2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Post by Puck-Lurker »

With Boston out, my finals would be Carolina-Edmonton.

If it turns out to be Vegas-Florida, I won't bother watching.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Flyers search for President of Hockey is reportedly down to Keith Jones or Eddie Olczyk. I heard Doc Emmerick and Mike Lange just missed the cut. :lol: :lol: :lol: :face:
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:Flyers search for President of Hockey is reportedly down to Keith Jones or Eddie Olczyk. I heard Doc Emmerick and Mike Lange just missed the cut. :lol: :lol: :lol: :face:
Wow! that's wild. According to this Shero and Wilson both interviewed. But hey, let's go with Jones or Edzo!

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/05/10/ ... es-olczyk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

KG wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Flyers search for President of Hockey is reportedly down to Keith Jones or Eddie Olczyk. I heard Doc Emmerick and Mike Lange just missed the cut. :lol: :lol: :lol: :face:
Wow! that's wild. According to this Shero and Wilson both interviewed. But hey, let's go with Jones or Edzo!

https://phillyhockeynow.com/2023/05/10/ ... es-olczyk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's why the Flyers have been such a successful franchise. Pierre McGuire must have had something else lined up?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Chris Therien
@ctherien6
·
29s
·
If I'm wrong about this I will own it but Keith Jones is your new president of hockey operations for our Philadelphia Flyers ! Congrats to my great friend Jonesy! This is not confirmed!
@AntSanPhilly
is all over it!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

thehockeyguru wrote:
KG wrote:

That's why the Flyers have been such a successful franchise. Pierre McGuire must have had something else lined up?
Apparently the Flyers used two search firms to find the candidate and they go with Comcast employees lol . Yikes, that's rough. That would be like the Pens hiring Jay Caufield to be team President. But he's good with the telestrator!
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

KG wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
KG wrote:

Apparently the Flyers used two search firms to find the candidate and they go with Comcast employees lol . Yikes, that's rough. That would be like the Pens hiring Jay Caufield to be team President. But he's good with the telestrator!
Maybe they really wanted some horse racing tips, too.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I thought if the official redirects a puck that bad to directly lead to a goal it was waived off?
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

The roving name tags fir players on ESPN’s broadcasts are so annoying. We don’t need to see that. That’s what the announcers are for. Isn’t it enough that we have to deal with moving ads on the dasher boards?! STOP with distractions!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Sams_Dog wrote:The roving name tags fir players on ESPN’s broadcasts are so annoying. We don’t need to see that. That’s what the announcers are for. Isn’t it enough that we have to deal with moving ads on the dasher boards?! STOP with distractions!
Very annoying. Trying to make it like a video game.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

At least an official didn't have the primary assist on the Leafs 2nd goal.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Was thinking it would be something for Woll to get a SO but this is like the first good shot the Panthers put on net and it just squeaks in. Swap goalies and it’s 6-0 Leafs.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Panthers got jobbed. Leafs can never say they get screwed by officials after that first goal.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote:Panthers got jobbed. Leafs can never say they get screwed by officials after that first goal.
I would be amazed if Toronto plays that tight of a defensive game again. Especially at home.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

Vegas is down 4-1 with a minute to go so what does Pietrangelo do? Takes a huge, two handed chop to Draisaitl’s arm. Can’t beat ‘em? Injure em! Same old NHL. I bet he gets a whopping $5,000 fine. That’ll teach him.
largegarlic
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by largegarlic »

And it's confirmed that the Flyers do go with Jones as President of Hockey Ops and Briere as GM. May their good-ole-boyism lead to continued dysfunction.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Sams_Dog wrote:Vegas is down 4-1 with a minute to go so what does Pietrangelo do? Takes a huge, two handed chop to Draisaitl’s arm. Can’t beat ‘em? Injure em! Same old NHL. I bet he gets a whopping $5,000 fine. That’ll teach him.
So far, only Nurse has been suspended for a game for the instigator he received with less than 5mins in the game, which was kind of an iffy call. Pietrangelo's garbage play was as deliberate attempt to injure as it gets and his target happens to be leading the playoffs in scoring. He had better get at least 3 games or more.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

brwi wrote:
Sams_Dog wrote:Vegas is down 4-1 with a minute to go so what does Pietrangelo do? Takes a huge, two handed chop to Draisaitl’s arm. Can’t beat ‘em? Injure em! Same old NHL. I bet he gets a whopping $5,000 fine. That’ll teach him.
So far, only Nurse has been suspended for a game for the instigator he received with less than 5mins in the game, which was kind of an iffy call. Pietrangelo's garbage play was as deliberate attempt to injure as it gets and his target happens to be leading the playoffs in scoring. He had better get at least 3 games or more.
It was really bad, I'd be fine with a 10 game ban
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

thehockeyguru wrote:
brwi wrote:
You know the old motto, "it's playoff hockey! boys will be boys!" :face:

Pietrangelo will get 1 game max I say.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

KG wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
brwi wrote:
You know the old motto, "it's playoff hockey! boys will be boys!" :face:

Pietrangelo will get 1 game max I say.
....and you're the WINNER! One lousy game for that. Ridiculous.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Tough way to lose a series for the Devils. Power play goal after a delay of game (puck over the glass) penalty in OT. Seeing how the league really doesn't call penalties much in OT, they should just tell the refs not to call delay of game in OT.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Fast was starting to be called out for doing nothing all playoffs, nice way to get people off his back.

Devils were the last team I really don’t like to be eliminated. I would still prefer Dallas and Toronto to lose but any team left winning would be fine with me.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

DelPen wrote:Fast was starting to be called out for doing nothing all playoffs, nice way to get people off his back.

Devils were the last team I really don’t like to be eliminated. I would still prefer Dallas and Toronto to lose but any team left winning would be fine with me.
Fast had 3 goals coming in before the game tonight, pretty good for a 3rd line grinder who can alos be counted on for very solid two-way play. Don't think too many Carolina fans were worried about his production this post-season, though there was a little grumbling about his lack of points during the regular season.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

KG wrote:Tough way to lose a series for the Devils. Power play goal after a delay of game (puck over the glass) penalty in OT. Seeing how the league really doesn't call penalties much in OT, they should just tell the refs not to call delay of game in OT.
I've never liked that rule. It's a waste of time. The only time that rule should be called is when a player (most definitely) intentionally throws it over to try to stop a play. Should never be a penalty on an attempted clear. They called it a delay of game penalty, but the actual delay is them calling the penalty! Just line up for a faceoff!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Toronto fans can’t keep their mouths shut during the US anthem…again.