jagr has already told Lemieux that he's going to sign with Pittsburgh and that the Penguins have a huge front page for their Web site ready to go live at Noon tomorrow with a big "welcome home" theme.

Why the delay then?

From what I was told Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda may have been trying to lure another team into offering Jagr a bit more money so he can put a PR spin like "I turned down more money to come back to Pittsburgh."

Is it possible the Flyers are that team?

Maybe. Maybe not. There is no evidence that the Flyers even made an offer, although they have discussed the possibility.

But if it's true, it wouldn't surprise... Jagr needs to make a splash after being gone for three years.

However, Jagr is aloof enough that maybe, just maybe, he's changed his mind.

Get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow is going to be cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
marek
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by marek »

jdev28 wrote:
superstartreatment wrote:Image
pffft... can't we just pay him in peanut butter?
Man those are some high-wasted jeans!
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Also, Mario came back to put asses in civic area seats. Sure, it may have been sugar coated with nice stories about helping Jagr.

Mario playing was good for business, specifically his.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugo Stiglitz
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

If Jagr signs in Philly, I don't know that in the history of any other sport will the BOOs be louder than when Jagr step on the ice in the CEC.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

The "do right by Mario" quote is telling for me. Only reason Shero says that is if he knows Jagr is mulling other offers. So I don't think they already have an answer, it sounds like RS isn't sure what he is going to do either.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

Boogeyman wrote:
mac5155 wrote:how is he a (whatever that should be)? for complaining about an ownership group that didnt want to spend any money around him?
Come on... we all saw the shifts and games taken off, the pouting, the comments. Ownership was not in a position to spend money, lest we forget. Jagr was a baby because Lemieux came back in to the picture. That's well documented by people who were around it.
I think holding a grudge for so many years is kinda silly. I'm sure you've done something stupid in the past and people around you forgave you. Or are you perfect?

Plus, I would have been just as pissed at CP for putting those BS teams together. Jagr is a passionate guy. A competitor. It must have been literally killing him to play with Kip freaking Miller.

I'm sure he wishes he handled things better, but it's time to forget that nonsense. We'll see what happens tomorrow. They may very well be waiting for noon to make a big announcement.
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Boogeyman wrote:Also, Mario came back to put asses in civic area seats. Sure, it may have been sugar coated with nice stories about helping Jagr.

Did you hear that from Guy Junker?
tonysoprano
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by tonysoprano »

FallenHero96 wrote:The "do right by Mario" quote is telling for me. Only reason Shero says that is if he knows Jagr is mulling other offers. So I don't think they already have an answer, it sounds like RS isn't sure what he is going to do either.
Bingo.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

fwiw, EmptyNetters has said that @AnthonySan37 is as legit as they come. He is the guy that posted about the Pens front page already being ready and the Flyers were Jagr bombed.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

Dave's_a_Killer wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:Also, Mario came back to put asses in civic area seats. Sure, it may have been sugar coated with nice stories about helping Jagr.

Did you hear that from Guy Junker?
No, I am Guy Junker.

If your implying that Lemieux coming back didn't have anything to do with pulling in revenue, I question the length of time that you have followed the team.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

PolarPenguin wrote: From what I was told Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda may have been trying to lure another team into offering Jagr a bit more money so he can put a PR spin like "I turned down more money to come back to Pittsburgh."
Among all of the disinformation from the last few days, this is one of the rare, plausible theories.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

columbia wrote:
PolarPenguin wrote: From what I was told Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda may have been trying to lure another team into offering Jagr a bit more money so he can put a PR spin like "I turned down more money to come back to Pittsburgh."
Among all of the disinformation from the last few days, this is one of the rare, plausible theories.
I guess but I'm sure Svboda could just say they had more lucrative offers on the table. I don't think anyone is going to make him prove it...
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

This years free agency period needed this buzz because the UFA player pool is atrocious...