Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
bh
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Penguins want Jagr back?!

Post by bh »

Soooo... anyone want to summarize this thread for me since I don't feel like reading almost 300 pages now. :slug:
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

Gaucho wrote:Seems to be the first free agent period for some of you.
Most agents/players don't try to run an auction through the media. At least not so blatantly. Again, this has been going on since the second or third week of May. Back then, the Pens denied even talking to Svoboda as he claimed.

Add the drama of emotions, heart, legacies, loyalty and it's a very abnormal, melodramatic free agency.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

bh wrote:Soooo... anyone want to summarize this thread for me since I don't feel like reading almost 300 pages now. :slug:
Jagr skates.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

RxBandit66 wrote:I wish people would stop bashing Jagr. For all we know he might decide to take less money to play here. He already will turn down more money from Russia. He has not said "no" and even Svoboda says Pittsburgh is very much in the picture.

The guy is the 6th leading scorer of all time. He does not owe the Penguins another game in that uniform. He might choose the Pens and if he does, it will surely be the last time we will ever see him skate. People forget how good he was, and how many games he won for the Pens.
People have every right to bash Jagr, he's a *******.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/2 ... -bomb.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

Boogeyman wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:It's not so much that the Pens need Jagr as they need a guy with his type of passing skills. If anyone thinks the Pens will win a Cup with Dustin Jeffrey and Nick Johnson in the top 6, they are fooling themselves. As for Upshall, he's just another guy who hustles but can't pass or shoot particularly well. The Pens have so many guys like that already. If Sid or Geno (or both) go down again for any length of time, a guy like Jagr can carry a team on his back for a few games at a time. You can't just plug guys like Letestu in there and expect to win consistently.
I doubt Jagr can carry a team so to speak. If he becomes the focus he will be shut down.

He is 39 years old. He is not the player he was in 2008...
True he is 39, but he played very short seasons in the KHL, and played a short season in the 2005 lockout year. His body has some wear and tear, but he may have more left in the tank than what many people think. He could get 75 pts if healthy for 82 games.
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

bh wrote:Soooo... anyone want to summarize this thread for me since I don't feel like reading almost 300 pages now. :slug:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Boogeyman wrote:
RxBandit66 wrote:I wish people would stop bashing Jagr. For all we know he might decide to take less money to play here. He already will turn down more money from Russia. He has not said "no" and even Svoboda says Pittsburgh is very much in the picture.

The guy is the 6th leading scorer of all time. He does not owe the Penguins another game in that uniform. He might choose the Pens and if he does, it will surely be the last time we will ever see him skate. People forget how good he was, and how many games he won for the Pens.
how is he a (whatever that should be)? for complaining about an ownership group that didnt want to spend any money around him?
Dave's_a_Killer
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Dave's_a_Killer »

Jagr's coming here!!!! Yay!!!!

Random news report - I hate him. He's a flake!!!

Pens still in the mix. Yay I knew he'd come back!!!!!

More teams interested- He's a childish bum!!
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

The Snapshot wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Image
Gaucho, I always pictured you as older....
See, I thought it was Lesky.
jjj5032
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by jjj5032 »

Daily Times beat writer Anthony J. SanFilippo takes you inside the locker rooms of the Philadelphia Flyers and the rest of the NHL.

Thursday, June 30, 2011
FLYERS VICTIM OF JAGR BOMB?
Just got off the phone with someone I trust.

I was told Jagr has already told Lemieux that he's going to sign with Pittsburgh and that the Penguins have a huge front page for their Web site ready to go live at Noon tomorrow with a big "welcome home" theme.

Why the delay then?

From what I was told Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda may have been trying to lure another team into offering Jagr a bit more money so he can put a PR spin like "I turned down more money to come back to Pittsburgh."

Is it possible the Flyers are that team?

Maybe. Maybe not. There is no evidence that the Flyers even made an offer, although they have discussed the possibility.

But if it's true, it wouldn't surprise... Jagr needs to make a splash after being gone for three years.

However, Jagr is aloof enough that maybe, just maybe, he's changed his mind.

Get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow is going to be cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

posted by In The Room at 10:35 PM 0 Comments

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FWIW
RxBandit66
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by RxBandit66 »

I think there is some truth to this. Svoboda might have also been trying to coax a two-year deal out of the Pens, and may have attenpted to get that from another team. It's what good agents do, and in the end it is a business.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

mac5155 wrote:
Boogeyman wrote:

how is he a (whatever that should be)? for complaining about an ownership group that didnt want to spend any money around him?
Come on... we all saw the shifts and games taken off, the pouting, the comments. Ownership was not in a position to spend money, lest we forget. Jagr was a baby because Lemieux came back in to the picture. That's well documented by people who were around it.
Last edited by Boogeyman on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I don't know what to think anymore...The last few days I was basically sold on Jagr being signed...Now I'm not sure. I don't even listen to or read what Svboda says. He's pointless...

I don't think it would be hard for Jagr to get several offers from other teams if he really wanted to play that game...

I hope he has a deal in place with Mario and will be announced at 12:00...if not...hello Steve Sullivan = O
Desiato
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Desiato »

If that's true, they also set us up the bomb.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

at this point I'd be happy just finding out what watch Jagr decides to buy #jagr'swatch
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bh wrote:Soooo... anyone want to summarize this thread for me since I don't feel like reading almost 300 pages now.
:shock:
:thumb:
:fist:
:scared: :scared: :scared:
Turtles
:scared: :scared: :scared:
:evil:
winger
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by winger »

I dunno... sure would like to know what Sid and Geno (and all the players actually) "really" think about this whole spectacle, imagining the whole year ahead of them with Jags and all the possible possibilities, good and bad.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

Lunchman wrote:Has Jagr ordered room service for his midnight snack?
IanMoran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by IanMoran »

Good JuJU

Goodnight LGP

[youtube][/youtube]
the errey i breathe
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by the errey i breathe »

This is my 1,000th post. You can sign now Jaromir. You are the reason it made it here before the end of summer.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jjj5032 wrote:Daily Times beat writer Anthony J. SanFilippo takes you inside the locker rooms of the Philadelphia Flyers and the rest of the NHL.

Thursday, June 30, 2011
FLYERS VICTIM OF JAGR BOMB?
Just got off the phone with someone I trust.

I was told Jagr has already told Lemieux that he's going to sign with Pittsburgh and that the Penguins have a huge front page for their Web site ready to go live at Noon tomorrow with a big "welcome home" theme.

Why the delay then?

From what I was told Jagr's agent Petr Svoboda may have been trying to lure another team into offering Jagr a bit more money so he can put a PR spin like "I turned down more money to come back to Pittsburgh."

Is it possible the Flyers are that team?

Maybe. Maybe not. There is no evidence that the Flyers even made an offer, although they have discussed the possibility.

But if it's true, it wouldn't surprise... Jagr needs to make a splash after being gone for three years.

However, Jagr is aloof enough that maybe, just maybe, he's changed his mind.

Get some sleep tonight. Tomorrow is going to be cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

posted by In The Room at 10:35 PM 0 Comments

http://anthonysintheroom.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FWIW
lololol sounds like absolute hogwash.
Boogeyman
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Boogeyman »

winger wrote:I dunno... sure would like to know what Sid and Geno (and all the players actually) "really" think about this whole spectacle, imagining the whole year ahead of them with Jags and all the possible possibilities, good and bad.
I remember when Jagr went on his little tirade about Sid diving in the 2008 playoffs.
jdev28
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by jdev28 »

superstartreatment wrote:Image
pffft... can't we just pay him in peanut butter?
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

Boogeyman wrote:Jagr was a baby because Lemieux came back in to the picture. That's well documented by people who were around it.
Really? Can you link a couple of those?

I seem to remember Jags sulking and slumping before Mario came back and beaming and smiling once it was announced he was coming back.... CP telling him 'I got you a center.... it's Mario'.